• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Huawei P40 Pro Firmware where find to ?

Search This thread

muslim187

Nov 18, 2010
Hi, i've searched so much for but can't find any Firmware for the P40 Pro ELS-NX9. Does anyone know where i can find it ?
The only one i've found is from a russian server and it doesnt work says always wrong device.

Reactions: Mifodiy

LevsOG

Mar 31, 2013
ELS-LGRP4-OVS firmwares should work. I flashed ELS-LGRP4-OVS 10.1.0.148 Full OTA from Firmware Finder (Download Link) using Hisuite Proxy and it worked perfectly with my ELS NX9.

Hi, thanks for that information. Can you help/direct me to a guide to install firmware for Huawei? I am new to something like that, do I need a NM card to install firmware from that? Kind regards

muslim187

Nov 18, 2010
Tried it, it works, have to write hisuite proxy firmware on youtube und follow the guide videos vom team mt. Dont need a card. Regards

jericho246

Dec 19, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Hi, thanks for that information. Can you help/direct me to a guide to install firmware for Huawei? I am new to something like that, do I need a NM card to install firmware from that? Kind regards

@kyero985 wrote a guide in another thread, here:

Hey everyone,

So after bouncing around the P30P HiSuite proxy method thread and thanks to @jericho246 for his earlier post with the path to the .148 full OTA package, I have successfully flashed .148 from .136 for my EU C432 ELS-NX9 as shown below. It's possible to do the same for C605 and the other regions as well assuming you have the correct, approved firmware too. For those on C432, I feel your pain having to wait so long for a working solution as EU always seem one of the last continents to get the newest updates. So now we can have the June and July Android security patches and hopefully all the camera and other improvements carried over across, including .142. Big thanks to the OP @@SilviuO , @IProfessor and everyone from the original source as well that made this all possible for us P40P users: https://forum.xda-developers.com/hu...de-how-to-flash-approved-fullota-zip-t4112775

This method will also work for those coming from even older versions prior to .136, assuming you use the newest approved firmware for your region and model and that Firmware Finder says it's safe for installation. I wouldn't recommend trying to flash any unapproved versions for your device even if it might look like there's a newer version available on FF as it's probably not for your region yet!

CHECK for your approved OTA Firmware FIRST: Download and install MT Firmware Finder here to check that your firmware is approved and usable for your P40P. DO NOT try to flash firmware that isn't approved and/or isn't designed for your region as this might brick or mess up your device! For example, TN-AN00 is for Chinese region models and not for C432/C636/C605 models. Click for the Google Play Store mirror for those with working GMS

NOTE: I did not need to do full a wipe but backed up via HiSuite anyway just in case. All of my apps and settings remained intact after the update. I don't have GMS so can't confirm if that's still working though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Download and install the latest Hisuite_10.1.0.550_OVE Desktop Client on to your PC (you DON'T need to locally download the full OTA as HiSuite will do that for you later)

2. Connect your P40P to your computer, making sure ADB USB debugging is enabled under your Android Dev options and agree to install the HiSuite app on your P40P when prompted. Continue with the next steps until the HiSuite desktop client recognizes your device (the app will ask you an authentication code as well if you've not used HiSuite before). Do a local Backup of all your data to your PC just in case while we're here.

3. Close down your HiSuite Desktop client and download and run the HiSuite proxy.exe (unzip all of the files first to anywhere you'd like)

4. Configure your HiSuite proxy for the suitable version and software region of your P40P. Your cust/model is shown next to your firmware build number under Software Update/About Phone.
FIND THE URL TO YOUR UPDATE THROUGH THE WEB-BASED FIRMWARE FINDER PAGE HERE (make sure you check your region and model back on the app to ensure it's definitely approved for your P40P, in my instance for my EU C432 ELS-NX9, the model began with ELS-XXX)

For .1XX -> .148 C432 EU ELS-NXX MODELS ONLY: Paste this URL for .148 in the package path: http://update.dbankcdn.com/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G5633/g1604/v434397/f1/ , followed by ELS-LGRP4-OVS 10.1.0.148 as the version next to it and tick the 'Point Version' checkbox. After that, click on the Setup button to finish the proxy configuration. From what I understand, .147, .148 & .149 are identical anyway according to the update log so just edit the version number and paste the new package URL for that one instead if you want to flash another build as stated in the online Firmware Finder database above (make sure the path ends in /f1).

Make sure the output log says it's ready for installation before you proceed and don't close it (as shown in the attached picture). If it comes up with any error messages, make sure your antivirus/firewall isn't blocking it.

5. Launch your HiSuite Desktop Client again, connect your P40P and click on the Software Update option after which it will detect .148 or the build you pointed the HiSuite proxy to. Keep your HiSuite proxy app open in the background throughout the update process!

6. That's it, all done! It's worth wiping the cache partition too in Android recovery mode if you'd like as that's what I like to do every time there's a large update.

