• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Huawei p8 lite 2017 FULL BRICKED

Search This thread

May 16, 2017
2rh8hs0.jpg

(Forgive me for my english)

Hello everyone....I'm not here asking somebody to help me, I don't think you could. I'm here to advice you not to root a Huawei P8 lite 2017. The story of me bricking this phone is long, I've done lots of passages that I can't remember.
I've read guides, asked help and compared softwares before trying to root my phone, but it has been useless.

I'll explain the main problems occured.

I've unlocked bootloader and then I flashed with fastboot tim win recovery..the version is located in this section about huawei p8 lite 2017. TWRP couldn't backup Data partition, it gave me an error that I couldn't avoid: I think that version is not full compatible with this phone. STOP rooting your phone if you can't backup a partition or if the recovery starts giving you error.

I flashed MagiskSu rootless with twrp. Initially worked properly, (but not all softwares were working with it)...after trying to install viper4android, my OS corrupted...Launcher didn't started anymore when I turned up my phone...I could only see the background and go in settings app....I restored my phone with twrp but it had been useless...I had to format data partition. After that, my phone restored properly.

I was having problem with booting into system...it took every time 66 seconds, and I had only few modules installed. Something were wrong. I installed Apps2sd, but it gave me some problems...sometimes was not able to mount partition or to write the script. Then I did the wrost choice of my life. I allowed this app to edit System partition. All the phone corrupted. I was not able to boot into system after reboot. DON'T ALLOW SOFTWARES TO EDIT SYSTEM PARTITION. Then i restored the phone with twrp, but after this, my phone was damaged: No Audio, No microphone, NO camera working, I couldn't play any video or song....it was corrupted. I've tryed to restore system partition, vendor partition, boot image....everything was useless. I flashed the stock recovery and did factory reset...nothing. I flashed stock boot.img...nothing was working.

I've tryed last chace, to flash all stock rom with adb sideload: adb failed. I tryed with fastboot: failed. I at least tryed to flash manually system, vendor, boot and recovery partition with fastboot....but It ended with my phone totally bricked (I think Fastboot didn't worked properly, it gave me some errors). I had wiped all the partition before doing this...but something tell me that fastboot didn't flashed correctly stock partition.

The only thing that is left in my phone is eRecovery, I can't use usb debug, Third parts can not communicate with the phone. I can only reboot, shutdown, and try to download the "lastest version" from server...but it fails at every try. My phone is not accessible anymore.

My advice is NOT TO ROOT HUAWEI P8 LITE 2017. Wait for developers to create advanced software more compatible with this new device.

Now I want to ask help: is there something I can do right now? Why doesn't erecovery work? Is there something I can do with Huawei Support? I have to sent my phone to restore it?

Last edited:

hamzio7

Oct 26, 2015
dezful
Hey bro...if your phone's bootloader is unlocked as you said...

You can do those easy steps

Download HUAWEI UPDATE EXTRACTOR 9.9.3

Use it to extract the following partitions

System.img
Recovery.img
Boot.img

And other files that you need and copy them into adb.exe folder

Then boot your phone into bootloader

And then use those commands to flash the partitions

fastboot flash system system.img

And

Fastboot flash boot boot.img

And

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

The flashing process will take a while on system partition

And then do a factory reset using stock recovery

And then the phone should boot up

Sent from my PRA-LA1 using Tapatalk

persona78

Apr 12, 2013
(Forgive me for my english)

Hello everyone....I'm not here asking somebody to help me, I don't think you could. I'm here to advice you not to root a Huawei P8 lite 2017. The story of me bricking this phone is long, I've done lots of passages that I can't remember.
I've read guides, asked help and compared softwares before trying to root my phone, but it has been useless.

I'll explain the main problems occured.

I've unlocked bootloader and then I flashed with fastboot tim win recovery..the version is located in this section about huawei p8 lite 2017. TWRP couldn't backup Data partition, it gave me an error that I couldn't avoid: I think that version is not full compatible with this phone. STOP rooting your phone if you can't backup a partition or if the recovery starts giving you error.

I flashed MagiskSu rootless with twrp. Initially worked properly, (but not all softwares were working with it)...after trying to install viper4android, my OS corrupted...Launcher didn't started anymore when I turned up my phone...I could only see the background and go in settings app....I restored my phone with twrp but it had been useless...I had to format data partition. After that, my phone restored properly.

