• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Huawei P8 Lite bootloop

Search This thread

reknik

Jun 15, 2016
So I've searched for a answer but nothing worked.
I have the ALE-L21 model, and it bootloop-ed when I was trying to root the phone.
I've tried to put an update from the sd card by pressing volume up and down + power button and it just said failed from the start.
I've tried entering fastboot mode and flashing boot.img, recovery.img, but i it didn't worked.
Sorry for the bad english, please help me.

Lordbannakaffalatta

Feb 6, 2016
Mol
first off all...
Whe need al little more information.

dual/single sim?
What build number are you on?
Did you unlock your bootloader? (i think that's your problem)
do you have a goldfish?

If you can answer these questions we can help you

benjiamin

Jun 16, 2016
Hi! I have same issue with my P8 Lite single sim from Vodafone. Before i went into bootloop i had B181 branded software.
My bootloader is locked (how i can get unlock code when emui site is down?). Is there any way to rescue my phone without unlocking bootloader?
Maybe it will be possible to flash (vol+,vol-,power) it once again with vodafone rom, but i can't find it anywhere.
Thanks for support.

Lordbannakaffalatta

Feb 6, 2016
Mol
Hi! I have same issue with my P8 Lite single sim from Vodafone. Before i went into bootloop i had B181 branded software.
My bootloader is locked (how i can get unlock code when emui site is down?). Is there any way to rescue my phone without unlocking bootloader?
Maybe it will be possible to flash (vol+,vol-,power) it once again with vodafone rom, but i can't find it anywhere.
Thanks for support.

Is the site down again?as far as i can tell it's online https://emui.huawei.com/en/plugin.php?id=unlock&mod=detail
you can't flash anything with bootlaoder locked. don't try it.
just unlock your boatloader after that's done come back ;)

Reactions: benjiamin

benjiamin

Jun 16, 2016
websit site is online again, bootloader unlocked :) what are next steps ?
Edit: ok i've used P8-lite multitool and phone is back but i do not have imei number and in software version i have "balongc50b311" how to fix it now?

Last edited:

Lordbannakaffalatta

Feb 6, 2016
Mol
In that build there should be a floder named vendor with an small update.app in it. put that one in your sdcard/internal memory and go trough settings-> updater-> menu-> local update and select that. let it do and everything should be fine

benjiamin

Jun 16, 2016
In that build there should be a floder named vendor with an small update.app in it. put that one in your sdcard/internal memory and go trough settings-> updater-> menu-> local update and select that. let it do and everything should be fine
Everything works, thank you so much but it seems that this ROM is bit laggy and when I'm tryning to delete some ****ty games it's restarting and games remain.
Can i update it now to Android 6.0? Will it be possible via OTA? Right now i have info that my current version is latest one.

Lordbannakaffalatta

Feb 6, 2016
Mol
Everything works, thank you so much but it seems that this ROM is bit laggy and when I'm tryning to delete some ****ty games it's restarting and games remain.
Can i update it now to Android 6.0? Will it be possible via OTA? Right now i have info that my current version is latest one.

you have to update manually if you want MM i will post a link with descriptions once i uploaded that. (seriouslt i typed this like a 1000 times)

here you go http://forum.xda-developers.com/p8lite/general/mega-thread-root-unbricking-updating-t3400994

Last edited:
Reactions: benjiamin

Top Liked Posts