Huawei P30 Pro Updates

Search This thread

Supreme_One

Apr 21, 2013
I tried to clear data etc. and restarted the phone, but it does not make a difference.
I contacted Huawei support and they say the rollout is almost finished and that I should get the update within the next week, after that I should contact them again if I did not receive it
Same it's already the 4th time I've contacted them. Everytime they respond with don't worry you will receive it. I will never ever again buy a Huawei. Is there any Android brand that actually gives nice support like Apple except Samsung and Google Pixel ofcourse?

Last edited:
Reactions: mihailuican

bontabela73

Aug 27, 2015
How's the battery drain for everyone?
Hello,

I received the EMUI 12 update at the end of this March. After the update, the battery of my P30 Pro seemed to drain faster than earlier but after about a week and a half it was back to normal. Since then, the phone has received the May 2022 security update as well and everything is OK. I would say that the battery life is pretty good for a phone that I have been using since August 2020. I do not want to buy a new phone just yet.​

Reactions: Supreme_One

Supreme_One

Apr 21, 2013
Hello,

I received the EMUI 12 update at the end of this March. After the update, the battery of my P30 Pro seemed to drain faster than earlier but after about a week and a half it was back to normal. Since then, the phone has received the May 2022 security update as well and everything is OK. I would say that the battery life is pretty good for a phone that I have been using since August 2020. I do not want to buy a new phone just yet.​
I did the update yesterday. I can say I've experienced a slightly higher drain but it's still great for 3+ year old phone. My only problem is the main camera it's not focusing anymore

Last edited:

Abdo2

Aug 4, 2016
Well I'm in the middle east and still haven't received EMUI 12. My last update was June 21. (11.0.0.159 c185)

bontabela73

Aug 27, 2015
Well I'm in the middle east and still haven't received EMUI 12. My last update was June 21. (11.0.0.159 c185)
Hello,

Have you checked for updates in the My Huawei app yet? Most users received the EMUI 12 update via this app. The usual Settings > System and updates > System update did not show anything.​

Abdo2

Aug 4, 2016
Hello,

Have you checked for updates in the My Huawei app yet? Most users received the EMUI 12 update via this app. The usual Settings > System and updates > System update did not show anything.​
Yes every day i check but nothing new even i checked using my computer, but same thing no software update ☹️

mart3

Jun 8, 2010
Huawei Mate 30 Pro
Yes every day i check but nothing new even i checked using my computer, but same thing no software update ☹️

Anyways if doesn't gonne give you a life changing experience. 🤷🏼‍♂️😉
Personally I prefer emui 11 it just feels a bit faster. For example with typing. It's not so smoothly anymore.

And now sometimes thinking about a newer phone and before the update absolutely not.

bontabela73

Aug 27, 2015
What are the chances that we will get a Android 11 or 12 update?
None. The Huawei P30 Pro was certified by Google to receive Android 9 and 10 with Google Mobile Services (GMS). Android 11 came out after the US trade ban, so any certification for further Android updates with GMS from Google became impossible. If Huawei decided to release Android 11 or later for this device, that could be only AOSP (Android Open Source Project) without GMS. Such a step would cause more legal trouble for Huawei. Thus, no wonder EMUI 11 and 12 are still based on Android 10.

I am very satisfied with this device and I am going to keep using it for some more time.​

ifek

Dec 15, 2010
Zagreb
Just got 12.0.0.132 OTA, around 4.5 Gigs, Croatia
Right after that I got another OTA, 12.0.0.134 slightly over 200 MB.

Last edited:

TheYester

Apr 27, 2020
Groningen
In the Netherlands retrieved through my huawei update 12.0.0.139 with August security patch

Attachments

• IMG_20220830_182337.jpg
    IMG_20220830_182337.jpg
    986.3 KB · Views: 27

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The 12.0..0.139 update has just popped up in the My Huawei app (My Huawei > Support tab > Quick Service Solutions > Update).​

Screenshot_20220830_220947_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    For those who updated to 12.0.0.139, does the native call recorder (installed using this hack) still work? This is my greatest fear with these updates...

Yes, it works perfectly.
    I think SilviuO is The Terminator, never offline, always helping, never sleeps, 200 year power-cell :D

:))))) that's life at 37 with 2 kids, my wife and rest of my familly, an IT office & work from home job, allways connected (less when driving but got a big display on my car to see the notifications i get from who's needing me :p) and glad to help everyone @ here by sharing my knowledge when and if i can :D.

Right now i'm at the mountains, recharching my Duracell batteries and watching my kids playing in snow :)

So thanks for appreciation, m8 :cowboy:
    You guys still dont understand that updates are released based on imei batches. Imagine if they would release the update for 10 milion people in the same time , all downloading 4gb in the same time, they would need facebook's servers at least. They are releasing batches for each country/areas in the world to see if there are any issues/reports then they can release it to bigger batches. Its simple: no imei whitelisted by huawei, no update

All those vpn, hicare and other stuff that everyone is trying is pure bullsh*t.
    Silviu, do you care to post a How to guide on using ADB for Huawei phones? It would really help me a lot in order to safely slim down the number of apps and services preinstalled on my phone.

Ok, i'm gonna do a miniguide with how to and the apps i removed ;)
    dload FW v10.0.0.186 mirror link available

Hy guys,

For those of you who want to update to latest firmware available using dload FW method, i updated my thread with v10.0.0.186 for C431, C461, C185 & C605. For links and info, please follow my link to my thread .

Cheers,
    SilviuO

Sent from my LIO-L29 using Tapatalk
    Is it a guide for dummies lol? Simple and easy as dload was? ?

Yes, it's kinda simple and i will post SS at every point, beside written explanation ?.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using XDA Labs