• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Huawei P30 Pro Updates

Search This thread

rath76

Nov 21, 2009
Zajecar
Huawei P30 Pro
As for me, I'm perfectly fine with P30Pro. It's the phone to keep. Not sure how important those security updates are, but for me it doesn't mean a lot. My phone is working just fine, battery life is great, photos are also great. My wife is currently using my old Mate 10pro, and I must say, it's still working perfectly. Baterry is as stable as the first day. If this one stays as stable as the mate 10pro, I'll be happy. So, for me, it's the phone I'll keep as long as it works.

sheenswizner

Feb 3, 2011
New Delhi
Huawei P30
I just received Harmony OS 2.0 on my huawei p30(ELE-AL00) device.
GMS working properly without and hitch.
Screenshot_20210722_171919_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg

Reactions: Jaysmith696

sheenswizner

Feb 3, 2011
New Delhi
Huawei P30
How is Harmony OS? Any improvement ? Which country? Overall I really satisfied with Huawei but updates is not fast but that is not problem for me
I got this update in India Today via support app. I bought this product from china two years back.
Huawei removed android logo and version from everywhere.
New Notification panel is very impressive.
Animations are more buttery smooth than EMUI11.
GMS are working fine without any issues.
No camera UI improvements.
New widgets added and resize the icon's folder now.
AOD ANIMATIONS FINALLY WORKING.
App switching is little faster than before.
Support app is now My Huawei app.

Now I can hold this device for 1 more year.

x2srj

Jun 29, 2010
As for me, I'm perfectly fine with P30Pro. It's the phone to keep. Not sure how important those security updates are, but for me it doesn't mean a lot. My phone is working just fine, battery life is great, photos are also great. My wife is currently using my old Mate 10pro, and I must say, it's still working perfectly. Baterry is as stable as the first day. If this one stays as stable as the mate 10pro, I'll be happy. So, for me, it's the phone I'll keep as long as it works.
Security updates are important and stop the risk of your devices being comprised by malicious software that could easily just be from a website you visit

mihailuican

Mar 15, 2013
Bucharest
Ok, I had the impresion that I totally lost this thread.
1 - So GMAIL is working on Harmony...
2 - Second, how are you guyz talking about Android 11? We never got Android 11 on P30Pro. It was Build 11 of EMUI... anyways
I thought I understood that US is banning Huawei and will forbid Android to them, so China developed HarmonyOS, BUT the google applications and others ARE NOT working on Harmony OS anymore... Is this all bullshit?
Last question - 3 - Can one revert to EMUI11 from HarmonyOS if anything is wrong with it?

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
Ok, I had the impresion that I totally lost this thread.
1 - So GMAIL is working on Harmony...
2 - Second, how are you guyz talking about Android 11? We never got Android 11 on P30Pro. It was Build 11 of EMUI... anyways
I thought I understood that US is banning Huawei and will forbid Android to them, so China developed HarmonyOS, BUT the google applications and others ARE NOT working on Harmony OS anymore... Is this all bullshit?
Last question - 3 - Can one revert to EMUI11 from HarmonyOS if anything is wrong with it?
You cannot install Google mobile services on harmony os, but you can use existing google mobile services, because even with the ban Huawei does not essentially have to intergrate malicious code disabling any existing Google services/ make them crash, just need to block installation.

mihailuican

Mar 15, 2013
Bucharest
You cannot install Google mobile services on harmony os, but you can use existing google mobile services, because even with the ban Huawei does not essentially have to intergrate malicious code disabling any existing Google services/ make them crash, just need to block installation.
Excuse me for not completely following, are you saying that because it is an UPGRADE, it maintains existing apps and services from Android 10, google included, not killing them?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    .172 update for Brazil
    Screenshot_20210914_122854_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    In Costa Rica still March 2021 (11.0.0.149(c605E3R1P3))
    I think SilviuO is The Terminator, never offline, always helping, never sleeps, 200 year power-cell :D

:))))) that's life at 37 with 2 kids, my wife and rest of my familly, an IT office & work from home job, allways connected (less when driving but got a big display on my car to see the notifications i get from who's needing me :p) and glad to help everyone @ here by sharing my knowledge when and if i can :D.

Right now i'm at the mountains, recharching my Duracell batteries and watching my kids playing in snow :)

So thanks for appreciation, m8 :cowboy:
    You guys still dont understand that updates are released based on imei batches. Imagine if they would release the update for 10 milion people in the same time , all downloading 4gb in the same time, they would need facebook's servers at least. They are releasing batches for each country/areas in the world to see if there are any issues/reports then they can release it to bigger batches. Its simple: no imei whitelisted by huawei, no update

All those vpn, hicare and other stuff that everyone is trying is pure bullsh*t.
    Silviu, do you care to post a How to guide on using ADB for Huawei phones? It would really help me a lot in order to safely slim down the number of apps and services preinstalled on my phone.

Ok, i'm gonna do a miniguide with how to and the apps i removed ;)
    dload FW v10.0.0.186 mirror link available

Hy guys,

For those of you who want to update to latest firmware available using dload FW method, i updated my thread with v10.0.0.186 for C431, C461, C185 & C605. For links and info, please follow my link to my thread .

Cheers,
    SilviuO

Sent from my LIO-L29 using Tapatalk
    Is it a guide for dummies lol? Simple and easy as dload was? ?

Yes, it's kinda simple and i will post SS at every point, beside written explanation ?.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using XDA Labs