I was having problem with booting into system...it took every time 66 seconds, and I had only few modules installed. Something were wrong. I installed Apps2sd, but it gave me some problems...sometimes was not able to mount partition or to write the script. Then I did the wrost choice of my life. I allowed this app to edit System partition. All the phone corrupted. I was not able to boot into system after reboot. DON'T ALLOW SOFTWARES TO EDIT SYSTEM PARTITION. Then i restored the phone with twrp, but after this, my phone was damaged: No Audio, No microphone, NO camera working, I couldn't play any video or song....it was corrupted. I've tryed to restore system partition, vendor partition, boot image....everything was useless. I flashed the stock recovery and did factory reset...nothing. I flashed stock boot.img...nothing was working.

I've tryed last chace, to flash all stock rom with adb sideload: adb failed. I tryed with fastboot: failed. I at least tryed to flash manually system, vendor, boot and recovery partition with fastboot....but It ended with my phone totally bricked (I think Fastboot didn't worked properly, it gave me some errors). I had wiped all the partition before doing this...but something tell me that fastboot didn't flashed correctly stock partition.

The only thing that is left in my phone is eRecovery, I can't use usb debug, Third parts can not communicate with the phone. I can only reboot, shutdown, and try to download the "lastest version" from server...but it fails at every try. My phone is not accessible anymore.

My advice is NOT TO ROOT HUAWEI P8 LITE 2017. Wait for developers to create advanced software more compatible with this new device.

Now I want to ask help: is there something I can do right now? Why doesn't erecovery work? Is there something I can do with Huawei Support? I have to sent my phone to restore it?

Flash Huawei ROM with keys.
First search for rollback ROM and flash it then flash full rom.

May 16, 2017

System.img
Recovery.img
Boot.img

And

And

Thank you but I've already done this passages when my phone were soft-bricked. It could have helped me, but now the problem is bigger: any partition is corrupted, there's no way I can go into bootloader, and there's no way I can interact with my phone form a pc

May 16, 2017
Flash Huawei ROM with keys.
First search for rollback ROM and flash it then flash full rom.

I can't flash anything since my phone can not interact with any machine...there's no more recovery partition working, no more system partition working...boot image is ok but I can't boot anything. Fastboot mode works only if system partition works too.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
I can't flash anything since my phone can not interact with any machine...there's no more recovery partition working, no more system partition working...boot image is ok but I can't boot anything. Fastboot mode works only if system partition works too.

Yes, you can recover your device because erecovery is working !

You need a MicroSD card, create a folder/directory named "dload" and inside put the UPDATE.APP ( full firmware for your device ) . Put the MicroSD card into your device and keep pressing at the same time all three hardware buttons ( volume +, volume - and power ) ... your device will start automaticly to install UPDATE.APP - if UPDATE.APP is compatible 100% with your device !

Good luck !

May 16, 2017

You need a MicroSD card, create a folder/directory named "dload" and inside put the UPDATE.APP ( full firmware for your device ) . Put the MicroSD card into your device and keep pressing at the same time all three hardware buttons ( volume +, volume - and power ) ... your device will start automaticly to install UPDATE.APP - if UPDATE.APP is compatible 100% with your device !

Good luck !

Thank you...I tryied, but didn't work...it says "restore failed"...maybe the UPDATE.APP is not full compatible with my phone. If anybody can give me the update.zip of Huawei P8 lite 2017 PRA-LX1 TIM BRAND (PRA-LX1C55B105), I'm here awaiting for it.
Could I try to flash a No Brand Firmware from dload folder?

Another question to you..could I have done something bad that doesn't allow erecovery to work properly? I didn't touch that partition.

Last edited:

May 16, 2017
Ok I've done researches and I realized that the firmware of my phone doesn't exist yet. The one I tryed to flash has a very similiar build code but it's different., I noticed it right now, I'm not surprised my phone is dead. I can only wait for developers to put that one on internet.

Or I can try to install from dload folder another firmware that is compatible with my phone...If anybody know something about it, tell me please :/

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Thank you...I tryied, but didn't work...it says "restore failed"...maybe the UPDATE.APP is not full compatible with my phone. If anybody can give me the update.zip of Huawei P8 lite 2017 PRA-LX1 TIM BRAND (PRA-LX1C55B105), I'm here awaiting for it.

Another question to you..could I have done something bad that doesn't allow erecovery to work properly? I didn't touch that partition.

Yes, "restore failed !" is because firmware not match 100% your device !

