Huawei P30 Pro Updates

Search This thread

borispavlov

Nov 7, 2017
Have you checked the link I put, IT IS ERECOVERY. They say it is full wipe. Any ways, it did not work, it offered me 153 again, no update.

Later Edit: Same magic that does the job. VPN to Singapore, and Support app (My Huawei), and I too have June 1st security patch on august 15.
Note 1 - any other attempt, Romanian servers or European - no update, my 153 firmware was declared newest. All servers in Asia, India Mumbai, Singapore, etc, update to 159. Peculiar, isn't it?
Note 2 - For some reason on the laptop HiSuite disconnects while downloading. Could not do it at all on laptop with Windows.
Directly, over wifi only.
Was the vpn installed on the phone or on Hotspot? could you also tell me which VPN you used?

Screenshot_20210930_191023.jpg

onccaldas

Oct 26, 2021
Hi, I'm using a translator, I don't know English. excuse me. I have a huawei p30 pro vog-l04, carrier cus C25, can I change it to c605 or VOG-L29 to receive updates please?

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-26 at 2.31.06 PM.jpeg

Last edited:

bontabela73

Aug 27, 2015
Hi, I'm using a translator, I don't know English. excuse me. I have a huawei p30 pro vog-l04, carrier cus C25, can I change it to c605 or VOG-L29 to receive updates please?View attachment 5442223
That would be very complicated. The L04 is the single-SIM version and the L29 is the dual-SIM model. To change the region cust would require unlocking the bootloader (officially not possible), changing the oeminfo file and installing the new ROM.

tamaskurti

Jun 8, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
That would be very complicated. The L04 is the single-SIM version and the L29 is the dual-SIM model. To change the region cust would require unlocking the bootloader (officially not possible), changing the oeminfo file and installing the new ROM.
If you flash the factory firmware, factory cust and factory preloader, is still possible to change cust without unloacked bootloader. However, it is not worth the effort, because If you want to change back, then you need again to downgrade to minimal factory version from main android version... And AFTHER that you can try to flash back the original factory firmware, cust and preloader... But it would be possible errors at flashing stage...

bontabela73

Aug 27, 2015
In 2018 I had a Huawei P9. At that time, many people were waiting for the Android 8 to roll out for the P9. However, for some reason, Google did not give the license for the Android 8 to be rolled out with Google Mobile Services to this model. In the end, the Chinese models (which did not have GMS) received Android 8, all the models outside China did not, they remained on Android 7.

As we all know, currently Huawei does not have a license to use GMS on their devices. Therefore, it is quite probable that the P30 Pro might get EMUI 12 but it will still be based on Android 10. We will see.​

LostEchoes

Dec 15, 2006
In 2018 I had a Huawei P9. At that time, many people were waiting for the Android 8 to roll out for the P9. However, for some reason, Google did not give the license for the Android 8 to be rolled out with Google Mobile Services to this model. In the end, the Chinese models (which did not have GMS) received Android 8, all the models outside China did not, they remained on Android 7.

As we all know, currently Huawei does not have a license to use GMS on their devices. Therefore, it is quite probable that the P30 Pro might get EMUI 12 but it will still be based on Android 10. We will see.​

Huawei still has a license to use GMS in the models that already had them when they were released, such as the P30 series. Furthermore, there is nothing stopping Huawei from using the AOSP version of Android to any device they want. It's open source and free. The real question here is if they intend to use their valuable manhours to develop and release a proper Android 11 upgrade (with EMUI 12). I still doubt it, but I think Huawei should be right to their customers that bought the P30 series and were "promised" two major upgrades, but only got one (Android 9 to Android 10).

Coolibop

Nov 6, 2021
Huawei P30 Pro
Upgraded via proxy tools to 180 on my L29 but my nfc toggle switch automatically shuts off after enabling. Looks like it's broke, anyone else experience this issue? Otherwise the update was great for battery life and Bluetooth connectivity (from emui 10.0).

LostEchoes

Dec 15, 2006

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think SilviuO is The Terminator, never offline, always helping, never sleeps, 200 year power-cell :D

:))))) that's life at 37 with 2 kids, my wife and rest of my familly, an IT office & work from home job, allways connected (less when driving but got a big display on my car to see the notifications i get from who's needing me :p) and glad to help everyone @ here by sharing my knowledge when and if i can :D.

Right now i'm at the mountains, recharching my Duracell batteries and watching my kids playing in snow :)

So thanks for appreciation, m8 :cowboy:
    You guys still dont understand that updates are released based on imei batches. Imagine if they would release the update for 10 milion people in the same time , all downloading 4gb in the same time, they would need facebook's servers at least. They are releasing batches for each country/areas in the world to see if there are any issues/reports then they can release it to bigger batches. Its simple: no imei whitelisted by huawei, no update

All those vpn, hicare and other stuff that everyone is trying is pure bullsh*t.
    Silviu, do you care to post a How to guide on using ADB for Huawei phones? It would really help me a lot in order to safely slim down the number of apps and services preinstalled on my phone.

Ok, i'm gonna do a miniguide with how to and the apps i removed ;)
    dload FW v10.0.0.186 mirror link available

Hy guys,

For those of you who want to update to latest firmware available using dload FW method, i updated my thread with v10.0.0.186 for C431, C461, C185 & C605. For links and info, please follow my link to my thread .

Cheers,
    SilviuO

Sent from my LIO-L29 using Tapatalk
    Is it a guide for dummies lol? Simple and easy as dload was? ?

Yes, it's kinda simple and i will post SS at every point, beside written explanation ?.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using XDA Labs