Huawei P20 Pro Google Photos crashing issue

Search This thread

hutchy134

Apr 21, 2018
Preordered my p20 pro and was very excited. It's been an amazing phone. However, my default photo gallery has always been google photos, I have so many photos stored in the cloud through Google Photos. But the app on my p20 pro seems to not work, it constantly crashes. I've tried everything to fix it to my knowledge but nothing is working. After about 10 seconds it just crashes. I thought it was initially struggling when it said "getting photos" so I removed my google account, but the app still crashed!
Really frustrating, open to any suggestions and please let me know if you have the same issues, hopefully I'm not alone.

Mja089

Apr 19, 2018
I'm glad I'm not the only one! Mine works and loads, but swiping between photos is quite jittery...even though it was silky smooth on my old phone! Really disappointing software optimisation for a new phone :(

hutchy134

Apr 21, 2018
I'm glad I'm not the only one! Mine works and loads, but swiping between photos is quite jittery...even though it was silky smooth on my old phone! Really disappointing software optimisation for a new phone :(

Mine won't even do as much as yours! So frustrating! Hopefully a future update will fix

Highspeed123

May 27, 2013
Swindon
Sony Xperia 1 III
All good for me too, finding it strange that some people are having issues that others don't have. It's smooth and fast loading for me just like Google maps, another app people are having trouble with.

Mja089

Apr 19, 2018
It's pretty frustrating that we don't know when these updates will actually be live to every user...I haven't had any updates and am thinking of returning in my returns window just incase nothing comes through... Pretty frustrating!

otonieru

May 7, 2011
Djakarta
I have no issue with Google Photos. It sync between my pixel 2 and p20 pro nicely. App performance is good with no crash as well.

I only had maps issue on .106 but .107 fixed it.

Highspeed123

May 27, 2013
Swindon
Sony Xperia 1 III
It's pretty frustrating that we don't know when these updates will actually be live to every user...I haven't had any updates and am thinking of returning in my returns window just incase nothing comes through... Pretty frustrating!

It's like that with pretty muchevery phone bar pixel and OnePlus. Always dependant on the network/carrier for them to get a move on and release the updates.

I'm still on the first firmware with Three but then again I don't really care so much as I am having none of the issues with Maps or Google Photos etc.

I had a sync issue with Chrome but I fixed it with a factory reset.

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

I have no issue with Google Photos. It sync between my pixel 2 and p20 pro nicely. App performance is good with no crash as well.

I only had maps issue on .106 but .107 fixed it.

I'm still stuck on 102 :D

a500user2013

Jun 14, 2013
Try turning off the smart resolution option and see if that resolved crashing or freezing issues. Then refresh the resolution by switching back and forth once to the one you want ... This fixed Google maps for me

yoomy

Apr 13, 2018
For me it doesn't crash but switching between photos is always a little laggy. If I go to the playstore and uninstall the google photos updates the lag is gone. So for me it is working fine with an older version but not with the current one. A friend of mine has the exact same issue. We were both on .106 (dual sim) and now on .107.

Reactions: dreamville

dreamville

Mar 4, 2013
For me it doesn't crash but switching between photos is always a little laggy. If I go to the playstore and uninstall the google photos updates the lag is gone. So for me it is working fine with an older version but not with the current one. A friend of mine has the exact same issue. We were both on .106 (dual sim) and now on .107.

Thanks for this! It's been bugging me seeing that lag

Hope they get their act together though

hutchy134

Apr 21, 2018
Still not working for me! Any other fixes for Google photos... Is there a way to get this reported properly?

bluedragon38

Jul 10, 2011
Its look like its not the good cpu witch is used that why.. i dont find any fix. (i dont use this software...)

Nezzox

Mar 5, 2013
I get that it says to connect my charger to sync my photos. And when I do it still doesn't sync.

The thing is that the option for choosing sync when charging or not charging is gone from the app. And I want it to always sync, not only when charging!

dinevalesco

Oct 13, 2010

How do I uninstall updates via Google Play? Having this problem too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.