• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Huawei P9 EVA-L09\EVA-L19\EVA-L29 Tool. Easy Unlock Bootloader and Flash Recovery.

Search This thread

Kongslien

Oct 29, 2010
I'm gonna ask for the same. Google deleted the link from /showpost.php?p=77233034&postcount=44 because it apparently violated some ToS.

Last edited:

cashinobi

May 30, 2019
link dead

Hi, everyone my huawei p9 eva-l09 is stuck on logo after tried to roll back from android 7.0, the update of the roll back pass but now I can't do anything just fastboot mode...

I wanted to try the unlocking of the bootlader but the HuaweiP9Tool.rar link is dead,
do somebody can send me a new link please ?

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
I wanted to try the unlocking of the bootlader but the HuaweiP9Tool.rar link is dead,
do somebody can send me a new link please ?
If you have the code for unlocking Bootloader on your phone, then you don't need any *.rar tool to unlock. - that tool will just do the same that you can do manually (and tool will also require that you install ADB/Fastboot drivers to your PC first) by simply booting to Fastboot and manually executing the command:
fastboot oem unlock <code>

Also, you must manually unlock OEM/FRP on your phone in advance (easy, from Settings / Developers mode menu) - and no tool can magically do it for you

If you don't have Bootloader code, you have to buy it for 4-5 Euros from DC unlocker or from Ministry of solutions

This steps cannot be avoided, the tool you are looking for may just have 'gui' for batch script on the PC where you select "Unlock bootloader" , then it will ask you for the Bootloader code and when you provide it, it will execute the same Fastboot command you can find above.

Don't believe that tool will automatically avoid you the need to buy your Bootloader code (if you didn't get it while Huawei was giving for free)

It is pointless to discuss, but if you don't believe, there was another naive 3-4 months ago who was repeatedly claiming that this or another such tool will unlock the Bootloader 'for free' (without the bought code) but he "didn't have PC ready to prove" .
Finally, he fixed his PC (or used one from his friend), and thankfully he confirmed back that it was a hoax, that tool just asks him for the Bootloader code

So if you wish you may search here on XDA, it was in this P9 forum, under Q&A or Tools or so

Last edited:

cashinobi

May 30, 2019
If you have the code for unlocking Bootloader on your phone, then you don't need any *.rar tool to unlock. - that tool will just do the same that you can do manually (and tool will also require that you install ADB/Fastboot drivers to your PC first) by simply booting to Fastboot and manually executing the command:
fastboot oem unlock <code>

Also, you must manually unlock OEM/FRP on your phone in advance (easy, from Settings / Developers mode menu) - and no tool can magically do it for you

If you don't have Bootloader code, you have to buy it for 4-5 Euros from DC unlocker or from Ministry of solutions

This steps cannot be avoided, the tool you are looking for may just have 'gui' for batch script on the PC where you select "Unlock bootloader" , then it will ask you for the Bootloader code and when you provide it, it will execute the same Fastboot command you can find above.

Don't believe that tool will automatically avoid you the need to buy your Bootloader code (if you didn't get it while Huawei was giving for free)

It is pointless to discuss, but if you don't believe, there was another naive 3-4 months ago who was repeatedly claiming that this or another such tool will unlock the Bootloader 'for free' (without the bought code) but he "didn't have PC ready to prove" .
Finally, he fixed his PC (or used one from his friend), and thankfully he confirmed back that it was a hoax, that tool just asks him for the Bootloader code

So if you wish you may search here on XDA, it was in this P9 forum, under Q&A or Tools or so

Ok thanks for your response :)

I think I'm gonna buy the bootloader on Ministry of solutions, then try to unlock it with "SRK Tool for Huawei phone version 2.0"
after that retry to update by sd car and try to unlock with romshillz HTC FRP unlock tool V2.0.

I'll keep you informed ;)

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Ok thanks for your response :)

I think I'm gonna buy the bootloader on Ministry of solutions, then try to unlock it with "SRK Tool for Huawei phone version 2.0"
after that retry to update by sd car and try to unlock with romshillz HTC FRP unlock tool V2.0.

I'll keep you informed ;)
To unlock FRP really don't use any tool, specially from HTC (don't risk bricking the phone)

Simply go to Settings/About and tap 7 times over the build number
It will unlock Developers menu, there you have to enable ADB in charging only mode, and after that ADB debugging - in that order (you need to manually enable even for whatever tools you ever want to use)
In the same Developers menu you have to enable OEM unlock (and confirm) - that is FRP unlocking, so do you rwally need HTC (?) tools for that.