Reactions: 0000729399

dominj97

Jul 24, 2013
Warsaw
Ok I've done researches and I realized that the firmware of my phone doesn't exist yet. The one I tryed to flash has a very similiar build code but it's different., I noticed it right now, I'm not surprised my phone is dead. I can only wait for developers to put that one on internet.

Or I can try to install from dload folder another firmware that is compatible with my phone...If anybody know something about it, tell me please :/
I found PRA-LX1C55B120 in firmware finder.
http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G1458/g104/v82870/f1/full/update.zip

https://forum.xda-developers.com/tools/general/huawei-firmware-finder-team-mt-t3469146

May 16, 2017

Restore Failed....Again.

Maybe the file you gave me is not the right one, or maybe my phone is not able to restore a phone starting from an updated Firmware like the b120 verision...maybe eRecovery wants the stock version, the b105.

I always do this things: I extract all the contents of update.zip in a folder named "dload" on a SD card...then I put the card into my phone and launch eRecovery. I hope I'm not missing any passage.

Does anybody know is eRecovery needs the stock update of the Firmware to restore it?
Could anybody find the PRA-LX1C55B105 (TIM BRAND = C55) Firmware?

Manuele1000

Apr 16, 2017
Napoli
Restore Failed....Again.

Maybe the file you gave me is not the right one, or maybe my phone is not able to restore a phone starting from an updated Firmware like the b120 verision...maybe eRecovery wants the stock version, the b105.

I always do this things: I extract all the contents of update.zip in a folder named "dload" on a SD card...then I put the card into my phone and launch eRecovery. I hope I'm not missing any passage.

Does anybody know is eRecovery needs the stock update of the Firmware to restore it?
Could anybody find the PRA-LX1C55B105 (TIM BRAND = C55) Firmware?

That firmware is impossible to find. Maybe because it is Tim branded. But don't worry you can flash any firmware, no branded too. You can try as I done the last week, to flash with fastboot system, boot and recovery. These images are present in the update.app of the PRA-LX1C432B110, and you can use huawei update extractor to get that images. Good luck my friend!

May 16, 2017
That firmware is impossible to find. Maybe because it is Tim branded. But don't worry you can flash any firmware, no branded too. You can try as I done the last week, to flash with fastboot system, boot and recovery. These images are present in the update.app of the PRA-LX1C432B110, and you can use huawei update extractor to get that images. Good luck my friend!

I can't flash anything because my phone is bricked...I can only use eRecovery, and I can not comunicate with my phone with a computer. I have to wait for somebody to extract the Firmware or I don't know.
I've already done the passage you wrote, to flash boot and recovey, when my phone was corrupted but NOT bricked. I restored my phone but it didn't solved issues I was having. Now I can't do anything. I can only use eRecovery.

Last edited:

jtvu

May 19, 2017
I am not advising or telling that it would be a good idea, but you could try to install the TWRP-Recovery using the prague.img from the "[How To Root] Huawei P8 lite 2017 [PRA-LX1]-Android 7.0-EMUI 5.0" and if it success then trying to restore the PRA-LX1C432B100 firmare which can be found on "[Request] PRA-LX1 C432 oeminfo".

CAUTION: If you succeed you'll have the two SIM version of the firmware and all info of your original firmware will be lost which means that your warranty will definitely be void (it most likely is already).

May 16, 2017
I am not advising or telling that it would be a good idea, but you could try to install the TWRP-Recovery using the prague.img from the "[How To Root] Huawei P8 lite 2017 [PRA-LX1]-Android 7.0-EMUI 5.0" and if it success then trying to restore the PRA-LX1C432B100 firmare which can be found on "[Request] PRA-LX1 C432 oeminfo".

CAUTION: If you succeed you'll have the two SIM version of the firmware and all info of your original firmware will be lost which means that your warranty will definitely be void (it most likely is already).

Thank you too...but It's the million time I say: I CAN'T FLASH ANYTHING BECAUSE MY PHONE IS TOTALLY BRICKED.
My phone is totally corrupted, the only thing I can do is to use eRecovery. Every other solution dealing with using PC to do things on phone has been tryied when the phone were SOFT BRICKED, and doesn't work anymore because the phone is at 90% HARD BRICKED.

Manuele1000

Apr 16, 2017
Napoli
Thank you too...but It's the million time I say: I CAN'T FLASH ANYTHING BECAUSE MY PHONE IS TOTALLY BRICKED.
My phone is totally corrupted, the only thing I can do is to use eRecovery. Every other solution dealing with using PC to do things on phone has been tryied when the phone were SOFT BRICKED, and doesn't work anymore because the phone is at 90% HARD BRICKED.

