• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Huawei P9 EVA-L09\EVA-L19\EVA-L29 Tool. Easy Unlock Bootloader and Flash Recovery.

Search This thread

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
How did you flash c900 b136?

Per instructions in
https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/help/problem-flashing-stock-rom-eva-l09-t3721306

it must be unzipped, and there it contains two update*.app files (I just downloaded from their Mega link, unzipped and as on screenshots, it indeed contains two such files

They must be flashed one by one by DLOAD method, as they describe in the post.

If you flashed only one, you must also flash the second

You must have SD card with /DLOAD folder (manage the SD card on your PC).
First put the first app (only that single file) to the DLOAD folder.
Phone must be switched off; press and keep pressing both Vol+ and Vol-, then boot by Pow.
Phone should automatically start DLOAD installation

Then do the same with the second app file.
You must delete first update.app and put instead the second update.app (delete the whole DLOAD folder and create the mew one to make sure something hidden will not remain in the folder).
It always goes update.app alone to the DLOAD folder, you should not copy the whole HW subfolder

PS: If you have questions about flashing them, don't hesitate to ask directly to that thread with instructions and download for b136 dload (asked the guy who posted)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190603-211030.png
    Screenshot_20190603-211030.png
    97.7 KB · Views: 128
  • Screenshot_20190603-211039.png
    Screenshot_20190603-211039.png
    78.1 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

cashinobi

May 30, 2019
How did you flash c900 b136?

Per instructions in
https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/help/problem-flashing-stock-rom-eva-l09-t3721306

it must be unzipped, and there it contains two update*.app files (I just downloaded from their Mega link, unzipped and as on screenshots, it indeed contains two such files

They must be flashed one by one by DLOAD method, as they describe in the post.

If you flashed only one, you must also flash the second

You must have SD card with /DLOAD folder (manage the SD card on your PC).
First put the first app (only that single file) to the DLOAD folder.
Phone must be switched off; press and keep pressing both Vol+ and Vol-, then boot by Pow.
Phone should automatically start DLOAD installation

Then do the same with the second app file.
You must delete first update.app and put instead the second update.app (delete the whole DLOAD folder and create the mew one to make sure something hidden will not remain in the folder).
It always goes update.app alone to the DLOAD folder, you should not copy the whole HW subfolder

PS: If you have questions about flashing them, don't hesitate to ask directly to that thread with instructions and download for b136 dload (asked the guy who posted)

Bim ! UNBRICKED :)

I just update with the first update.app and it was good ! I don't understand why it didn't pass before.. I also tried to update after with the second EUupdate always alone in the dload folder but this second didn't want to pass and failed at 5%, now I'm just stuck on the screen to unlock google, but my p9 is unbricked and thank you so much !!

So now, what can I do to unlock google? and to wich version I need to update (the last I suppose but what is this one) ?

If I well understood, I need to unlock the bootloader with a code (to buy or not would be great) before trying to unlock frp

Last edited:

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Bim ! UNBRICKED :)

I just update with the first update.app and it was good ! I don't understand why it didn't pass before.. I also tried to update after with the second EUupdate always alone in the dload folder but this second didn't want to pass and failed at 5%, now I'm just stuck on the screen to unlock google, but my p9 is unbricked and thank you so much !!

So now, what can I do to unlock google? and to wich version I need to update (the last I suppose but what is this one) ?

If I well understood, I need to unlock the bootloader with a code (to buy or not would be great) before trying to unlock frp
Good for you that phone is unbricked

I don't know what do you mean by unlocking Google, but please don't use suspicious tools and methods (outdated, for other phones, etc)

As described (and with screenshots) couple of times in previous posts, you can now easily (no tools required):
- enable Developers menu
- in Developers menu, enable OEM (aka FRP) unlock
- also enable ADB debugging in Charge only mode and USB debugging (in that order)

This is good to have because both ADB (over USB) and FRP make things easier if it happens that your phone goes brick ever again :)

---

By Settings / About, your phone is now on EVA-L09c900b136, isn't it

That means you are (back) on the old Android 6

With c900 you will never receive OTA updates for Nougat, hence you should consider rebranding to c432 and to update to b504/b505

For rebranding you will also need ADB and FRP unlocked, vut also to buy the Bootloader code to unlock

