• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Huawei P30 Pro Updates

Search This thread

LostEchoes

Dec 15, 2006
Well that's disappointing.... People in Europe with P30 pro and P40 pro have started receiving the EMUI 12 beta and they have found it is still Android 10 ! There are a couple of Reddit posts about it.

Reactions: andrei80

bontabela73

Aug 27, 2015
Well that's disappointing.... People in Europe with P30 pro and P40 pro have started receiving the EMUI 12 beta and they have found it is still Android 10 ! There are a couple of Reddit posts about it.
Many users have expected/are still expecting the EMUI 12 to come with Android 11. However, the Android 11 used by Huawei is AOSP (Android Open Source Project), which does not include GMS, the Android 10 we have now does have GMS. If EMUI 12 came with the AOSP Android 11, the P30 Pro would lose GMS. (Sibce Huawei does not have a license from Google for the Google Mobile Services any more), That would be definitely disappointing for many-many users.​

LostEchoes

Dec 15, 2006
Many users have expected/are still expecting the EMUI 12 to come with Android 11. However, the Android 11 used by Huawei is AOSP (Android Open Source Project), which does not include GMS, the Android 10 we have now does have GMS. If EMUI 12 came with the AOSP Android 11, the P30 Pro would lose GMS. (Sibce Huawei does not have a license from Google for the Google Mobile Services any more), That would be definitely disappointing for many-many users.​
Oh I see. That's interesting. I didn't know that AOSP Android 11 cannot be released and work with the already licensed GMS services that P30 series have. I mean, I know people who got HarmonyOS on their Chinese P30 models that had Android 10 based - EMUI 11, and they say that GMS are still working fine. So, I find it strange that with the upgrade to AOSP Android 11 the GMS would stop working.

EDIT: I guess if it's true that HarmonyOS is based in Android 10, then it kind of makes sense that GMS still work with that OS, on the phones that had them officially when they were released.

Thanks for the info !

Last edited:

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
Maybe the EMUI 12 does not contain a script that removes GMS, so you can use the existing one. However this takes no guarantee, so it needs some experiment done by someone else to prove it.

But, no one knows, maybe they will do something unexpected, like putting microG on it, who knows?

khalid0099

Sep 13, 2012
Dubai
Huawei P30 Pro
Join project p30pro Emui 12

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211205_200504_com.huawei.betaclub.jpg
    Screenshot_20211205_200504_com.huawei.betaclub.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 236
Reactions: enes19

bontabela73

Aug 27, 2015
Hello,

Unfortunately, the beta testing projects are open in a few select countries in each region. I don't remember exactly now but once I read about the list of European countries which usually participate in the beta projects (Huawei Central). As far as I can remmeber, Germany and Portugal are on the list. Maybe you should try either of these countries.​

ahmed.shehata

Dec 15, 2016
i I have registered for the beta program for the new version of emui12, when will the update come to the phone, knowing that I live in Egypt

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just received 11.0.0.184 update today. System improvements in certain scenarios...
    No need beta app direct download from my Huawei support
    Can you please share this direct link?
    Some screen shots emui 12
    New folder enlarge options let you access apps faster. Feeling more easy open apps without opening the folder
    Screenshot_20211222_030914_com.huawei.controlcenter.jpg
    Screenshot_20211222_030907_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20211222_030836_com.huawei.parentcontrol.jpg
    Screenshot_20211222_025921_com.android.settings.jpg
    I think SilviuO is The Terminator, never offline, always helping, never sleeps, 200 year power-cell :D

:))))) that's life at 37 with 2 kids, my wife and rest of my familly, an IT office & work from home job, allways connected (less when driving but got a big display on my car to see the notifications i get from who's needing me :p) and glad to help everyone @ here by sharing my knowledge when and if i can :D.

Right now i'm at the mountains, recharching my Duracell batteries and watching my kids playing in snow :)

So thanks for appreciation, m8 :cowboy:
    You guys still dont understand that updates are released based on imei batches. Imagine if they would release the update for 10 milion people in the same time , all downloading 4gb in the same time, they would need facebook's servers at least. They are releasing batches for each country/areas in the world to see if there are any issues/reports then they can release it to bigger batches. Its simple: no imei whitelisted by huawei, no update

All those vpn, hicare and other stuff that everyone is trying is pure bullsh*t.
    Silviu, do you care to post a How to guide on using ADB for Huawei phones? It would really help me a lot in order to safely slim down the number of apps and services preinstalled on my phone.

Ok, i'm gonna do a miniguide with how to and the apps i removed ;)
    dload FW v10.0.0.186 mirror link available

Hy guys,

For those of you who want to update to latest firmware available using dload FW method, i updated my thread with v10.0.0.186 for C431, C461, C185 & C605. For links and info, please follow my link to my thread .

Cheers,
    SilviuO

Sent from my LIO-L29 using Tapatalk
    Is it a guide for dummies lol? Simple and easy as dload was? ?

Yes, it's kinda simple and i will post SS at every point, beside written explanation ?.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using XDA Labs