• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Huawei P30 Pro Updates

Search This thread

MrDpak

Apr 19, 2011
Bangalore
Anyone else is dolby atoms greyed out after update?

Yes, went from the .118 to .136 version today. The tile in the notification tray is greyed out.

In the settings screen it appears disabled and mentions that Dolby Atmos is always on in speaker mode, I connected a bluetooth headset and it is then enabled in the settings screen and allows me to switch it off.

The tile in the notification tray does not update in either case and neither does it let you toggle Dolby Atmos on or off.. seems like a bug to me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190428_201500_com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector.noroot.jpg
    Screenshot_20190428_201500_com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector.noroot.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 576
  • Screenshot_20190428_201717_com.huawei.imedia.dolby.jpg
    Screenshot_20190428_201717_com.huawei.imedia.dolby.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 570
  • Screenshot_20190428_201737_com.huawei.imedia.dolby.jpg
    Screenshot_20190428_201737_com.huawei.imedia.dolby.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 562

jacobtf

Aug 1, 2015
Yes, went from the .118 to .136 version today. The tile in the notification tray is greyed out.

In the settings screen it appears disabled and mentions that Dolby Atmos is always on in speaker mode, I connected a bluetooth headset and it is then enabled in the settings screen and allows me to switch it off.

The tile in the notification tray does not update in either case and neither does it let you toggle Dolby Atmos on or off.. seems like a bug to me.

Dolby Atmos is always on when you have no headphones connected.

MrDpak

Apr 19, 2011
Bangalore
Dolby Atmos is always on when you have no headphones connected.

Yes but the tile in the notification tray is grayed out even when headphones are connected. Tapping it does not toggle it either..

In the previous firmware it was blue and I could toggle it..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190428_215748_com.teslacoilsw.launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_20190428_215748_com.teslacoilsw.launcher.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 382

mazroui

Jul 23, 2010
Abu Dhabi
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Is it just me or did the middle east update version. 140 lose Volte? Even tho the option is enabled in mobile network settings, the white Volte icon doesn't show and when placing a call 4g turns back to 3g.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

rcamies

Apr 7, 2019
Still stuck on 124 with t-mobile Netherlands. Any other Dutch users having newer versions already? Firmware finder lists other firmwares as available, but Ota and Hisuite say I'm on latest!

skit777

Sep 26, 2011
lublin
I put in an old card from the United States yesterday and an update to 140 came immediately after translating my Polish card :) What's the best this card from the USA did not even catch the range :)

TLJester

Jan 10, 2010
I put in an old card from the United States yesterday and an update to 140 came immediately after translating my Polish card :) What's the best this card from the USA did not even catch the range :)

Where are you located?
I'm on a L29 model with a US TMobile card, currently in China.
No update for me :(

mo2005

Jan 29, 2012
malaysia
OPPO Find X2 Pro

trapcoder

Sep 21, 2017
Yes is true but abit expensive ,i still have 4 credit only = still can update 4 time:crying:

If you think the update is critical, then using 1 credit should be fine. Already spent $1k on the phone, so i guess spending another $100 for an unlimited pass is a good deal because it ensures you're always up to date. Not for everyone though as there are many patient people out there but me personally, lack the patience to wait for it to be rolled out in my region.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well that's disappointing.... People in Europe with P30 pro and P40 pro have started receiving the EMUI 12 beta and they have found it is still Android 10 ! There are a couple of Reddit posts about it.
    Many users have expected/are still expecting the EMUI 12 to come with Android 11. However, the Android 11 used by Huawei is AOSP (Android Open Source Project), which does not include GMS, the Android 10 we have now does have GMS. If EMUI 12 came with the AOSP Android 11, the P30 Pro would lose GMS. (Sibce Huawei does not have a license from Google for the Google Mobile Services any more), That would be definitely disappointing for many-many users.​
    So Guys,
    Today i heard about Emui 12 based on Android 11 and the good News is that our lovely P30 pro is also in the Game. It seems that the Update Rollout starts in the first Half of 2022. Yeah !!
    In 2018 I had a Huawei P9. At that time, many people were waiting for the Android 8 to roll out for the P9. However, for some reason, Google did not give the license for the Android 8 to be rolled out with Google Mobile Services to this model. In the end, the Chinese models (which did not have GMS) received Android 8, all the models outside China did not, they remained on Android 7.

As we all know, currently Huawei does not have a license to use GMS on their devices. Therefore, it is quite probable that the P30 Pro might get EMUI 12 but it will still be based on Android 10. We will see.​

Huawei still has a license to use GMS in the models that already had them when they were released, such as the P30 series. Furthermore, there is nothing stopping Huawei from using the AOSP version of Android to any device they want. It's open source and free. The real question here is if they intend to use their valuable manhours to develop and release a proper Android 11 upgrade (with EMUI 12). I still doubt it, but I think Huawei should be right to their customers that bought the P30 series and were "promised" two major upgrades, but only got one (Android 9 to Android 10).
    ...or from EMUI 9 to 10, and from 10 to 11 😉

The EMUI updates cannot be considered as "major" (Android) updates if the Android version is not changing. Now, if you consider yourself lucky to be getting only a skin update, it's ok. Not all of us like this situation, though :)
    I think SilviuO is The Terminator, never offline, always helping, never sleeps, 200 year power-cell :D

:))))) that's life at 37 with 2 kids, my wife and rest of my familly, an IT office & work from home job, allways connected (less when driving but got a big display on my car to see the notifications i get from who's needing me :p) and glad to help everyone @ here by sharing my knowledge when and if i can :D.

Right now i'm at the mountains, recharching my Duracell batteries and watching my kids playing in snow :)

So thanks for appreciation, m8 :cowboy:
    You guys still dont understand that updates are released based on imei batches. Imagine if they would release the update for 10 milion people in the same time , all downloading 4gb in the same time, they would need facebook's servers at least. They are releasing batches for each country/areas in the world to see if there are any issues/reports then they can release it to bigger batches. Its simple: no imei whitelisted by huawei, no update

All those vpn, hicare and other stuff that everyone is trying is pure bullsh*t.
    Silviu, do you care to post a How to guide on using ADB for Huawei phones? It would really help me a lot in order to safely slim down the number of apps and services preinstalled on my phone.

Ok, i'm gonna do a miniguide with how to and the apps i removed ;)
    dload FW v10.0.0.186 mirror link available

Hy guys,

For those of you who want to update to latest firmware available using dload FW method, i updated my thread with v10.0.0.186 for C431, C461, C185 & C605. For links and info, please follow my link to my thread .

Cheers,
    SilviuO

Sent from my LIO-L29 using Tapatalk
    Is it a guide for dummies lol? Simple and easy as dload was? ?

Yes, it's kinda simple and i will post SS at every point, beside written explanation ?.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using XDA Labs