Huawei P30 Pro Updates

Search This thread

spewak

Jan 3, 2013
No security update since Feb, I'm jumping ship to pixel 6 I reckon later in the year
I am in the "jumping ship" boat as well. Huawei is dead man walking here in the US so I am looking at the Pixel 6 coming up later this year. In my mind, we didn't give up on H, they gave up on us. Their security update schedule is s***! Love the P30 Pro but it's time to move on.

rutarvipp

Aug 19, 2018
I am in the "jumping ship" boat as well. Huawei is dead man walking here in the US so I am looking at the Pixel 6 coming up later this year. In my mind, we didn't give up on H, they gave up on us. Their security update schedule is s***! Love the P30 Pro but it's time to move on.
Great choice, i would buy Pixel long time ago but we don't get it in our country.
Or if it is it's usually older model and very high price :\
Maybe amazon order we will se :D

finbaar

Apr 1, 2011
What a lot of hate coming out for Huawei! They have never been quick to update and in fact have been better in recent years. Personally I am still happy with the P30 Pro NE and will continue to use it alongside my Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G until Harmony OS is available - which I am as giddy as a kipper about BTW.
Don't expect any Huawei device to be updated like a Pixel or have the same software experience. Huawei is the complete opposite of that.

bontabela73

Aug 27, 2015
Received an update today afternoon.

Screenshot_20210629_172646_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg

bontabela73

Aug 27, 2015
Ok, do we have any chance for android 11?
Hardly any. After EMUI 11, which is based on Android 10, Huawei started to develop and focus on their own HarmonyOS. Currently, an early phase of HarmonyOS beta testing is starting for the P30 Pro, BUT ONLY IN CHINA. No news so far about the HarmonyOS for the P30 Pro outside China.

In China, Huawei do not need to bother with Google licences (since the Chinese devices do not have the Google apps pre-installed).

Furthermore, the P30 Pro is now more than 2 years old and its update cycle is very probably nearing to its end.

So, I would not count on any new major updates for the P30 Pro.​

Reactions: KantmiS and enes19

mihailuican

Mar 15, 2013
Bucharest
Ok, do we have any chance for android 11?
Actually, I believe things are a little bit even more clear.
HUAWEI is a China corporation under permanent BAN from US cooperation. No GOOGLE collaboration and licenses, anyways, so no more new Android. Zero. Absolutely nothing. So only chance of new firmware will be HarmonyOS, BUT this could come with shortcomings, that is ZERO application compatibility with any of the American ones, Gmail, etc... Only chinese apps and appstore. So what we have now on P30PRO is last.

Reactions: jamesta

x2srj

Jun 29, 2010
Wife has just received May security patch on her single SIM Mate 20 Pro... I'm on P30 Pro, still on March.

rath76

As for me, I'm perfectly fine with P30Pro. It's the phone to keep. Not sure how important those security updates are, but for me it doesn't mean a lot. My phone is working just fine, battery life is great, photos are also great. My wife is currently using my old Mate 10pro, and I must say, it's still working perfectly. Baterry is as stable as the first day. If this one stays as stable as the mate 10pro, I'll be happy. So, for me, it's the phone I'll keep as long as it works.

sheenswizner

Feb 3, 2011
New Delhi
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
How is Harmony OS? Any improvement ? Which country? Overall I really satisfied with Huawei but updates is not fast but that is not problem for me
I got this update in India Today via support app. I bought this product from china two years back.
Huawei removed android logo and version from everywhere.
New Notification panel is very impressive.
Animations are more buttery smooth than EMUI11.
GMS are working fine without any issues.
No camera UI improvements.
New widgets added and resize the icon's folder now.
AOD ANIMATIONS FINALLY WORKING.
App switching is little faster than before.
Support app is now My Huawei app.

Now I can hold this device for 1 more year.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think SilviuO is The Terminator, never offline, always helping, never sleeps, 200 year power-cell :D

:))))) that's life at 37 with 2 kids, my wife and rest of my familly, an IT office & work from home job, allways connected (less when driving but got a big display on my car to see the notifications i get from who's needing me :p) and glad to help everyone @ here by sharing my knowledge when and if i can :D.

Right now i'm at the mountains, recharching my Duracell batteries and watching my kids playing in snow :)

So thanks for appreciation, m8 :cowboy:
    You guys still dont understand that updates are released based on imei batches. Imagine if they would release the update for 10 milion people in the same time , all downloading 4gb in the same time, they would need facebook's servers at least. They are releasing batches for each country/areas in the world to see if there are any issues/reports then they can release it to bigger batches. Its simple: no imei whitelisted by huawei, no update

All those vpn, hicare and other stuff that everyone is trying is pure bullsh*t.
    Silviu, do you care to post a How to guide on using ADB for Huawei phones? It would really help me a lot in order to safely slim down the number of apps and services preinstalled on my phone.

Ok, i'm gonna do a miniguide with how to and the apps i removed ;)
    dload FW v10.0.0.186 mirror link available

Hy guys,

For those of you who want to update to latest firmware available using dload FW method, i updated my thread with v10.0.0.186 for C431, C461, C185 & C605. For links and info, please follow my link to my thread .

Cheers,
    SilviuO

Sent from my LIO-L29 using Tapatalk
    Is it a guide for dummies lol? Simple and easy as dload was? ?

Yes, it's kinda simple and i will post SS at every point, beside written explanation ?.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using XDA Labs