Huawei P30 (ELE-L29 11.0.0.159 C431) TEST POINT AND DOWNGRADE PROBLEM

Search This thread

MrMutlu

Nov 3, 2015
İstanbul
Hi, I want to unlock bootloader of my phome and root it via Magisk method. But recently I've discovered that there is no way to unlock bootloader when you upgraded to EMUI 11. Dc-Phoenix + HCU doesn't support after EMUI 10 software testpoint. So the only way is try to Hardware testpoint method. I disassembled the phone and reach the motherboard and testpoint pin without damaged it. I short the testpoint pin with metal ground, plugged the USB and managed to enable the testpoint mode (the screen was black.) But then I saw my computer cannot detect my phone in testpoint mode, there is no "Huawei USB COM 1.0" or "USB Ser". I find drivers for Huawei USB COM 1.0 but still no change at all. I check the "Device Manager -> Install Legacy Driver -> Install From Disc" but there is no Huawei Incorporated drivers. I think my PC's problem that cannot detect my device in testpoint mode is the drivers. Here is what I did step by step;

1- Battery fulled and power off, phones back cover removed carefully and reached the mothet board. Testpoint pin founded.
2- Huawei USB COM 1.0 drivers installed to PC (driver file from PotatoNV GitHub page.)
3- USB-A side plugged to PC and USB-C side is waiting
4- A conductive metal tool (mine is pointed tweezer) grabbed and shorted to pin to metal ground and I keep them so.
5- While keeping the testpoint shorted, I plugged the USB-C side to phone and waited couple of second.

Then when I look at the PC, there is no change. No device detected. First, I was think that I couldn't manage the testpoint shorting but when I plugged the Phone to PC without shorting, the Huawei boot screen appears. When I short the testpoint and plugged it, the screen is black which means the device is in test point mode. But then, PC is not detecting my phone. So my guess is that the problem is the drivers.

I find out I could use the HiSuite Proxy app to downgrade from EMUI 11 to EMUI 10 so I can use the DC-Phoenix + HCU, but I tried this method before disassembling the phone. It didn't work that time. 2 days ago, I tried again this method to downgrade and use the software testpoint and I successfully downgraded it. The problem was HiSuite 10.0.0.550 cannot flash EMUI 11 but HiSuite 10.1.... can flash EMUI 11. I was in 11.0.0.159 firmware version and downgraded to 10.1.0.150 firmware version.

After that day, I decided to start to unlock method by DC-Phoenix and HCU but before buying timed licence I want to be sure that everything is okey. First, I plugged to phone to PC and that is the end of the way. There is no way to connecting PC after downgrade. I searched it from XDA and find out that after some security patchs or firmware versions if you try to downgrade, your USB activities are locked. And when you reach to latest version (version before I downgrade from), USB problem is solved. This is about the Huawei's new security patch, I guess. Many of Huawei P40 user is complaining about same problem. They are telling that in P40 after 11.0.0.180 update, if they try to downgrade, there USB functions are limited (no fast charge, no OTG or USB driver, no PC connecting). So, if you're using your Huawei phone and you are in EMUI 11 and after some update you will be get this problem too. There is no way to unlock bootloader or root on EMUI 11. There is no way to downgrade. But I searched and find out that you can flash any stock rom by SigmaKey. It is very expensive but you can flash stock rom to downgrade. You need just dload files (that 3 zips) and unzip the update.app and ptable.app files. Do that for 3 zip packages. And you can flash roms without any problem.

What I tried and discovered is dload method won't work this USB problem. Everyone knows that you can't downgrade from EMUI 11 by dload method. I downgrade with HiSuite Proxy to EMUI 10.1.0.150 and after downgrade I tried to dload method to upgrade firmware to 10.1.0.161. Dload is failed in %94 and I restarted device. The version is upgraded to 10.1.0.161 and all user data formatted but USB problem is not solved. When I upgraded to latest firmware, the problem is solved. But I want to downgrade without any problem and root this phone.

