Huawei P30 Pro Updates

Search This thread

bontabela73

Aug 27, 2015
Muhi
11.0.0.147 (C431) with the February 2021 security patches has arrived.

Screenshot_20210422_063025_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg

mihailuican

Mar 15, 2013
Bucharest
I got lucky, after many failed attempts, today, I did again the witchcraft, set a VPN to Singapore - Jurong, and with Huawei assistant got OTA to 147.
One ideea stands, probably because i have a custom version of Vodafone company is the reason why I receive OTAs later than others...
And STILL, in April 25 receiving Febryary 1st security patch is not much of customer care.
Very good phone, very poorly client-oriented company, huawei. Next time I will choose differently.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Reactions: skodann

Pepet125

Apr 25, 2021
Is the native call recorder working with this Emui 11.0..0.147 with VOG-L29?
I am on 11.0.0.138, in Spain, working well with the native call recorder.
Thanks

Last edited:

skodann

• Jan 3, 2009
    Bucharest
    I got lucky, after many failed attempts, today, I did again the witchcraft, set a VPN to Singapore - Jurong, and with Huawei assistant got OTA to 147.
    One ideea stands, probably because i have a custom version of Vodafone company is the reason why I receive OTAs later than others...
    And STILL, in April 25 receiving Febryary 1st security patch is not much of customer care.
    Very good phone, very poorly client-oriented company, huawei. Next time I will choose differently.
    Received also 147 update this morning, via support app, no vpn. Orange Romania branded phone.

bontabela73

Aug 27, 2015
    Muhi
    Is the native call recorder working with this Emui 11.0..0.147 with VOG-L29?
    I am on 11.0.0.138, in Spain, working well with the native call recorder.
    Thanks
    Hello,

Yes, the call recorder is still working. If you had the call recorder installed on EMUI 10.1 and then upgraded to EMUI 11, the 10.1 call recorder should still work. However, if you happened to perform a factory reset after the EMUI 11 upgrade, only the mew EMUI 11 call recorder can be installed. link

domi_niku

Feb 16, 2013
    Hey there,

I've been trying to force update my VOG-L29 bought from HK market and used in the US forever. I'm stuck at 10.0.0.190, VPN and taking out the sim card don't change a thing. Where should I start? I tried to look through this thread but it really is 300+ pages. Just give me a hint 😏

I had the same problems with my previous phone Mate 9. I guess I won't buy a Huawei again anyway.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210508_160752_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
      Screenshot_20210508_160752_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
      216.1 KB · Views: 47

IProfessor

• Aug 13, 2017
    www.firmfinder.ml
    Hey there,

I've been trying to force update my VOG-L29 bought from HK market and used in the US forever. I'm stuck at 10.0.0.190, VPN and taking out the sim card don't change a thing. Where should I start? I tried to look through this thread but it really is 300+ pages. Just give me a hint 😏

I had the same problems with my previous phone Mate 9. I guess I won't buy a Huawei again anyway.

Thanks!

Reactions: domi_niku

mihailuican

Mar 15, 2013
    Bucharest
    Custom, that is the reason for updates delay. One of my work colleagues have a P 30 pro with Telekom sim and he is receiving updates 1 week or two before me.
    Now, here's a 10 point question: WHAT ADVANTAGES/DISADVANTAGES are if one PREVENTS his phone from using a custom version from a phone operator, say Vodafone? Use just generic Huawei firmware without additional custom mods from operator. Just curious.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      No security update since Feb, I'm jumping ship to pixel 6 I reckon later in the year
      Meh... Should I be grateful?! Don't think so... Such an expensive device and the support like a bunch of sh*t. February update in June on a former flagship. Joke. HarmonyOS? C'mon people... Bought this phone to be satisfied for some years but honestly, can't wait to get my new (South Korean) company device with 4 years of Android update...
      No security update since Feb, I'm jumping ship to pixel 6 I reckon later in the year
      I am in the "jumping ship" boat as well. Huawei is dead man walking here in the US so I am looking at the Pixel 6 coming up later this year. In my mind, we didn't give up on H, they gave up on us. Their security update schedule is s***! Love the P30 Pro but it's time to move on.
      But when installing per eRecoverymode it will wipe the device, or ? Its not like an ota and all your data is gone, or ?
      No, it is similar to OTA, only difference is that erecovery downloads full rom, not only the small OTA update.
      Received the .153 update, Portugal unlocked device
      Wonderful, now you have February-old security , too.... Yey...
      I think SilviuO is The Terminator, never offline, always helping, never sleeps, 200 year power-cell :D

:))))) that's life at 37 with 2 kids, my wife and rest of my familly, an IT office & work from home job, allways connected (less when driving but got a big display on my car to see the notifications i get from who's needing me :p) and glad to help everyone @ here by sharing my knowledge when and if i can :D.

Right now i'm at the mountains, recharching my Duracell batteries and watching my kids playing in snow :)

So thanks for appreciation, m8 :cowboy:
      You guys still dont understand that updates are released based on imei batches. Imagine if they would release the update for 10 milion people in the same time , all downloading 4gb in the same time, they would need facebook's servers at least. They are releasing batches for each country/areas in the world to see if there are any issues/reports then they can release it to bigger batches. Its simple: no imei whitelisted by huawei, no update

All those vpn, hicare and other stuff that everyone is trying is pure bullsh*t.
      Silviu, do you care to post a How to guide on using ADB for Huawei phones? It would really help me a lot in order to safely slim down the number of apps and services preinstalled on my phone.

Ok, i'm gonna do a miniguide with how to and the apps i removed ;)
      dload FW v10.0.0.186 mirror link available

Hy guys,

For those of you who want to update to latest firmware available using dload FW method, i updated my thread with v10.0.0.186 for C431, C461, C185 & C605. For links and info, please follow my link to my thread .

Cheers,
      SilviuO

Sent from my LIO-L29 using Tapatalk
      Is it a guide for dummies lol? Simple and easy as dload was? ?

Yes, it's kinda simple and i will post SS at every point, beside written explanation ?.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using XDA Labs