And once you unlock Bootloader you simply flash TWRP by Fastboot command:
fastboot flash ramdisk_recovery <TWRP file>

It just depends are you on Nougat or Marshmallow, which TWRP file you must use.
If you provide full build name/number from Settings /About (like EVA-L09c432b504 or so), will give you which TWRP to use

All together pretty simple, better invest sone time to learn than to depend on tools that come and go (and may not be updated for the latest firmwares)

Finally, the tool is probably old, seems from the time of now deprecated SuperSU
Now people usually flash Magisk for root (and again, you can do it manually from TWRP, no additional tools required)

Last edited:

cashinobi

May 30, 2019
To unlock FRP really don't use any tool, specially from HTC (don't risk bricking the phone)

Simply go to Settings/About and tap 7 times over the build number
It will unlock Developers menu, there you have to enable ADB in charging only mode, and after that ADB debugging - in that order (you need to manually enable even for whatever tools you ever want to use)
In the same Developers menu you have to enable OEM unlock (and confirm) - that is FRP unlocking, so do you rwally need HTC (?) tools for that.

And once you unlock Bootloader you simply flash TWRP by Fastboot command:
fastboot flash ramdisk_recovery <TWRP file>

It just depends are you on Nougat or Marshmallow, which TWRP file you must use.
If you provide full build name/number from Settings /About (like EVA-L09c432b504 or so), will give you which TWRP to use

All together pretty simple, better invest sone time to learn than to depend on tools that come and go (and may not be updated for the latest firmwares)

Finally, the tool is probably old, seems from the time of now deprecated SuperSU
Now people usually flash Magisk for root (and again, you can do it manually from TWRP, no additional tools required)

Yup, sorry I'm not sure to all understand... how to "simply go to Settings/About and tap 7 times over the build number" if one time my phone unbricked, I'm stuck in the google account (FRP) ?

and it's not all, the guy from ministry of solutions just responded now and says : "with 4$ you cannot get the bootloader code because phone need to be fully functional only then code can be generated" ...

so, it seems they only unlock the bootloader and not giving the code..

Last edited:

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Yup, sorry I'm not sure to all understand... how to "simply go to Settings/About and tap 7 times over the build number" if one time my phone unbricked, I'm stuck in the google account (FRP) ?

and it's not all, the guy from ministry of solutions just responded now and says : "with 4$ you cannot get the bootloader code because phone need to be fully functional only then code can be generated" ...

so, it seems they only unlock the bootloader and not giving the code..
Is your phone bricked that you cannot boot to Android/System?
In that case you can use DC Phoenix, they can unlock FRP and Bootloader and unbrick the phone but it will not cost 5 Euros but cca 15 (check on their site, ask them by mail)

If you can boot to Android, then do as described in my previous post to unlock OEM/FRP and to enable ADB - see also screenshots

Btw, if it is bricked:
- Power off, connect to PC, press and keep pressing Vol-, boot by Pow
- It will boot to Fastboot, take photo and post it to see are your FRP and Bootloader locked or unlocked

Also, once in Fastboot, execute the commands (one by one) from PC to see (and copy them back) where is your phone really:
Code:
fastboot oem get-bootinfo
fastboot oem get-product-model
fastboot getvar vendorcountry
fastboot oem get-build-number
fastboot oem oeminforead-SYSTEM_VERSION

Attachments

• IMG_20190601_160954.jpg
    IMG_20190601_160954.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_20190601_161259.jpg
    IMG_20190601_161259.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20190601_163027.png
    IMG_20190601_163027.png
    200.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

cashinobi

May 30, 2019
In that case you can use DC Phoenix, they can unlock FRP and Bootloader and unbrick the phone but it will not cost 5 Euros but cca 15 (check on their site, ask them by mail)

If you can boot to Android, then do as described in my previous post to unlock OEM/FRP and to enable ADB - see also screenshots

Btw, if it is bricked:
- It will boot to Fastboot, take photo and post it to see are your FRP and Bootloader locked or unlocked

Also, once in Fastboot, execute the commands (one by one) from PC to see (and copy them back) where is your phone really:
Code:
fastboot oem get-bootinfo
fastboot oem get-product-model
fastboot getvar vendorcountry
fastboot oem get-build-number
fastboot oem oeminforead-SYSTEM_VERSION

yup,
I asked to a guy from Dc phoenix and he told me in chat live it is 30$ to unbrick phone and unlock google and in ministry of solutions, it is 25$, but the thing is I just need to unlock bootloader code, and for that they ask 4$. I think I'm gonna pay for that tomorrow and after retry by myself to unbrick it in updating by sd card. But... in addition to being super nice to take time for me and answer me as detailed, you also can give me the "Huaweip9tool.rar" please :):):) I spent to much on it, new screen, battery, docking charge,...