My biggest advice to anyone who have the Huawei phone, DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR PHONE WITHOUT SEARCHING THE NEW VERSION. IT IS LIKE HUAWEI FORCING EVERYONE TO UPGRADING THERE PHONE OR CANNOT DOWNGRADE TO ANY FRIMWARE.

Does anyone has same problem with me? What is the solution for this? I removed the back of the phone for nothing? I have to unlock the bootloader and root this device. I would really appreciated if you can help me.

Xynactra

Mar 18, 2018
Experiencing the same problem, but i can get even in Tespoint mode. The Computer just wont list my phone and i can do absolutley nothing. Now the phone is a piece of Garbage? :(

MrMutlu

Nov 3, 2015
İstanbul
Experiencing the same problem, but i can get even in Tespoint mode. The Computer just wont list my phone and i can do absolutley nothing. Now the phone is a piece of Garbage? :(
There is a way by SigmaKey Tools. But it's really expensive. In SigmaKey, there is a process that allowing you to flash the stock rom files (update.app and ptable.app). That means you can downgrade the firmware version without any problem or USB port lock. If you try to enable hardware test point and disassemble the phone, you can't connect the phone to PC in EMUI 11. So if you downgrade without USB port lock, you can enable the test point to. So there is only way to unlock bootloader and root Huawei phone is SigmaKey Tool. But too expensive for only one using.

Pisonja

Feb 23, 2011
I had the same problem. Phone was not detected in EDL mode. What i actually did to solve it is to pres left side of the board (so it makes contact with pins under it). holding it pressed i connected test point and usb c. and it all worked well

jroki

Mar 29, 2016
Huawei P30 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 10
There is a way by SigmaKey Tools. But it's really expensive. In SigmaKey, there is a process that allowing you to flash the stock rom files (update.app and ptable.app). That means you can downgrade the firmware version without any problem or USB port lock. If you try to enable hardware test point and disassemble the phone, you can't connect the phone to PC in EMUI 11. So if you downgrade without USB port lock, you can enable the test point to. So there is only way to unlock bootloader and root Huawei phone is SigmaKey Tool. But too expensive for only one using.
I have sigma box but it's all the same after downgrade usb function is locked.

kockarche

Apr 13, 2019
Hi. Excuse me for writing in this section but i don't know who to talk to. I have Huawei Y6 2018 (ATU L21) and tried to flash via TWRP many custom ROMs witn no success. Everytime i get error 9 in TWRP. All Y6 roms in the net are like this one from the link below.
I also tried to open the zip file. There are two folders in it - "ReleaseDoc" and "Software". The software folder contains "dload" folder and in it "ATU-L21_hw_eu" folder with "update_sd_ATU-L21_hw_eu.zip" Also tried to flash this zip but again with no success and the same error. Where am i wrong. How to flash this ROM or maybe i have to install another version of TWRP. Mine is 3.3.1. Thanks in advance.

novembre.973

May 25, 2017
I had the same problem. Phone was not detected in EDL mode. What i actually did to solve it is to pres left side of the board (so it makes contact with pins under it). holding it pressed i connected test point and usb c. and it all worked well
Hi. I have the same problem. ele-l29 device open to go to edl with test points but it doesn't work.
It remains on a black screen but the PC does not show it on the devices. You say you pressed the left side ... but what?

novembre.973

May 25, 2017
Hi. I have the same problem. ele-l29 device open to go to edl with test points but it doesn't work.
It remains on a black screen but the PC does not show it on the devices. You say you pressed the left side ... but what?
Hi, I want to unlock bootloader of my phome and root it via Magisk method. But recently I've discovered that there is no way to unlock bootloader when you upgraded to EMUI 11. Dc-Phoenix + HCU doesn't support after EMUI 10 software testpoint. So the only way is try to Hardware testpoint method. I disassembled the phone and reach the motherboard and testpoint pin without damaged it. I short the testpoint pin with metal ground, plugged the USB and managed to enable the testpoint mode (the screen was black.) But then I saw my computer cannot detect my phone in testpoint mode, there is no "Huawei USB COM 1.0" or "USB Ser". I find drivers for Huawei USB COM 1.0 but still no change at all. I check the "Device Manager -> Install Legacy Driver -> Install From Disc" but there is no Huawei Incorporated drivers. I think my PC's problem that cannot detect my device in testpoint mode is the drivers. Here is what I did step by step;

