• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Huawei P40 Pro eRecovery offer EMUI 11

Search This thread

samlis

May 18, 2013
My previous build was ELS-N29 10.1.0.176(C432E8R6P1) and no EMUI 11 for me through regular channels (Settings/System & updates and Support App), so i decided test update through eRecovery and voilá, now I have EMUI 11 build 11.0.0.151(C432E3R6P4)

I followed these steps:
1. Boot into Recovery, USB cable connected to the device and to the PC/Charger, with device switched off press VOL+ and Power ON, maintain both pressed till you see the Recovery, then select "Update mode".
2. Select "eRecovery mode".
3. Select "Update and recover system"
4. Select "Download update and recover"
5. "Enabling Wi-Fi..."
6. "Connecting to Wi-Fi network..." select yours, add password and select "Connect"
7. If the "Downloading Package..." is EMUI 11, wait till the all process ends, in case is not, then you can cancel and restart the device.
Enjoy!!

Notes:
- Takes a little bit longer "verifying package..."
- During update you'll see "Recovering system", Do not remove the battery or storage device. !!!
- Data partition won't be wiped.
- If your are not happy with EMUI 11, because you still with Android 10, not 11 as I have expected, HiSuite_11.0.0.500_OVE offer a rollback to EMUI 10.1.0, in my case for ELS-N29 10.1.0.176(C432E8R6P1), BUT this time the data partition will be wiped.

* ATTENTION: YOU are choosing to install this firmware at your own risk.
* I do not take responsibility for any problems with your device.

Last edited:

samlis

May 18, 2013
My previous build was ELS-N29 10.1.0.176(C432E8R6P1) and no EMUI 11 for me through regular channels (Settings/System & updates and Support App), so i decided test update through eRecovery and voilá, now I have EMUI 11 build 11.0.0.151(C432E3R6P4)

I followed these steps:
1. Boot into Recovery, USB cable connected to the device and to the PC/Charger, with device switched off press VOL+ and Power ON, maintain both pressed till you see the Recovery, then select "Update mode".
5. "Enabling Wi-Fi..."
6. "Connecting to Wi-Fi network..." select yours, add password and select "Connect"
7. If the "Downloading Package..." is EMUI 11, wait till the all process ends, in case is not, then you can cancel and restart the device.
Enjoy!!

Notes:
- During update you'll see "Recovering system", Do not remove the battery or storage device. !!!
- If your are not happy with EMUI 11, because you still with Android 10, not 11 as I have expected, HiSuite_11.0.0.500_OVE offer a rollback to EMUI 10.1.0, in my case for ELS-N29 10.1.0.176(C432E8R6P1), BUT this time the data partition will be wiped.

Hi, Mr kilroystyx can you help me please? I have the same firmware as you , I accidentally deleted multi window (multitasking) apps .
it's very simple to do it. go to setting then apps, there are 3 points Above, press on it and click show system process, look for an application called multi-window or multitasking ( the one I uninstalled ) make a backup for this app and post it here or send it for me .
The application looks like the one of the system, see the example in the picture please .
You are the only one who can help me. Thank you in advance .

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 45

samlis

May 18, 2013

Hi Mr Shymmy, you sent me the app called (Multi-Window HackBar.apk) last time but it didn't work for me, that's not what I'm looking for! the one I'm looking for looks like a system application it is green, when I install it it does not appear on the launcher with other applications like youtube and the other she is hidden look at the example. Thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 14

Shymmy

Feb 22, 2014
Bucharest
Huawei P9
Huawei P10 Lite
Those are all apps from settings-apps-apps-multi (with "show sistem services").
All shared apps are extracted directly with APKExtractor. With that apk (multi-windows) installed you should be able to use multi-windows gestures.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210105_145550_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210105_145550_com.android.settings.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

2happy2beu

Dec 24, 2010
Split
I'm getting "Get package info failed" screen like said before. No sim card inserted. I'm on downgraded 10.1.0.134 (C432).
Seems like we're getting error because of firmware different region was flashed while downgrading?
How can I know the right one?

samlis

May 18, 2013
Those are all apps from settings-apps-apps-multi (with "show sistem services").
All shared apps are extracted directly with APKExtractor. With that apk (multi-windows) installed you should be able to use multi-windows gestures.
I have to format and downgrade for install Google services or there is another way

Shymmy

Feb 22, 2014
Bucharest
Huawei P9
Huawei P10 Lite
Read and memorize exactly (or write down) every step of the method (probably Googlefier, because I don't know to be another method to work at the moment).
No format required, just downgrade, as I know ...
Haven't you had Google yet ??
Btw, via settings-apps-apps-show system services, you can't back up applications.

Last edited:

kilroystyx

Nov 1, 2011
Braga
I have to format and downgrade for install Google services or there is another way
My opinion you don't need downgrade, it will wiped your data partition, to avoid that, you should upgrade, Google services won't be affected.

In meantime you can play with apk's that you requested and others suggested by Shymmy.

Attachments

• samlis.zip
    13.8 MB · Views: 25
  • Shymmy.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 18

2happy2beu

Dec 24, 2010
Split
I dont know, I didnt pay attention. But I think C432 is ok for my region (Croatia).
I've made an update from 10.1.0.134 to 10.1.0.183 through HiSuite and it worked flawlessly, but 11.0.x.x. is unreachable (I've tried every single method on internet but I keep getting error)

Dec 28, 2020
I dont know, I didnt pay attention. But I think C432 is ok for my region (Croatia).
I've made an update from 10.1.0.134 to 10.1.0.183 through HiSuite and it worked flawlessly, but 11.0.x.x. is unreachable (I've tried every single method on internet but I keep getting error)
have you tried cust and preload files? that is the only way it worked for me

2happy2beu

Dec 24, 2010
Split
I couldnt find cust and preload files for 11.0.x.x version, only for 10.1.0.x (C432).
But there is 11.0.x.x cust and preload files for C301, C635, C605, C185

samlis

May 18, 2013
My opinion you don't need downgrade, it will wiped your data partition, to avoid that, you should upgrade, Google services won't be affected.

In meantime you can play with apk's that you requested and others suggested by Shymmy.
Thank you, but I did everything again, downgrade then I installed the google service and update

Roben.k

Jan 12, 2021

I followed these steps:
5. "Enabling Wi-Fi..."
Enjoy!!

Notes:

[/QUOTE

My phone died after woreng update
Any solutions plz

Attachments

• 16104652022507475026963495523115.jpg
    16104652022507475026963495523115.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 133

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I followed these steps:
    5. "Enabling Wi-Fi..."
    Enjoy!!

Notes:

90% Battery, and on charge, WiFi connect. View attachment 5171893

This is what happens once you downgraded your firmware using hisuite proxy. Software updates are now broken.
    Right.
    EMUI 11 does not come for all areas at the same time. And not for all models.
    In time, it will come for everyone ... probably (for the announced models)