Huawei P40 Pro Updates?

Search This thread

hzainedeen

May 9, 2020
Saihat
I got 10.1.0.121 in Saudi on Friday 8-MAY 7 PM GMT+3 i noticed the MeeTime feature only which they promised that would be for all devices but it seems only for Huawei like Apple\s Facetime.

Last edited:

Fazee99

Dec 4, 2018
if you do not mind me asking, what model have you got? c432 or c636 or something else?

Hi,
In Middle East and North Africa its C185
I got the update yesterday 9-May-2020 in saudi arabia. But apart from MeeTime there is nothing. They didn't mentioned but Security patch is also updated to April-2020

Thanks

flystarjay

May 1, 2020
The c432 isn't the model, c432 is the software build number. He had the same model as you and me even though he's in saudi and we're in UK

ahh ok thanks, yea that makes more sense

Hi,
In Middle East and North Africa its C185
I got the update yesterday 9-May-2020 in saudi arabia. But apart from MeeTime there is nothing. They didn't mentioned but Security patch is also updated to April-2020

Thanks

should be an improvement to the camera

The c432 isn't the model, c432 is the software build number. He had the same model as you and me even though he's in saudi and we're in UK

No, wrong im afraid.

C432/C636/C185 etc are the REGION codes, where the phone is designed to be used... C432 is Europe, C636 Asia, C185 Middle East etc. There are lists of the region codes if you search. You can usually buy & use a different region's phone in any country though. For example, you can buy Asia C636 region handsets in the UK (usually Sim Free online) and they will work fine, but the correct handset for the UK is C432. (ELS-NX9 C432 to be precise)

The build bumber is the .114/.121 etc. denoting the software update version you're on. Huawei always issue updates first to China (Why not? They are based there after all), then release it out across the other regions. Usually staggering the release within a region (e.g. C432) by individual countries and IMEI numbers. The build numbers don't always make sense though as they may release different build numbers to different regions. Quite often you will see posts on xda saying ".122 has been released 2 weeks ago, but I'm still on .121...Huawei are rubbish!", when actually .122 is the same as .121, but just for china, or the middle east.

The model version is the ELS-AN00, ELS-TN00 (China); ELS-NX9, ELS-N04 (Global) etc. (There are small variations between the models e.g. Single/Dual Sim; 128GB/256GB/512GB).

Last edited:

Mideon

Oct 13, 2014
Still no update in the UK. I can deal with the lack of Google but this is silly. No feature updates compared to the rest of the world. Poor Service Huawei.

aero1982

May 13, 2020
HI All,
I have followed all of the steps provided in this video by #GNTECH

All good so far, I can access to Google Play Store, install app, etc without any issue. However, I have 2 major issues:
1. I cannot use Microsoft Authenticator, it keeps prompting error "Push Notification cannot be registered"
2. Slack and Outlook. Both apps are running, but there are no notifications for new email/message, I have tried re-installing them multiple times. Still the same issue.

Anyone can provide some guide how to get the notification back? No issue for Whatsapp or WeChat though. _/|\_

Last edited:

aero1982

May 13, 2020
Oh so you have having the same issue as well. What is your workaround on this?

QUOTE=Terra1;82555935]I'm running Outlook, and we don't get notifications.

Not sure about the others you mentioned.

Sent From My P40 Pro[/QUOTE]

Jun 23, 2019
Bristol
HI All,

All good so far, I can access to Google Play Store, install app, etc without any issue. However, I have 2 major issues:
1. I cannot use Microsoft Authenticator, it keeps prompting error "Push Notification cannot be registered"
2. Slack and Outlook. Both apps are running, but there are no notifications for new email/message, I have tried re-installing them multiple times. Still the same issue.

Anyone can provide some guide how to get the notification back? No issue for Whatsapp or WeChat though. _/|\_

Authenticator - If you have your old phone this worked for me - use Phone Clone to pull the app and data off old phone then open the app, remove the MS account and re-add it in the same session (dont close the app) it then worked for receiving requests. Still no notifications, but also no errors about notifications. I just added it to the window mode tab (pull and hold from edge of screen) and when needed open in a window, authenticate and then close.
Outlook - I only get notifications for Calendar and not Emails.

Has anyone managed to get Your Phone - Link to Windows working? I can log in but when the PC tried to send the notifications requests (60% on PC screen) nothing happens and i cant get further. I tried the same way as I did on authenticator and it works but as soon as the app is closed on the phone it stops working again.

flystarjay

May 1, 2020
HI All,

wouldnt it have been better to post it in the appropriate topic rather than a random topic about updates? where you would most likely receive better help

ATCG XS

May 7, 2020
Living in US with a UK/EU device, on .122 for ~5 days. I've been following the forum for Chinese customers, and they've got .126 and .127 a few weeks ago. These two updates seemed to improve photo/video quality by a little bit, but the biggest compalints are still around. Some users report improved battery life with .127, but it's not significant enough IMO. So, don't aim high for the updates.
I guess Huawei is really conservative when it comes to delivering updates to international devices.

Reactions: propov

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone,

So after bouncing around the P30P HiSuite proxy method thread and thanks to @jericho246 for his earlier post with the path to the .148 full OTA package, I have successfully flashed .148 from .136 for my EU C432 ELS-NX9 as shown below. It's possible to do the same for C605 and the other regions as well assuming you have the correct, approved firmware too. For those on C432, I feel your pain having to wait so long for a working solution as EU always seem one of the last continents to get the newest updates. So now we can have the June and July Android security patches and hopefully all the camera and other improvements carried over across, including .142. Big thanks to the OP @@SilviuO , @IProfessor and everyone from the original source as well that made this all possible for us P40P users: https://xdaforums.com/huawei-p30-pro/how-to/guide-how-to-flash-approved-fullota-zip-t4112775

This method will also work for those coming from even older versions prior to .136, assuming you use the newest approved firmware for your region and model and that Firmware Finder says it's safe for installation. I wouldn't recommend trying to flash any unapproved versions for your device even if it might look like there's a newer version available on FF as it's probably not for your region yet!

CHECK for your approved OTA Firmware FIRST: Download and install MT Firmware Finder here to check that your firmware is approved and usable for your P40P. DO NOT try to flash firmware that isn't approved and/or isn't designed for your region as this might brick or mess up your device! For example, TN-AN00 is for Chinese region models and not for C432/C636/C605 models. Click for the Google Play Store mirror for those with working GMS

NOTE: I did not need to do full a wipe but backed up via HiSuite anyway just in case. All of my apps and settings remained intact after the update. I don't have GMS so can't confirm if that's still working though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Download and install the latest Hisuite_10.1.0.550_OVE Desktop Client on to your PC (you DON'T need to locally download the full OTA as HiSuite will do that for you later)

2. Connect your P40P to your computer, making sure ADB USB debugging is enabled under your Android Dev options and agree to install the HiSuite app on your P40P when prompted. Continue with the next steps until the HiSuite desktop client recognizes your device (the app will ask you an authentication code as well if you've not used HiSuite before). Do a local Backup of all your data to your PC just in case while we're here.

3. Close down your HiSuite Desktop client and download and run the HiSuite proxy.exe (unzip all of the files first to anywhere you'd like)

4. Configure your HiSuite proxy for the suitable version and software region of your P40P. Your cust/model is shown next to your firmware build number under Software Update/About Phone.
    FIND THE URL TO YOUR UPDATE THROUGH THE WEB-BASED FIRMWARE FINDER PAGE HERE (make sure you check your region and model back on the app to ensure it's definitely approved for your P40P, in my instance for my EU C432 ELS-NX9, the model began with ELS-XXX)

For .1XX -> .148 C432 EU ELS-NXX MODELS ONLY: Paste this URL for .148 in the package path: http://update.dbankcdn.com/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G5633/g1604/v434397/f1/ , followed by ELS-LGRP4-OVS 10.1.0.148 as the version next to it and tick the 'Point Version' checkbox. After that, click on the Setup button to finish the proxy configuration. From what I understand, .147, .148 & .149 are identical anyway according to the update log so just edit the version number and paste the new package URL for that one instead if you want to flash another build as stated in the online Firmware Finder database above (make sure the path ends in /f1).

Make sure the output log says it's ready for installation before you proceed and don't close it (as shown in the attached picture). If it comes up with any error messages, make sure your antivirus/firewall isn't blocking it.

5. Launch your HiSuite Desktop Client again, connect your P40P and click on the Software Update option after which it will detect .148 or the build you pointed the HiSuite proxy to. Keep your HiSuite proxy app open in the background throughout the update process!

6. That's it, all done! It's worth wiping the cache partition too in Android recovery mode if you'd like as that's what I like to do every time there's a large update.

I hope this helps you all and good luck!!! :good::highfive:

No, wrong im afraid.

C432/C636/C185 etc are the REGION codes, where the phone is designed to be used... C432 is Europe, C636 Asia, C185 Middle East etc. There are lists of the region codes if you search. You can usually buy & use a different region's phone in any country though. For example, you can buy Asia C636 region handsets in the UK (usually Sim Free online) and they will work fine, but the correct handset for the UK is C432. (ELS-NX9 C432 to be precise)

The build bumber is the .114/.121 etc. denoting the software update version you're on. Huawei always issue updates first to China (Why not? They are based there after all), then release it out across the other regions. Usually staggering the release within a region (e.g. C432) by individual countries and IMEI numbers. The build numbers don't always make sense though as they may release different build numbers to different regions. Quite often you will see posts on xda saying ".122 has been released 2 weeks ago, but I'm still on .121...Huawei are rubbish!", when actually .122 is the same as .121, but just for china, or the middle east.

The model version is the ELS-AN00, ELS-TN00 (China); ELS-NX9, ELS-N04 (Global) etc. (There are small variations between the models e.g. Single/Dual Sim; 128GB/256GB/512GB).
    I've got .158 over HiSuite.
    Switzerland / Swisscom
    I downgraded to. 131 with hisuite proxy and after factory reset I installed gms then updated to. 147 with hisuite proxy again and everything is working like a charm (don't factory reset after the update!!!) you will lose gms
    So for everyone who don't receive update with OTA just try with hisuite proxy method, it's works
    (sorry for my bad english)

Great News...:cowboy:
    Hisuite Proxy method works like a charm. I have updated successfully. Special thanks to @IProfessor
    for Hisuite Proxy and @SilviuO for his detail guide in P30 Pro thread. I don't have enough time to create a guide thread but when time permits me I'll create one. Happy Flashing...:good:

Thank you all
    goldybewon
    Hey everyone,

So after bouncing around the P30P HiSuite proxy method thread and thanks to @jericho246 for his earlier post with the path to the .148 full OTA package, I have successfully flashed .148 from .136 for my EU C432 ELS-NX9 as shown below. It's possible to do the same for C605 and the other regions as well assuming you have the correct, approved firmware too. For those on C432, I feel your pain having to wait so long for a working solution as EU always seem one of the last continents to get the newest updates. So now we can have the June and July Android security patches and hopefully all the camera and other improvements carried over across, including .142. Big thanks to the OP @@SilviuO , @IProfessor and everyone from the original source as well that made this all possible: https://xdaforums.com/huawei-p30-pro/how-to/guide-how-to-flash-approved-fullota-zip-t4112775

This method will also work for those coming from even older versions prior to .136, assuming you use the newest approved firmware for your region and model and that Firmware Finder says it's safe for installation. I wouldn't recommend trying to flash any unapproved versions for your device even if it might look like there's a newer version available on FF as it's probably not for your region yet!

PREPARATION CHECK for full Approved OTA Firmware ONLY: Download and install MT Firmware Finder here https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/gmanrainy-by-team-mt/firmware-finder/ to check that your firmware is approved and usable for your P40P (or any other build you'd like to install such as .147/.148/.149).
    Google Play Store mirror for those with working GMS: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teammt.gmanrainy.huaweifirmwarefinder

NOTE: I did not need to do full a wipe but backed up via HiSuite anyway just in case any data was lost. All of my apps and settings remained intact after the update. I don't have GMS so can't confirm if that's still working though. Here's how I did it for those coming from C432 if you're still having doubts because it seemed very quick and easy.

1. Download and install the latest Hisuite_10.1.0.550_OVE Desktop Client on to your PC - https://consumer-tkb.huawei.com/tkbapp/downloadWebsiteService?websiteId=1699216 (you DON'T need to locally download the full OTA as HiSuite will do that for you later)

2. Connect your P40P to your computer, making sure Android ADB USB debugging is enabled under the Dev options and agree to install the HiSuite app on your P40P when prompted. Continue with the next steps until the HiSuite desktop client recognizes your device (the app will ask you an authentication code as well if you've not used HiSuite before). Do a local Backup of all your data to your PC just in case while we're here.

3. Close down your HiSuite Desktop client and run the HiSuite proxy.exe you just downloaded (unzip all of the files first to anywhere you'd like) - https://github.com/ProfessorJTJ/HISuite-Proxy/releases/download/1.8.6/HiSutie.Proxy.zip

4. Configure your HiSuite proxy for the suitable version and region of your P40P.

For .131/.136 -> .148 C432 EU: Paste this URL for .148 in the package path: http://update.dbankcdn.com/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G5633/g1604/v434397/f1/ , followed by ELS-LGRP4-OVS 10.1.0.148 as the version next to it and tick the 'Point Version' checkbox. After that, click on the Setup button to finish the proxy configuration. From what I understand, .147 and .149 is more or less identical anyway according to the update log so just edit the version number and paste the new package URL for that one instead if you want to flash another build (make sure the path ends in /f1).

5. Launch your HiSuite Desktop Client again, connect your P40P and click on the Software Update option after which it will detect .148 or the build you pointed the proxy to. Keep your HiSuite proxy app open in the background. Your phone will also restart as part of the process.

6. That's it, all done! It's worth wiping the cache partition too in Android recovery mode as that's what I like to do every time there's a large update.

I hope this helps you all and good luck!!!
    :good::highfive:

Great job. Keep helping P40P users by providing them with latest approved firmware links.

Just test them before so you know for which cust is released and avoid getting Safety Net Faill, because of mistmatch firmwares custs ?

Kdrgs,
    SilviuO

Sent from my VOG-L29 using XDA Labs