---

Again, I don't know what is wrong with your Google account(s), but now when the phone is unbricked you should be able to setup a Google account and start using Google apps and services

Don't use any (suspicious) tools... If anything goes wrong it will be good (and required) that you first unlock FRP and enable ADB debugging as mentioned above

Maybe you had set some strong authentication for your Google account and you are afraid you will not be able to authenticate now with the 'new'' phone.. Anyway, this is not part of debugging/unbricking your Huawei P9 but your Google account

You can register for new mail and Google account... Several phones can use the same Google account(s) - but be careful with Google authentication. You can also setup several Google accounts on the same phone

Particularly, I have two Google accounts and use them both on two active phones (and few more old and "retired' phones). I use only authentication over e-mail (not by phone number), hence I have no problems to authenticate that account(s) on any phone if/when I need

---

If you will consider rebranding and updating to Nougat, be aware that unlocking Bootloader automatically performs Hard Reset

Also, some newer firmwares automatically lock Bootloader again.
Keep the Bootloader code when you buy it, you can always use it for the same phone, but every time you go to unlock Bootloder it will Hard Reset (it stays on the same FW but wipes apps, accounts, Internal memory)

Hence it is futile to setup Google account(s), apps, etc now - you must first do all other things (ADB, FRP, Bootloader, Nougat) and once you finally settle with eg c432 b504, then start setting up accounts, apps, etc

cashinobi

May 30, 2019
Good for you that phone is unbricked

I don't know what do you mean by unlocking Google, but please don't use suspicious tools and methods (outdated, for other phones, etc)

As described (and with screenshots) couple of times in previous posts, you can now easily (no tools required):
- enable Developers menu
- in Developers menu, enable OEM (aka FRP) unlock
- also enable ADB debugging in Charge only mode and USB debugging (in that order)

This is good to have because both ADB (over USB) and FRP make things easier if it happens that your phone goes brick ever again :)

---

By Settings / About, your phone is now on EVA-L09c900b136, isn't it

That means you are (back) on the old Android 6

With c900 you will never receive OTA updates for Nougat, hence you should consider rebranding to c432 and to update to b504/b505

For rebranding you will also need ADB and FRP unlocked, vut also to buy the Bootloader code to unlock

---

Again, I don't know what is wrong with your Google account(s), but now when the phone is unbricked you should be able to setup a Google account and start using Google apps and services

Don't use any (suspicious) tools... If anything goes wrong it will be good (and required) that you first unlock FRP and enable ADB debugging as mentioned above

Maybe you had set some strong authentication for your Google account and you are afraid you will not be able to authenticate now with the 'new'' phone.. Anyway, this is not part of debugging/unbricking your Huawei P9 but your Google account

You can register for new mail and Google account... Several phones can use the same Google account(s) - but be careful with Google authentication. You can also setup several Google accounts on the same phone

Particularly, I have two Google accounts and use them both on two active phones (and few more old and "retired' phones). I use only authentication over e-mail (not by phone number), hence I have no problems to authenticate that account(s) on any phone if/when I need

---

If you will consider rebranding and updating to Nougat, be aware that unlocking Bootloader automatically performs Hard Reset

Also, some newer firmwares automatically lock Bootloader again.
Keep the Bootloader code when you buy it, you can always use it for the same phone, but every time you go to unlock Bootloder it will Hard Reset (it stays on the same FW but wipes apps, accounts, Internal memory)

Hence it is futile to setup Google account(s), apps, etc now - you must first do all other things (ADB, FRP, Bootloader, Nougat) and once you finally settle with eg c432 b504, then start setting up accounts, apps, etc

Yep, google account means I'm stuck at the frp, so cannot enter to enable develloper mode and debuging, I have no problem to hard reset, now I have nothing on the phone but I still can do anything with it, just chose language..

I always have this screen :

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XWPBGmCscghbyHNYA

"please login with one of the owner accounts of this device" and believe me the mail is good and the password too..

Do I have other solutions than PAY for unlock FRP ? because it's really impossible to unlock it with my mail, I tried 100 times..