1- Battery fulled and power off, phones back cover removed carefully and reached the mothet board. Testpoint pin founded.
2- Huawei USB COM 1.0 drivers installed to PC (driver file from PotatoNV GitHub page.)
4- A conductive metal tool (mine is pointed tweezer) grabbed and shorted to pin to metal ground and I keep them so.
5- While keeping the testpoint shorted, I plugged the USB-C side to phone and waited couple of second.

Then when I look at the PC, there is no change. No device detected. First, I was think that I couldn't manage the testpoint shorting but when I plugged the Phone to PC without shorting, the Huawei boot screen appears. When I short the testpoint and plugged it, the screen is black which means the device is in test point mode. But then, PC is not detecting my phone. So my guess is that the problem is the drivers.

I find out I could use the HiSuite Proxy app to downgrade from EMUI 11 to EMUI 10 so I can use the DC-Phoenix + HCU, but I tried this method before disassembling the phone. It didn't work that time. 2 days ago, I tried again this method to downgrade and use the software testpoint and I successfully downgraded it. The problem was HiSuite 10.0.0.550 cannot flash EMUI 11 but HiSuite 10.1.... can flash EMUI 11. I was in 11.0.0.159 firmware version and downgraded to 10.1.0.150 firmware version.

After that day, I decided to start to unlock method by DC-Phoenix and HCU but before buying timed licence I want to be sure that everything is okey. First, I plugged to phone to PC and that is the end of the way. There is no way to connecting PC after downgrade. I searched it from XDA and find out that after some security patchs or firmware versions if you try to downgrade, your USB activities are locked. And when you reach to latest version (version before I downgrade from), USB problem is solved. This is about the Huawei's new security patch, I guess. Many of Huawei P40 user is complaining about same problem. They are telling that in P40 after 11.0.0.180 update, if they try to downgrade, there USB functions are limited (no fast charge, no OTG or USB driver, no PC connecting). So, if you're using your Huawei phone and you are in EMUI 11 and after some update you will be get this problem too. There is no way to unlock bootloader or root on EMUI 11. There is no way to downgrade. But I searched and find out that you can flash any stock rom by SigmaKey. It is very expensive but you can flash stock rom to downgrade. You need just dload files (that 3 zips) and unzip the update.app and ptable.app files. Do that for 3 zip packages. And you can flash roms without any problem.

What I tried and discovered is dload method won't work this USB problem. Everyone knows that you can't downgrade from EMUI 11 by dload method. I downgrade with HiSuite Proxy to EMUI 10.1.0.150 and after downgrade I tried to dload method to upgrade firmware to 10.1.0.161. Dload is failed in %94 and I restarted device. The version is upgraded to 10.1.0.161 and all user data formatted but USB problem is not solved. When I upgraded to latest firmware, the problem is solved. But I want to downgrade without any problem and root this phone.

My biggest advice to anyone who have the Huawei phone, DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR PHONE WITHOUT SEARCHING THE NEW VERSION. IT IS LIKE HUAWEI FORCING EVERYONE TO UPGRADING THERE PHONE OR CANNOT DOWNGRADE TO ANY FRIMWARE.

Does anyone has same problem with me? What is the solution for this? I removed the back of the phone for nothing? I have to unlock the bootloader and root this device. I would really appreciated if you can help me.
the problem of edl mode: just build a cable with a 10k resistor and use that to go into edl mode. better if the cable is equipped with a 10k resistor exclusion button because the telephone with the resistor connected can ONLY work in edl. so if any software needs to exit edl mode (eg: switch to fastboot) you can exclude the resistance and make the cable work normally.

