Huawei P20 Lite stuck on EMUI 8

Search This thread

nitrox8760

Jan 14, 2022
Hello all, I've been experiencing a few problems with installing lineage os on my P20 lite.

According to some others, TWRP seemed to not like the version of EMUI 9 I was on at the time. To get around this I thought I could downgrade to a previous version of EMUI 9 however I ended up downgrading to EMUI 8 by mistake. TWRP seems to not like EMUI 8 even more and I can't even properly transfer files to the device anymore.
The eRecovery function of EMUI 8 does not work and gives the error "Getting authentication info failed" when I try to update, and I had already wiped the OS before I realised my mistake. Making it almost impossible for me to update it to a working version.
Firmware is very hard to find for this device and I'm not sure how to use the ones I have found. Does anyone have any ideas of how I could resolve this issue?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
Hello all, I've been experiencing a few problems with installing lineage os on my P20 lite.

According to some others, TWRP seemed to not like the version of EMUI 9 I was on at the time. To get around this I thought I could downgrade to a previous version of EMUI 9 however I ended up downgrading to EMUI 8 by mistake. TWRP seems to not like EMUI 8 even more and I can't even properly transfer files to the device anymore.
The eRecovery function of EMUI 8 does not work and gives the error "Getting authentication info failed" when I try to update, and I had already wiped the OS before I realised my mistake. Making it almost impossible for me to update it to a working version.here
Firmware is very hard to find for this device and I'm not sure how to use the ones I have found. Does anyone have any ideas of how I could resolve this issue?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
in fastboot mode run commands:

fastboot oem get-build-number
fastboot oem get-product-model
fastboot getvar vendorcountry
fastboot oem oeminforead-CUSTOM_VERSION
fastboot oem oeminforead-SYSTEM_VERSION

and post the results.
Some might fail, so don't worry about it.

As for TWRP, look here

nitrox8760

Jan 14, 2022
in fastboot mode run commands:

and post the results.
Some might fail, so don't worry about it.

As for TWRP, look here
Heres the results:
Code:
(bootloader) :ANE-LX1 8.0.0.161(C782)

(bootloader) ANE-LX1

vendorcountry: h3g/gb

FAILED (remote: 'Read oeminfo failed!')

(bootloader) :ANE-LX1 9.1.0.161(C782E4R1P7)
Using a version of TWRP I found on that post, I am now able to transfer files to the device. Sadly I cant install lineage os, probably because I'm still on EMUI 8.

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
Firmware is very hard to find for this device
I can't give you a direct link (because of forum rules), but you can google it: 9.1.0.286 (`single & dual)
HUAWEI P20 LITE ANE-LX1 ANE-L01 HW EU HLRCF ANNE-L21 9.1.0.286(C782E5R1P7T8) FIRMWARE EMUI9.1.0 05015EHQ

If it will incompatible or so, first flash 8.0.0.159 for single SIM
HUAWEI P20 LITE ANE-LX1 ANE-L01 HW EU ANNE-L01 8.0.0.159(C782) FIRMWARE 8.0.0 R1 EMUI8.0 05015ARN

or for dual SIM 8.0.0.152
HUAWEI P20 LITE ANE-L21 ANE-LX1 HW EU ANNE-L21 8.0.0.152(C782) FIRMWARE 8.0.0 R1 EMUI8.0 05015EHQ

Use dload method, instructions can be found in ReleaseDoc folder .

Reactions: nitrox8760

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
I can't give you a direct link (because of forum rules), but you can google it: 9.1.0.286 (`single & dual)
HUAWEI P20 LITE ANE-LX1 ANE-L01 HW EU HLRCF ANNE-L21 9.1.0.286(C782E5R1P7T8) FIRMWARE EMUI9.1.0 05015EHQ

If it will incompatible or so, first flash 8.0.0.159 for single SIM
HUAWEI P20 LITE ANE-LX1 ANE-L01 HW EU ANNE-L01 8.0.0.159(C782) FIRMWARE 8.0.0 R1 EMUI8.0 05015ARN

or for dual SIM 8.0.0.152
HUAWEI P20 LITE ANE-L21 ANE-LX1 HW EU ANNE-L21 8.0.0.152(C782) FIRMWARE 8.0.0 R1 EMUI8.0 05015EHQ

Use dload method, instructions can be found in ReleaseDoc folder .
Dload method will erase all your data and will lock the bootloader!

you can Repair it with Software Testpoint and Full Bootloader Unlock ,and then flash a Board Software via Software Testpoint, that helps 100%!!!

use this Firmware Download ANE-LX1

use the Software with logins and you have all what you need.
you must start the Software Testpoint so!!

VIDEO : how to start Software Testpoint P20 Lite

than in Software Testpoint you flash the included Board Software with DC-Phoenix and after that use the included dload update via sdcard and eRecovery mode and your Phone is running on 9.1.0

I would unlock the bootloader via Software Testpoint with DC-Phoenix, then the FBLock is unlocked and you can flash as you wish!!!! And the great thing about it is that you don't need an UnlockKey either, you can then read this with HCU client software, the only thing that's stupid is that you need a time-based license for the two programs, which you have to buy.

HCU client download
https://hcu-client.com

DC Phoenix download
https://forum.dc-unlocker.com/forum/modems-and-phones/huawei/155916-dc-phoenix

Since I accidentally bought a 3-day license twice and my P20 Lite is now completely rooted on Lineage 19.1, I can give away 2 access data, which are still valid for 2 days.
you can edit your smartphone with it.

username : bl26457
password : kKncnkMj

username : bl26390
password : JDAZqnkN

Then I wish you a lot of fun with it, hope it helps you if someone else is active in this thread.

Top Liked Posts