And do I really need to buy a bootloader ?

and yes, I would like to rebranding and updating to nougat but I what is the right update.app and where to get it.. I would like to get the last if possible..

sorry, I'm from belgium, I undersdand all you explain to me and thank you to take time for me, really but there is a lot of information and I don't by where to start.. but stop me if I'm wrong, I have to find the c432 and then update to b504/b505

I found the c432 here : https://www.carbontesla.com/2018/02...ougat-firmware-update-europe-eva-l09-eva-l19/

Last edited:

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Yep, google account means I'm stuck at the frp, so cannot enter to enable develloper mode and debuging, I have no problem to hard reset, now I have nothing on the phone but I still can do anything with it, just chose language..

I always have this screen :
https://photos.app.goo.gl/XWPBGmCscghbyHNYA

"please login with one of the owner accounts of this device" and believe me the mail is good and the password too..

Do I have other solutions than PAY for unlock FRP ? because it's really impossible to unlock it with my mail, I tried 100 times..
What if xou setup that Google account (preventing FRP) on this P9 first.
If you cannot do that either, gmail account or password must be wrong.

But if you succeed to set that Google account to the phone, it must also allow you to unlock FRP

Also, try to do Factory reset from Settings, to remove the 'hidden' Google accounts (it will again ask you for the Google password)

IMO, you should also be able to go from PC or from another phone to Manage your account (assuming you have correct password and/or proper SIM card if Google was tied with SIM for authentication), to get that account un-tied from your P9

Otherwise, it should be impossible to do it, because this is a protection from resetting the stolen phone (FRP = Factory Reset Protection, it was first required by California low back in 200x)

Assume the phone is lost or stolen. That PIN or fingerprint was imposed for unlocking the screen.
A thief cannot enter to the System/Android

If FRP is locked and Google account was set, a thief who is not the owner of that Google account cannot perform Factory Reset from Recovery nor from eRecovery, hence the phone (except the SD card) is useless for him (except for the parts to disassemble)

---

However, there were two (or three) users who bought P9s over Internet, and previous owners did not remove their Google accounts from the phone.
Somehow buyers were not able to get in proper contact with sellers, to let them clean the phones from the old accounts.
And FRPs were locked

Although it sounds illegal, DC Phoenix were able to help the new owners to unlock FRPs (and there was no other way, don't know if Ministry of solutions can do the same)

Last edited:

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
And do I really need to buy a bootloader ?

And yes, I would like to rebranding and updating to nougat but I what is the right update.app and where to get it.. I would like to get the last if possible..

sorry, I'm from belgium, I undersdand all you explain to me and thank you to take time for me, really but there is a lot of information and I don't by where to start.. but stop me if I'm wrong, I have to find the c432 and then update to b504/b505
You cannot rebrand to c432 just by 'flashing' any c432 build, you need to:
1) unlock FRP
2) buy Bootloader code
3) unlock Bootloader (you need 1,2 for this)
4) install TWRP for EMUI 4.1 (you need 3 for this)
5) flash c432 OEMinfo from TWRP (you need 4 for this)
6) flash c432 b182 by DLOAD (but 5 must be completed before)

Hence you need all steps as listed, you cannot avoid unlocking FRP (step 1)
and buying Bootloader code

Follow this guide
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=72153575&postcount=2

There is only one problem, you have c900 with the older b136, while the guide assumes starting from c900 b182.
Probably, it will work for your c900 b182, too

But you may download and flash L09 c900 b182 from the points (7, 8) in this guide:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/development/rom-huawei-p9-magicrainbow-v3-t3722457/post75655371

Be careful here, the rest of that guide does not apply to you - only the points (7, 8) will help you to update L09 c900 from b136 to b182

After that, continue with the first guide rebranding from L09 c900 b182 to L09 c432 b182

Once on c432 b182, have a valid SIM and WiFi, you will start receiving OTA updates bringing you up to b50x

Last edited:

cashinobi

May 30, 2019
You cannot rebrand to c432 just by 'flashing' any c432 build, you need to:
1) unlock FRP
2) buy Bootloader code
3) unlock Bootloader (you need 1,2 for this)
4) install TWRP for EMUI 4.1 (you need 3 for this)
5) flash c432 OEMinfo from TWRP (you need 4 for this)
6) flash c432 b182 by DLOAD (but 5 must be completed before)

Hence you need all steps as listed, you cannot avoid unlocking FRP (step 1)
and buying Bootloader code

Follow this guide

There is only one problem, you have c900 with the older b136, while the guide assumes starting from c900 b182.
Probably, it will work for your c900 b182, too