I hope this helps you all and good luck!!! :good::highfive:

Flying Fox

Dec 21, 2010
Vienna
OnePlus 9 Pro
One question. I downgraded my firmware to 131 to be able to install the google services. Now regulary update to the recent firmware (automatic updates through phone) doesn´t seem to work. It says 131 is the recent firmware (one my phone). Is this normal or is there a workaround? Thanks for any infos ;)

foxdani

Feb 15, 2015
El Salvador
have a question, mi p40 pro its ELS NX9 but de custom its C10 (C10E7R4P1) can downgrade? and where find the firmware url to use a hisuite proxy.

thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

@kyero985 wrote a guide in another thread, here:

Hey everyone,

So after bouncing around the P30P HiSuite proxy method thread and thanks to @jericho246 for his earlier post with the path to the .148 full OTA package, I have successfully flashed .148 from .136 for my EU C432 ELS-NX9 as shown below. It's possible to do the same for C605 and the other regions as well assuming you have the correct, approved firmware too. For those on C432, I feel your pain having to wait so long for a working solution as EU always seem one of the last continents to get the newest updates. So now we can have the June and July Android security patches and hopefully all the camera and other improvements carried over across, including .142. Big thanks to the OP @@SilviuO , @IProfessor and everyone from the original source as well that made this all possible for us P40P users: https://forum.xda-developers.com/hu...de-how-to-flash-approved-fullota-zip-t4112775

This method will also work for those coming from even older versions prior to .136, assuming you use the newest approved firmware for your region and model and that Firmware Finder says it's safe for installation. I wouldn't recommend trying to flash any unapproved versions for your device even if it might look like there's a newer version available on FF as it's probably not for your region yet!

CHECK for your approved OTA Firmware FIRST: Download and install MT Firmware Finder here to check that your firmware is approved and usable for your P40P. DO NOT try to flash firmware that isn't approved and/or isn't designed for your region as this might brick or mess up your device! For example, TN-AN00 is for Chinese region models and not for C432/C636/C605 models. Click for the Google Play Store mirror for those with working GMS

NOTE: I did not need to do full a wipe but backed up via HiSuite anyway just in case. All of my apps and settings remained intact after the update. I don't have GMS so can't confirm if that's still working though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Download and install the latest Hisuite_10.1.0.550_OVE Desktop Client on to your PC (you DON'T need to locally download the full OTA as HiSuite will do that for you later)

2. Connect your P40P to your computer, making sure ADB USB debugging is enabled under your Android Dev options and agree to install the HiSuite app on your P40P when prompted. Continue with the next steps until the HiSuite desktop client recognizes your device (the app will ask you an authentication code as well if you've not used HiSuite before). Do a local Backup of all your data to your PC just in case while we're here.

3. Close down your HiSuite Desktop client and download and run the HiSuite proxy.exe (unzip all of the files first to anywhere you'd like)

4. Configure your HiSuite proxy for the suitable version and software region of your P40P. Your cust/model is shown next to your firmware build number under Software Update/About Phone.
    FIND THE URL TO YOUR UPDATE THROUGH THE WEB-BASED FIRMWARE FINDER PAGE HERE (make sure you check your region and model back on the app to ensure it's definitely approved for your P40P, in my instance for my EU C432 ELS-NX9, the model began with ELS-XXX)

For .1XX -> .148 C432 EU ELS-NXX MODELS ONLY: Paste this URL for .148 in the package path: http://update.dbankcdn.com/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G5633/g1604/v434397/f1/ , followed by ELS-LGRP4-OVS 10.1.0.148 as the version next to it and tick the 'Point Version' checkbox. After that, click on the Setup button to finish the proxy configuration. From what I understand, .147, .148 & .149 are identical anyway according to the update log so just edit the version number and paste the new package URL for that one instead if you want to flash another build as stated in the online Firmware Finder database above (make sure the path ends in /f1).

Make sure the output log says it's ready for installation before you proceed and don't close it (as shown in the attached picture). If it comes up with any error messages, make sure your antivirus/firewall isn't blocking it.

5. Launch your HiSuite Desktop Client again, connect your P40P and click on the Software Update option after which it will detect .148 or the build you pointed the HiSuite proxy to. Keep your HiSuite proxy app open in the background throughout the update process!

6. That's it, all done! It's worth wiping the cache partition too in Android recovery mode if you'd like as that's what I like to do every time there's a large update.

I hope this helps you all and good luck!!! :good::highfive:
    Hi, i've searched so much for but can't find any Firmware for the P40 Pro ELS-NX9. Does anyone know where i can find it ?
    The only one i've found is from a russian server and it doesnt work says always wrong device.
    ELS-LGRP4-OVS firmwares should work. I flashed ELS-LGRP4-OVS 10.1.0.148 Full OTA from Firmware Finder (Download Link) using Hisuite Proxy and it worked perfectly with my ELS NX9.