Huawei P40 easy firmware downgrade guide / fixes LZ play chinese app install problems

Search This thread

haadii

Feb 23, 2017
So I've seen a few people here complaining they can't install google stuff on their phone because they've upgrade it to the latest EMUI version.
Here's an easy way to downgrade to a previous firmware. This works on the P40 version, but it should work on any P40 variant.

1. Download the firmware of your choice from the web. For the P40 european here's a link (it worked on my ANA-NX9 phone:
https://androidhost.ru/XyS

2. Put the ''dload'' folder found in the zip at the root of a usb stick

3. Attach the usb stick to you phone. I take it anyone knows how to do it. Shutdown your phone. Then press and hold volume up and power button until you get to the recovery menu

4. Select Update mode, then select Memory card/OTG update mode

5. The phone will verify and install the firmware

At this point you'll be able to re-install all the google stuff, no more errors when trying to install the Chinese app. Needless to say, disable automatic firmware updates.
Bro the link is working fine but on download page a annoying ad fill the whole page and I can't download the firmware 😞😞😞

DerSammler

Sep 19, 2011
Has anything changed with the program?
I can not downgrade my Huawei P40 from Android 11 to 10.
The update is downloaded but the phone is not downgraded.
Have tried it with different Android 10 and 11 versions. But it always comes the same error.

Gzubik

Dec 24, 2012
Huawei P40
I think after update firmware to *196 Huawei block posibility to downgrade to emui 10. I have NX9, downloaded a soft from #1, copy to my SD card and when try to install from recovery i have information 'wrong firmware, try install another e.g.' Any fix for that?

neptun11651

Apr 26, 2015
Myślę, że po aktualizacji oprogramowania do *196 Huawei blokuje możliwość przejścia na emui 10. Mam NX9, pobrałem soft z nr 1, skopiuj na kartę SD i podczas próby zainstalowania z odzyskiwania mam informację „niewłaściwe oprogramowanie, spróbuj zainstalować inne np. Jakaś poprawka?
Ja też mam NX9 z końcówką oprogramowania 196 i też nie mogę obniżyć do emui 10
I also have an NX9 with a software tip of 196 and I can't downgrade to emui 10

kaitenken

Sep 22, 2021
Hi. I have bought a second hand p40 pro. It comes with chinese apps. The imei and SN at the box matches with the smartphone´s, BUT not the model. Box model is EU and smartphone model is CHINESE version... Is it posible? What can I do? I´m scared about trying to change the firmware using OTG option with Dload and softbrick my phone... Any ideas?

JessicaZZs

May 25, 2022
But I got an "incompatibility with current version" error when selected to update with USB. Any idea what went wrong and how to get it done properly? Thanks!

valvaher

May 17, 2015
Good evening, I managed to downgrade from Emui 12 to 10 and I installed Google services working correctly, the problem is that I cannot update since the PC does not recognize the usb, the phone tells me that no update is available and through Erecovery it tells me that the package is incompatible, in addition to the fact that the phone does not work with usb and it takes too long to load, is there any solution to solve the update?

vekii

Mar 31, 2021
Huawei P30 Pro
Huawei P40 Pro+
I recently tried downgrading the firmware on my p40 pro + with the firmware link provided with the official guide for the lzplay installation, i put the files on the usb and follow the instructions clearly etc. and since its running emui12 i tried update via memory card and it just says that update is invalid/incorrect, however if i select update over usb it starts updating and after about 5 min it just boots back to system like nothing happened
what could be the issue to this (usb isn't disconnecting randomly, connection is solid and all files in place they should be in)
maybe emui 12 is the issue?

Top Liked Posts