Loggsie

Jun 30, 2015

USB/fast boot/fast charging and test point not working after downgrade.

I recently downgraded my Mate 20 Pro from EMUI 11.0 aware this would arise. I am now on EMUI 9.0 with USB/fast boot and fast charging working. I can't confirm if this fixed test point as I haven't opened my device yet.

Simple solution was to change the USB-C cable used to perform the downgrade to an alternative one. Everything sprung back to life, I have since reverted back to the original USB-C cable and everything works as expected.

You can find more information on the downgrade procedure I posted here

EnryP

Jun 19, 2021

Hi, just a stupid question. How to exit from hard test point mode? I wanna try it to unlock bootloader on other device, but I'm not sure if after that I can exit from this particular mode. Thank you

Loggsie

Jun 30, 2015

A successful downgrade per the above is required in conjunction with a

Huawei (HarmonyOS) testpoint cable (Huawei USB COM 1.0)​

Otherwise, whilst enabled Test Point mode will not work.

Loggsie

Jun 30, 2015
Hi, just a stupid question. How to exit from hard test point mode? I wanna try it to unlock bootloader on other device, but I'm not sure if after that I can exit from this particular mode. Thank you.
If you used Test Point, the phone will be in Factory Mode only temporarily. If you do a hard reset for example, it will automatically exit the Factory Mode.

EnryP

Jun 19, 2021
If you used Test Point, the phone will be in Factory Mode only temporarily. If you do a hard reset for example, it will automatically exit the Factory Mode.
Thank you for replying me.
So, for exit test mode I have to do an action such as a factory reset with softwares like DC Unlocker, SigmaKey etc.. but,for example, I can't just turn off the phone to leave it or use any button combination. Am I RIght?

Loggsie

Jun 30, 2015
Thank you for replying me.
So, for exit test mode I have to do an action such as a factory reset with softwares like DC Unlocker, SigmaKey etc.. but,for example, I can't just turn off the phone to leave it or use any button combination. Am I RIght?
A hard reset is a simple rebooting of your phone using the hardware buttons i.e. holding power and volume down simultaneously (varies per device). A factory reset isn't needed, this is when you erase data.

EnryP

Jun 19, 2021
A hard reset is a simple rebooting of your phone using the hardware buttons i.e. holding power and volume down simultaneously (varies per device). A factory reset isn't needed, this is when you erase data.
Okay, but let's suppose that I enter hardware test point mode but then I don't do (or I can't do) any action with the softwares mentioned before (let's suppose because PC doesn't recognize the phone) Is there a way to quit this mode? For example, what happen if the phone get turned off? Thank you again.

Edit: My bad, I confused hard reset with factory reset. Therefore to exit test point mode I can perform an hard reset (reboot the phone wth buttons combination)

Last edited:

Loggsie

Jun 30, 2015
Okay, but let's suppose that I enter hardware test point mode but then I don't do (or I can't do) any action with the softwares mentioned before (let's suppose because PC doesn't recognize the phone) Is there a way to quit this mode? For example, what happen if the phone get turned off? Thank you again.

Edit: My bad, I confused hard reset with factory reset. Therefore to exit test point mode I can perform an hard reset (reboot the phone wth buttons combination)
Yes exactly this 'Therefore to exit test point mode I can perform an hard reset (reboot the phone wth buttons combination)'.

Reactions: EnryP

borispavlov

Nov 7, 2017

You can just disconnect the battery, unplug cable and connect battery back

0NHOLD

Jun 9, 2018
It can be solve by modified cable by using 10k resistor between on red and green wire
USB will works on downgraded devices (TEST PONT, Fastboot, MTP, etc.)
277616003_661553658411737_8093655593522540939_n.jpg
277689404_1155337478553152_5911835691863716235_n.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes exactly this 'Therefore to exit test point mode I can perform an hard reset (reboot the phone wth buttons combination)'.