But you may download and flash L09 c900 b182 from the points (7, 8) in this guide:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/development/rom-huawei-p9-magicrainbow-v3-t3722457/post75655371

Be careful here, the rest of that guide does not apply to you - only the points (7, 8) will help you to update L09 c900 from b136 to b182

After that, continue with the first guide rebranding from L09 c900 b182 to L09 c432 b182

Once on c432 b182, have a valid SIM and WiFi, you will start receiving OTA updates bringing you up to b50x

YESSS ! I spend 8$ to unlock FRP and 4$ to get a booloader code in Ministry of solutions, now I'm on the desk of my huawei P9 and follow what you told me above, will keep you informed of next steps

Last edited:

cashinobi

May 30, 2019
YESSS ! I spend 8$ to unlock FRP and 4$ to get a booloader code in Ministry of solutions, now I'm on the desk of my huawei P9 and follow what you told me above, will keep you informed of next steps

Yup, I'm on the C900b182 and try to update to C432, but in this guide :

but I don't have these 4 folders asked in step 4 :
2) Firmware b182 must be in dload folder (update.app 3,06 GB) Take the one for your device For EVA-L09 download full Firmware b182: http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/d...ull/update.zip
EVA-L19 can use same b182 - the Firmware works for both.
3) Unzipp oeminfo.emmc.zip - you get: oeminfo.emmc.win - this is the file what you need!
4) Store this file in following path on root of your external SD: \TWRP\BACKUPS\SNxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\C432\ (SNxxx folder must named with Serial Number of your phone and inside this folder copy the oeminfo.emmc.win

As you told me, Twrp is well installed and as I didn't find 4 folders :"\TWRP\BACKUPS\SNxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\C432", I created them where I put the "oeminfo.emmc.win", but when I go to restore (TWRP) in sd card, there is nothing, no folder no file.. Look :
https://photos.google.com/u/1/photo/AF1QipN2rN7aLlhdT2nw3-y9ZhS9tyZ3MOQqYb0-kpBM
https://photos.google.com/u/1/photo/AF1QipPlooCL8yqIH0wxOAcmwv5Z-wQJ8K7QGXRFfOL6

Last edited:

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Yup, I'm on the C900b182 and try to update to C432, but in this guide :

but I don't have these 4 folders asked in step 4 :
2) Firmware b182 must be in dload folder (update.app 3,06 GB) Take the one for your device For EVA-L09 download full Firmware b182: http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/d...ull/update.zip
EVA-L19 can use same b182 - the Firmware works for both.
3) Unzipp oeminfo.emmc.zip - you get: oeminfo.emmc.win - this is the file what you need!
4) Store this file in following path on root of your external SD: \TWRP\BACKUPS\SNxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\C432\ (SNxxx folder must named with Serial Number of your phone and inside this folder copy the oeminfo.emmc.win

As you told me, Twrp is well installed and as I didn't find 4 folders :"\TWRP\BACKUPS\SNxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\C432", I created them where I put the "oeminfo.emmc.win", but when I go to restore (TWRP) in sd card, there is nothing, no folder no file.. Look :
https://photos.google.com/u/1/photo/AF1QipN2rN7aLlhdT2nw3-y9ZhS9tyZ3MOQqYb0-kpBM
https://photos.google.com/u/1/photo/AF1QipPlooCL8yqIH0wxOAcmwv5Z-wQJ8K7QGXRFfOL6
You must manually create such nested folders.

Actually, from TWRP, make a Backup, select SD card for Storage, backup eg Boot partition (small, will be backed up quickly), and TWRP will create on your SD card the folders
/TWRP/BACKUPS/xx...x with the proper Serial Number for your phone.
Just create a subfolder C432 and copy in the oeminfo.emcc.win file

Your link goes to 404, URL not found, hence cannot see your picture

But guys, you can upload picture attachements directly to XDA, just take Go Advanced in browser when editing your posts, and select icon to Manage uploads

Also, you can make screenshots in TWRP, shortly and simultaneously press Vol- and Pow.
Screenshot will be created to /Pictures/Screenshots either to Internal memory or to SD card, depending what is your current Storage selected in TWRP

You say, you don't see folders you created - you probably did not select SD card for Storage (inside Backup/Restore), or did not name the foldres properly

Let TWRP itself create by Backup the three folders for you, to make sure they are properly named.
But make sure you select SD card for Storage

Also, OEMInfo is WIN file (not ZIP or IMG) you must flash it from Restore, not from Install in TWRP

Last edited:

cashinobi

May 30, 2019
YESSSSS

I'M FINALY ON C432B182 NOW!!

