• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Huawei P8 Lite (2017) does it have Gyroscope ?

Search This thread

umbrokhan

Nov 11, 2013
also called Honor 8 Lite in other country

if yes any screen shot?
Sensors Multitool app from Google Play store then take screen shot for proof.
thanks

MarioFlying

Jan 3, 2016

:good: Affirmative. The app you named says "gyroscope" from "STMicroelectronics". The graph promptly responds to movements.

EDIT: It seems like it's a fake/software gyroscope, derived from data obtained by the accelerometer and directional sensors. At least this is how it was with the P8 Lite from 2015, and I'd bet from the technical sheets around it's the same on the new model.

I tested the gyroscope on a P8 Lite 2017 with a YouTube 360° video and it works awfully on the X axis, making the video very jerky and almost not moving at all, while it works fine on the Y axis. Maybe the software solution is not complete, maybe it's a bug that will hopefully get sorted out.

2015 P8 gyroscope source: a Reddit post.

Last edited:
Reactions: umbrokhan

umbrokhan

Nov 11, 2013
:good: Affirmative. The app you named says "gyroscope" from "STMicroelectronics". The graph promptly responds to movements.

EDIT: It seems like it's a fake/software gyroscope, derived from data obtained by the accelerometer and directional sensors. At least this is how it was with the P8 Lite from 2015, and I'd bet from the technical sheets around it's the same on the new model.

I tested the gyroscope on a P8 Lite 2017 with a YouTube 360° video and it works awfully on the X axis, making the video very jerky and almost not moving at all, while it works fine on the Y axis. Maybe the software solution is not complete, maybe it's a bug that will hopefully get sorted out.

thank you. for your reply.

MarioFlying

Jan 3, 2016
thank you. for your reply.

I correct myself: maybe the 2017 model gyroscope is a real one. Anyway, it's malfunctioning right now, I tried some videos and a testing app and the X axis doesn't work correctly at all, very jerky and almost still. Another italian owner tried it and came to the same conclusion.

If the gyroscope is important to you for VR things, look to another phone or wait until it's, hopefully, fixed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.