And yes my p9 is bricked yes :( I cannot enter the phone..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/g7npME4rsiEkZngR9

I connected my phone to my pc and that is what I get in cmd :

C:\Users\CaShino Master\Desktop\adb>fastboot oem get-bootinfo
(bootloader) locked
OKAY [ 0.001s]
finished. total time: 0.002s

C:\Users\CaShino Master\Desktop\adb>fastboot oem get-product-model
(bootloader) EVA-L09
OKAY [ 0.003s]
finished. total time: 0.004s

C:\Users\CaShino Master\Desktop\adb>fastboot getvar vendorcountry
vendorcountry: vodafone/be

C:\Users\CaShino Master\Desktop\adb>fastboot oem get-build-number
(bootloader) :EVA-C900B136
OKAY [ 0.004s]

C:\Users\CaShino Master\Desktop\adb>fastboot oem oeminforead-SYSTEM_VERSION
FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.011s

Last edited:

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016

Btw, if it is bricked:

yup,
I asked to a guy from Dc phoenix and he told me in chat live it is 30$ to unbrick phone and unlock google and in ministry of solutions, it is 25$, but the thing is I just need to unlock bootloader code, and for that they ask 4$. I think I'm gonna pay for that tomorrow and after retry by myself to unbrick it in updating by sd card. But... in addition to being super nice to take time for me and answer me as detailed, you also can give me the "Huaweip9tool.rar" please :):):) I spent to much on it, new screen, battery, docking charge,...

And yes my p9 is bricked yes :( I cannot enter the phone..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/g7npME4rsiEkZngR9

I connected my phone to my pc and that is what I get in cmd :

C:\Users\CaShino Master\Desktop\adb>fastboot oem get-bootinfo
(bootloader) locked
OKAY [ 0.001s]
finished. total time: 0.002s

C:\Users\CaShino Master\Desktop\adb>fastboot oem get-product-model
(bootloader) EVA-L09
OKAY [ 0.003s]

C:\Users\CaShino Master\Desktop\adb>fastboot getvar vendorcountry
vendorcountry: vodafone/be

C:\Users\CaShino Master\Desktop\adb>fastboot oem get-build-number
(bootloader) :EVA-C900B136
OKAY [ 0.004s]

C:\Users\CaShino Master\Desktop\adb>fastboot oem oeminforead-SYSTEM_VERSION
FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.011s
Per screenshot, your Bootloader is locked (no bad, you just buy Bootloader code if you didn't keep it from previously)
BUT your FRP is locked and your phone is bricked, hence you cannot boot to Androud to unlock OEM=FRP to be able to unlock Bootloader

DC Phoenix can do all that for you, but if you don't want to pay their service, you will FIRST need to unbrick your phone, boot to Android (your c900b136) and to unlock OEM/FRP.
Only then you can unlock Bootloader and rebrand from c900 (c900 is dead end, there is no Nougat for that cust) to eg c432

BUT - your phone is on the supper ancient c900 b136. How come?
Did you follow some totally out-dated guide and flashed b136 (and bricked the phone)?

I have this P9 since 2017, and several times rolled back to MM, but always to c900 b182 (not even to c900 b160), and never had any problem (after that, rebranded back to c432 and upgraded to Nougat)

I shortly searched but didn't find still an active link where you can download the full c900 b136

IMO, in your shoes, I will fo for the full service from DC Phoenix...

Also, I don't have the rar tool you are looking for - I never used such a tool. IMO, it is more safe to manually use ADB/Fastboot.
Then, only sky is your limit, you can change/adapt Fastboot commands and flash whatever you need, knowing what exactly you are doing, and you are not limited to probably some out-dated options

----

In short, you have the following options:

a) DC Phoenix (unbricking, unlocking, upgrading to Nougat)

b) Only to buy Bootloader code, but then you must find somewhere EVA-L09c900b136 (maybe, c900 b160 or b182 could also do in your case, no guarantee), and install it by DLOAD (you cannot use TWRP because your FRP is locked so you cannot unlock the Bootloader to be able to flash TWRP).
Then, you will be able to boot to Androud, where you have to enable Developers menu and unlock OEM/FRP.
Then, you can unlock Bootloader.
Then, install TWRP for Huawei P9 MarshMallow.
Then, from TWRP to flash OEMInfo for c432, and finally you will be able to rebrand to c432 and to get OTA updates to Nougat.

I could provide you help for the subsequent steps, but not for reviving your c900b136 - never used it, don't have it and cannot find any trustworthy and active link to download it (it used to be on FirmwareFinder but they have recently removed most of the very old firmwares)

cashinobi

May 30, 2019
Hi,
as I told you, Dc phoenix asked me 30$ to unbrick and unlock my phone... so expansive as Ministry of solutions, who they just told me now that they cannot unlock my bootloader for 4$ because my phone is bricked, they really want me to spend the max for their services but it's too much for me.. But there must be a way to unbrick my phone without spending any money, if yes, what is it ? if I cannot buy a bootloader code..

