• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Huawei p30 lite root

Search This thread

wojtekml

Mar 24, 2009
Hello everybody.
I have a simple Question about root on this model, is it possible to do?
And if it is possible, tell me how Please.
Best regards
Wojtek

blzbh

Apr 28, 2021
Hello ppl,

I know this might be a little old.. any way just for the knowledge lets bring this thread back.
I had the same concern for a while, and kind of eager to get mine rooted.. until now.
I managed to unlock mine, and root it succesfully. Latest version of magisk, safty net passed, root essentials running like a charm, I can ADB in to it and su yey! :)

How? main issue here is my p30 lite MAR-LX3A was already in emui10, and somehow this little sucker wont allow the unlock of the bootloader regardless. I used a unlock tool that is advised to work for this model using testpoint short. how ever it was not working for me, until I read the EMUI had to be downgraded to 9.1.
Once runnig EMUI9.1 I didnt had to re-run the tool it was already unlocked. weird.

Any how the unlocker tool I used was not the ABD/fastboot tools, it was a paid app in case you are still interested in getting it done I can tell you how. Just keep in mind you will need to Open the back cover of the device.

Think is there is no custom recovery image available that works, neither a custom ROM, so all you have is pretty much root access.
I beleive this to be a pretty decent phone so I dont want just to ditch it, I am working to get a TWRP image, if I a managed to so I will get a ROM done as well. Think the whole device has been off the track for dedicated modders and devs, so it has just not been worked on.

which me luck. I'll keep you posted

aka_max

Jun 17, 2021
I used an unlock bootloader service for 15$. First i had to downgrade my emui from 10 to 9.
I can run magisk without problem. My only problem is that i wan't super su. I was able to flash TWRP Recovery 3.2.1.0 (HiSilicon Kirin 710). But i couldn't use it because the folder are encrypted. So if anyone has any idea how to decrypt this let me know :)

blzbh

Apr 28, 2021
I used an unlock bootloader service for 15$. First i had to downgrade my emui from 10 to 9.
I can run magisk without problem. My only problem is that i wan't super su. I was able to flash TWRP Recovery 3.2.1.0 (HiSilicon Kirin 710). But i couldn't use it because the folder are encrypted. So if anyone has any idea how to decrypt this let me know :)
I'm gonna look for that TWRP img, I didnt find a working one acutally. is there a specific reason why you rather use super su ?
about encryption you usually need to make sure there is no password configured, I read somewhere about a guy that had his Face recognition still configured, and that was the reason he was unable to unencrypt. there are some zips you can flash somwhere around, but never tried them

aka_max

Jun 17, 2021
I'm gonna look for that TWRP img, I didnt find a working one acutally. is there a specific reason why you rather use super su ?
about encryption you usually need to make sure there is no password configured, I read somewhere about a guy that had his Face recognition still configured, and that was the reason he was unable to unencrypt. there are some zips you can flash somwhere around, but never tried them
I deactivated all passwords etc. But it didn't work for me. The only reason i need supersu is because i wan't recover some deleted contacts and mails after factory reset. And those Windows applications with real deep scan not works with magisk.

blzbh

Apr 28, 2021
I deactivated all passwords etc. But it didn't work for me. The only reason i need supersu is because i wan't recover some deleted contacts and mails after factory reset. And those Windows applications with real deep scan not works with magisk.
why dont you try getting an image of the partition with DD, convert it and mount it in the PC directly, I beleive using the scan software directly against the phone is more complicated than just scanning a directly attached block device.

aka_max

Jun 17, 2021
i have read some posts about wipe data.. use stock rom etc... But i am to lazy to test it. Let me know if it will works. Be sure to make a backup before playing around :p

Reactions: blzbh

blzbh

Apr 28, 2021
Hello
Is there any way to decrypt the Huawei P30 Lite?I haven't found anything anywhere.
i have twrp on it but the system is encrypted :-(
there are a few things to try... you can go to wipe menu in TWRP then use the fix/repair option against the system encrypted partition..
-try reparing it
-try changing the partition from ext4 (check first the type usually ext4) to ext2, then change it back to what it was, ext4
last resource:
-wipe all data/factory reset ***** You WILL loose all your personal data if you do this **** just make a backup MANUALLY before doing this.. if you use TWP backup pbby your back will be encrypted too...
I manage to get mine unencrypted with this last step, took a few attempts, but had to reflash Stock so its back to encryption

blzbh

Apr 28, 2021
Maybe we should create our own TWRP version for the p30 lite. There are many tutorials ^^
agreed I have been working on one that truely works, but there are a few blanks about how TWRP really works.. and its boot process. I have learned a little this past week, but still think gonna have to reverse engineer a working img to get some answers.... I was actually thinking on building a orange fox image better not sure what would be easier..
I have lots of work so I do this in my free time, but let me know if you want a help perhaps we can get something and port a nice ROM that's worth the device

nominator64

Dec 9, 2017
there are a few things to try... you can go to wipe menu in TWRP then use the fix/repair option against the system encrypted partition..
-try reparing it
-try changing the partition from ext4 (check first the type usually ext4) to ext2, then change it back to what it was, ext4
last resource:
-wipe all data/factory reset ***** You WILL loose all your personal data if you do this **** just make a backup MANUALLY before doing this.. if you use TWP backup pbby your back will be encrypted too...
I manage to get mine unencrypted with this last step, took a few attempts, but had to reflash Stock so its back to encryption

thank you for the suggestions. unfortunately does not work :-(

k.r.o.o.k

Jan 23, 2016
Please keep us posted, really excited to see a custom rom for this phone, also could you elaborate on the process of unlocking the bootloader? My back cover is already broken so I have to open it up anyways

blzbh

Apr 28, 2021
Please keep us posted, really excited to see a custom rom for this phone, also could you elaborate on the process of unlocking the bootloader? My back cover is already broken so I have to open it up anyways
Sure, ive been busy but will try my best.. about the unlock process I end up paying 19 euros... But try using fastboot unlock first.. may save you the money not sure...

1. Downgrade to emui 9.1 .. just plug the p30 lite to PC, install hsuite... Go for the firmware/software update... A pop up screen will show up with some small letters buttom rigth.. older releases or revert to older firmware something like that.. you will get too choose 9.1 only ... Choose that and apply.. Keep an eye out.. this will delete everything in your phone... Next boot you will be in 9.1.. avoid the automatic upgrade.

2. Turn the phone off, take the back cover and locate the testpoints.. short by using metal wire... The small aluminium wire wraps that come with bread and other bags for easy close are usefull just remove some plastic in each side... connect the usb cable to PC.. leave the phone side unplugged.. Touch test point with the wire while the other side touches a metal cover in the phone.. while doing it plug the phone to the USB cable.. the charging animation should not appear . . . Screen must stay black.. otherwise do it again.. if done right the device manager will detect COM port for your device
Identify the point with this video

3. use either app you want to detect testpoint mode and unlock... I managed to do it with a 3 day unlimited license for HCU client.. that did the trick their website have some tutorials easy to follow.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i have read some posts about wipe data.. use stock rom etc... But i am to lazy to test it. Let me know if it will works. Be sure to make a backup before playing around :p