Are you saying that you can't go to fastboot too? Or if you can, it gives you error to every flash? But don't worry, if you can use erecovery, try This: You'll notice that you have to pay for this. Good Luck!

https://funkyhuawei.club/register

May 16, 2017
Are you saying that you can't go to fastboot too? Or if you can, it gives you error to every flash? But don't worry, if you can use erecovery, try This: You'll notice that you have to pay for this. Good Luck!

https://funkyhuawei.club/register

Thank you so much, I realized that Fastboot was not corrupted!

But...

I tryied to flash system, recovery and boot images, then I did the Factory Reset from recovery...but It didn't worked, my phone bootloops like there's no System installed.
I have two hypotesis: 1) Fastboot is not able to flash properly the system partition on Huawei P8 lite 2017, even though it says that the process has been successful.
2) The system I flashed is not compatible...I extracted the system.img file from a PRA-LX1C55B120 (Found with Firmware Finder), while my version was PRA-LXC55B105....Maybe it pretends the B105, and refuses the B120. But they should be the same thing :(

This is impossible.

Manuele1000

Apr 16, 2017
Napoli
Thank you so much, I realized that Fastboot was not corrupted!

But...

I tryied to flash system, recovery and boot images, then I did the Factory Reset from recovery...but It didn't worked, my phone bootloops like there's no System installed.
I have two hypotesis: 1) Fastboot is not able to flash properly the system partition on Huawei P8 lite 2017, even though it says that the process has been successful.
2) The system I flashed is not compatible...I extracted the system.img file from a PRA-LX1C55B120 (Found with Firmware Finder), while my version was PRA-LXC55B105....Maybe it pretends the B105, and refuses the B120. But they should be the same thing :(

This is impossible.

Exclude the first hypothesis, because FASTBOOT is 100% trusted. I think that you need to download from firmware finder this version: PRA-LX1C432B110. This version should work. Unzip the update.zip downloaded and with Huawei Update Extractor get the System, boot and recovery images. Then flash everything with fastboot, like this: Fastboot flash system System.img
Remember that commands are case sensitive so be careful. Good luck!

May 16, 2017
Exclude the first hypothesis, because FASTBOOT is 100% trusted. I think that you need to download from firmware finder this version: PRA-LX1C432B110. This version should work. Unzip the update.zip downloaded and with Huawei Update Extractor get the System, boot and recovery images. Then flash everything with fastboot, like this: Fastboot flash system System.img
Remember that commands are case sensitive so be careful. Good luck!

ok I'll try right now but why that version should work? Do I have to flash only the system partition?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

System.img
    Recovery.img
    Boot.img

And

And

Good luck !

Yes, "restore failed !" is because firmware not match 100% your device !
    It can flash OTA and Full. It has an Updater-script Inside the update.zip

WOW! I'm surprised!

So if the dload method doesn't work we can use twrp?

I remember that in the past I tried it and getted an error...
    Hi i dont know if everyone managed to fix his problem but this might help you (all you need is a bootloader code, adb and fastboot on pc, able to go into fastboot, able to go into recovery, twrp.img, stock rom for the right oeminfo, oeminfo package)

Step 1: use srktool 2.0 lod chong (idk if its the correct name) to unlock bootloader all you need is to connect to pc enter fastboot while holding vol down and power button and with srktool open your bootloader

Step 2: go back to fastboot flash twrp.img and reboot to twrp: disconnect cable hold power and vol up your phone should boot into twrp

Step 3: connect to pc wait a bit and in command prompt type adb devices it should recognize your phone in recovery mode

Step 4: type adb push (the name of oeminfo just ctrl C and V it) and type sdcard or external_sd/oeminfo (some devices internal storage called sdcard and your actual sdcard called external_sd you can check in advanced>file manager) it should complete in a min then it should give you pushed 1 file to external_sd or sdcard/oeminfo/(file name)

Step 5 type adb push UPDATE.APP external_sd or sdcard/dload (make sure it unzipped and it should have a name called UPDATE.APP if not rename it)
    This should a bit longer about 5-10 mins after done disconnect

Step 6: flash the oeminfo.zip (do not reboot) after done go back to main screen press reboot and choose shutdown after shutdown hold vol up and down and power button the update should start and youre phone should boot up!