And yes I followed a totally out-dated guide and flashed b136 :( this one :

https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/help/problem-flashing-stock-rom-eva-l09-t3721306

and I found here the b136 :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1GRb_CXjI1sVTBWX1RCMkYza2M

shame on me but I tried again now to put the dload folder of the b136 in my sd card and cannot update, still stuck on the logo.

And now I got this on the fastboot : https://photos.app.goo.gl/c96BTq6mREgbfd5w7

Also here there are plenty of update : http://huawei-firmware.com/phone-list/huawei-p9/eva-l09

question : what is the version of my android if my oem is c900b136 ?

Last edited:

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Hi,
as I told you, Dc phoenix asked me 30$ to unbrick and unlock my phone... so expansive as Ministry of solutions, who they just told me now that they cannot unlock my bootloader for 4$ because my phone is bricked, they really want me to spend the max for their services but it's too much for me.. But there must be a way to unbrick my phone without spending any money, if yes, what is it ? if I cannot buy a bootloader code..

And yes I followed a totally out-dated guide and flashed b136 :( this one :

https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/help/problem-flashing-stock-rom-eva-l09-t3721306

and I found here the b136 :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1GRb_CXjI1sVTBWX1RCMkYza2M

shame on me but I tried again now to put the dload folder of the b136 in my sd card and cannot update, still stuck on the logo.

And now I got this on the fastboot : https://photos.app.goo.gl/c96BTq6mREgbfd5w7

Also here there are plenty of update : http://huawei-firmware.com/phone-list/huawei-p9/eva-l09

question : what is the version of my android if my oem is c900b136 ?

To recapitulate, your phone:
- is bricked (you cannot boot to System=Android)
- FRP=OEM is locked (seen from your photo of the Fastboot screen)
- Bootloader is locked (seen both from Fastboot photo [it says Phone locked] and from Fastboot commands query)

Also, per your Fastboot query commands, your phone is currently on cust c900 (because you attempted to flash c900b136)

Cust c900 is some 'cross' cust, used only for rollbacks to EMUI 4.1 / Android 6 (Marshmallow), and there are no updates to EMUI 5 / Android 7 for cust c900

Therefore, you must do things in the following order:

i) Unbrick the phone = get it anyhow to boot to System (your current cust c900 with EMUI 4.1 / Android 6 (Marshmallow).
To be able to enable Developers menu and from there to unlock OEM.
There is no other way to unlock OEM=FRP (except for paying to DC Phoenix)

ii) Only when FRP will be unlocked, you will bevable to unlock Bootloader (of course, you will also need Bootloader code - but Bootloader code is not enough, you need both the code and FRP to be unlocked)

iii) Only when Bootloader will be unlocked, you will be able to install TWRP, to flash OEMInfo for c432 and to rebrand to c432 (or any other cust different from your current c900)

iv) Only when you rebrand from c900 (to eg European c432), you will start receiving OTA that will update you to EMUU 5 /Android 7 (Nougat).

There is no other way because (i) is needed for (ii), (ii) for (iii), (iii) for (iv)

Even if you agree to stay on EMUI 4.1 / Marshmallow (MM), you must unbrick your current c900 with b136 or higher.
Also, it must be FullOTA (if not from the name, FullOTAs can be recognized by size, they must be over 2 GB)

Don't attempt to flash any firmware with the cust different from c900 - you can only make things worse

This is why your last link is of not much use - they list firmwares but on the front page they only say like:
EVA-L08 b387
EVA-L09 b361
etc

When you click on EVA-L09 to open a download page for the particular FW, only there it says for which cXXX cust it is.
I browsed through several of them but I didn't find any to be:
- cust c900
- build b136 or higher
- FullOTA (2 GB or higher)

Even on the download page, for some it is not declared for which cust it is, only that it is from Australia or so (pretty unprofessional and risky, if somebody who is on eg c636 flashes their FW for c432, without having Bootloader opened, without TWRP and without OEMInfo for that new cust c432, he will brick his phone)

---

To summarize, you have no other way but (first) to make your phone boot to c900

Hence you must flash (again) FullOTA package for c900, b136 (or higher)

From the GDrive link you listed, I cannot see from the name
B136_full_update.zip, is it rall6y for c900 cust or else

It seems it is over 2 GB (like FullOTA) - you have downloaded, can you unzip and provide screenshots from the PC to see the structure (folders, files, names, sizes)

---

From another link you listed, it goes to
https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/help/problem-flashing-stock-rom-eva-l09-t3721306/post74887739

There, you have another download from Mega for dload-huawei-p9-eval09-eva-b136.zip, it's over 2 GB as FullOTA, but again name does not clarify is it really for the cust c900

In the post they say it should be for c900

But, in the post they describe how it must be flashed, in two DLOAD steps - did you flash it that way, in two steps?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts