• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Huawei P50 PRO where to buy?

Search This thread

drzewoid

Jun 17, 2018
Hey,

Do You know when and in what online shops will be available to buy? I'm waiting for European premiere, but if it will be online - i can buy from China.

Greetings

jericho246

Dec 19, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
From what I read it will be available starting August 12th. Most likely only for China, and the global variant should be released some time later.

I'll wait a couple weeks for user reviews, mainly to find out whether it's possible to install Google services on HarmonyOS. Apparently it's possible on CHINESE variants of the Mate 40, with the Lzplay app (or whatever it's called). For global variants, gotta use GSpace which is not ideal.

EDIT: pre-order available on aliexpress HERE. Price is a bit high though.

Last edited:
Reactions: xwonic

tensux

Nov 18, 2011
boston
From what I read it will be available starting August 12th. Most likely only for China, and the global variant should be released some time later.

I'll wait a couple weeks for user reviews, mainly to find out whether it's possible to install Google services on HarmonyOS. Apparently it's possible on CHINESE variants of the Mate 40, with the Lzplay app (or whatever it's called). For global variants, gotta use GSpace which is not ideal.

Are you saying that with the mate if you wanted google you were better off with the Chinese version? i see the Chinese version is available but was afraid to buy it for compatibility in the usa

saved-j

Mar 13, 2015
Sanya
Hi.
I live in Sanya, China.
I recently bought 2 Huawei P50 Pros here to send to my friends in Russia and while testing them, I got quite disappointed. I even made a short review on my youtube channel (Mark Victorson).

They're overheating crazily, and in general, while cameras are the only reason one might want a Huawei phone, the video performance is seriously underwhelming.

And I don't recommend getting the China version with Kirin.
Wait for the global release. Or PM me if you can't live without the phone, I'll give you contacts of ppl who can buy and send the phone from China

tensux

Nov 18, 2011
boston
Hi.
I live in Sanya, China.
I recently bought 2 Huawei P50 Pros here to send to my friends in Russia and while testing them, I got quite disappointed. I even made a short review on my youtube channel (Mark Victorson).

They're overheating crazily, and in general, while cameras are the only reason one might want a Huawei phone, the video performance is seriously underwhelming.

Wait for the global release. Or PM me if you can't live without the phone, I'll give you contacts of ppl who can buy and send the phone from China
Hi thanks for the info. can you explain more why you recommend waiting for the global version?

saved-j

Mar 13, 2015
Sanya
Hi thanks for the info. can you explain more why you recommend waiting for the global version?
1. Harmony os - hopefully the global version will have full fledged android 11 not the piece of android 10 they call a new os
2. Camera is underwhelming. Omnivision sensors are inferior to Sony. The quality and color science difference between the wide, main and tele lens are not in sync - shooting with all three makes you feel like you shoot on three different devices, so great the difference is. Video is still 30mbps in 4k...srsly? SONY gives 85!
3. Heat dissipation on Kirin is terrible, it drops from 300gips to 100gips in 9 minutes of CPU throttling test.

Hopefully the global version with Snapdragon will result in a better experience.

Reactions: tensux

Thanos88

Apr 28, 2019
Hi.
I live in Sanya, China.

Hi, what is the battery life like ? How does it compare with the honor magic 3 pro plus? Are the cameras better on the p50 pro or on honor magic 3 pro plus? Which of the 2 devices would you recommend for overall everyday use (camera, speed, battery life, Heating). You mentioned the p50 pro gets hot, is that the same with the honor magic 3 pro plus?

Reactions: cambofuk

saved-j

Mar 13, 2015
Sanya
Hi, what is the battery life like ? How does it compare with the honor magic 3 pro plus? Are the cameras better on the p50 pro or on honor magic 3 pro plus? Which of the 2 devices would you recommend for overall everyday use (camera, speed, battery life, Heating). You mentioned the p50 pro gets hot, is that the same with the honor magic 3 pro plus?
Overall I'd recommend honor. It shoots better videos, its screen is better, it never heats up, its face id works in darkness. The only downside - it's a step behind p50pro in photography. Battery life is not bad on the both, but I can't say anything particular because i only had the devices for a week, and then sent them to Russia.

Reactions: Thanos88

Thanos88

Apr 28, 2019
Overall I'd recommend honor. It shoots better videos, its screen is better, it never heats up, its face id works in darkness. The only downside - it's a step behind p50pro in photography. Battery life is not bad on the both, but I can't say anything particular because i only had the devices for a week, and then sent them to Russia.
I appreciate that response 😃 thanks bro !

Reactions: saved-j

lawtq

Oct 12, 2011
Huawei Mate X2
Lol wow. I have the phone, it's typical huawei goodness.

Hot? Not at all, it's same as any other normal phone concerning heat, camera is excellent! As expected, slightly better than by mate x2 camera which was also great. P50 pro ain't seen as the best phone camera right now for nothing.

Battery life again is typically great! It's a small battery, 4360 I believe, but it's roughly 8+ hours on screen time for a complete full charge.

I'm amazed at these statements

Thanos88

Apr 28, 2019
Lol wow. I have the phone, it's typical huawei goodness.

Hot? Not at all, it's same as any other normal phone concerning heat, camera is excellent! As expected, slightly better than by mate x2 camera which was also great. P50 pro ain't seen as the best phone camera right now for nothing.

Battery life again is typically great! It's a small battery, 4360 I believe, but it's roughly 8+ hours on screen time for a complete full charge.

I'm amazed at these statements
Hey, do you own the p50 pro? Sorry couldn't tell by your comment.

lawtq

Oct 12, 2011
Huawei Mate X2
Hey, do you own the p50 pro? Sorry couldn't tell by your comment.
I do. It's nice. Surprised by how really flat and thin it feels. Wish it was thicket. Feels much better with the amazon case I got for it

The comments bashing it above are not true for me at all.

Thanos88

Apr 28, 2019
I do. It's nice. Surprised by how really flat and thin it feels. Wish it was thicket. Feels much better with the amazon case I got for it

The comments bashing it above are not true for me at all.
How much did you pay for it?
I've been told that photos are excellent but video recording is underwhelming, can you confirm?
Is there a 90hz option or only 60hz/120hz?
How many updates have you received so far ?
Does that 8 hours sot involve gaming or just normal usage?
How much battery do you lose overnight/idle?

8 hours is decent SOT, but I'm used to my 14 hours on the Rog 5 :( unfortunately there's no reviews on the p50 pro so I'm still undecided.

lawtq

Oct 12, 2011
Huawei Mate X2
How much did you pay for it?
I've been told that photos are excellent but video recording is underwhelming, can you confirm?
Is there a 90hz option or only 60hz/120hz?
How many updates have you received so far ?
Does that 8 hours sot involve gaming or just normal usage?
How much battery do you lose overnight/idle?

8 hours is decent SOT, but I'm used to my 14 hours on the Rog 5 :( unfortunately there's no reviews on the p50 pro so I'm still undecided.
Paid about £870 from Alibaba
Pics are the best, full stop! Videos are good, iPhone still king
No it's only 60hz or 120hz dynamic. No 90hz
I think its been about 2 updates since I bought
It's 8 hours very conservative. Uses about 10% per hour
Losses about 3% overnight

Thanos88

Apr 28, 2019
Paid about £870 from Alibaba
Pics are the best, full stop! Videos are good, iPhone still king
No it's only 60hz or 120hz dynamic. No 90hz
I think its been about 2 updates since I bought
It's 8 hours very conservative. Uses about 10% per hour
Losses about 3% overnight
Thank you again for the info !
I've just had a look online & it's looking likely that Huawei will launch the Mate 50 pro on October 21st 🤔🤔🤔
I'll wait for that 😂 if they don't end up releasing the mate 50 pro I'll just buy the p50 pro, prices will be lower too. I was hoping for the p50 pro plus version but doubt that will ever come out

lawtq

Oct 12, 2011
Huawei Mate X2
Thank you again for the info !
I've just had a look online & it's looking likely that Huawei will launch the Mate 50 pro on October 21st 🤔🤔🤔
I'll wait for that 😂 if they don't end up releasing the mate 50 pro I'll just buy the p50 pro, prices will be lower too. I was hoping for the p50 pro plus version but doubt that will ever come out
You might as well wait the mate 50 Pro. Probably coming around the same time

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. Harmony os - hopefully the global version will have full fledged android 11 not the piece of android 10 they call a new os
    2. Camera is underwhelming. Omnivision sensors are inferior to Sony. The quality and color science difference between the wide, main and tele lens are not in sync - shooting with all three makes you feel like you shoot on three different devices, so great the difference is. Video is still 30mbps in 4k...srsly? SONY gives 85!
    3. Heat dissipation on Kirin is terrible, it drops from 300gips to 100gips in 9 minutes of CPU throttling test.

Hopefully the global version with Snapdragon will result in a better experience.
    Hi.
    I live in Sanya, China.

I appreciate that response 😃 thanks bro !