Yes I was trying to restore and not instal the oem.file but nothing appear, so I did how you say, make a backup of eg BOOT, what created all folders I needed and then copy the oemfile.win to a new folder \C432 created under the folder \sn********* and then the restore did with succes in TWRP.

After that I reboot with power +&- and did launched the update.app of the c432b182 from the SD card.

And bim!
kFti1iQR4F6wjwQv8

Tomorrow, I'm gonna put a sim card and hope to get last updates.

And Sorry, I am not able upload an image ?

Last edited:

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
YESSSSS

I'M FINALY ON C432B182 NOW!!

Yes I was trying to restore and not instal the oem.file but nothing appear, so I did how you say, make a backup of eg BOOT, what created all folders I needed and then copy the oemfile.win to a new folder \C432 created under the folder \sn********* and then the restore did with succes in TWRP.

After that I reboot with power +&- and did launched the update.app of the c432b182 from the SD card.

And bim!
kFti1iQR4F6wjwQv8

Tomorrow, I'm gonna put a sim card and hope to get last updates.

And Sorry, I am not able upload an image
OTAs should work but in case you would have problems, take a look at:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/help/help-huawei-p9-os-t3522346/post79622384

Screenshots are attached, how to attach them (order: 3, 1, 2)

Attachments

• IMG_20190606_080332.png
    IMG_20190606_080332.png
    203.9 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_20190606_080430.png
    IMG_20190606_080430.png
    146.1 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_20190606_082926.png
    IMG_20190606_082926.png
    148.8 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

cashinobi

May 30, 2019
OTAs should work but in case you would have problems, take a look at:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/help/help-huawei-p9-os-t3522346/post79622384

Screenshots are attached, how to attach them (order: 3, 1, 2)

Yup, after 5 or 6 updates I'm on c432b504 and it doesn't find any other update. But when I look on Google I find this website : https://huaweiflash.com/how-to-flash-huawei-p9-stock-firmware-all-firmwares/ other updates

Where I find 15 updates above the b504, as the b505. Can I update from there or do you have a website to download last official updates?

And sorry again, I'm really not able to upload picture from advanced mode, I don't have the pin icon like you..

Last edited:

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Yup, after 5 or 6 updates I'm on c432b504 and it doesn't find any other update. But when I look on Google I find this website : https://huaweiflash.com/how-to-flash-huawei-p9-stock-firmware-all-firmwares/ other updates

Where I find 15 updates above the b504, as the b505. Can I update from there or do you have a website to download last official updates?

And sorry again, I'm really not able to upload picture from advanced mode, I don't have the pin icon like you..
Better use Firmware Finder apps with official Huawei firmwares.
You can read Chanlog there, etc
Probably Voogle finds you private copies from there but you never know if files are really ok, for c432...

It depends on country/operator if you receive b505 OTA or not.

You may try eRecovery (see my previous post) if it gives you b505.
IMO, by Changelog, there is not much difference between b504 and b505.
Maybe not thrue but I read some reports that b505 drains battery, who knows (I'm on P9 debranded to AL10c00 with Oreo b540)

Since b505 is FullOTA- MF but without PV, you cannot manually update to b505 by DLOAD. It can be updated to b505 by HWOTA or HWOTA7 methods, though

Last edited:

cashinobi

May 30, 2019
Better use Firmware Finder apps with official Huawei firmwares.
You can read Chanlog there, etc
Probably Voogle finds you private copies from there but you never know if files are really ok, for c432...

It depends on country/operator if you receive b505 OTA or not.

You may try eRecovery (see my previous post) if it gives you b505.
IMO, by Changelog, there is not much difference between b504 and b505.
Maybe not thrue but I read some reports that b505 drains battery, who knows (I'm on P9 debranded to AL10c00 with Oreo b540)

Since b505 is FullOTA- MF but without PV, you cannot manually update to b505 by DLOAD. It can be updated to b505 by HWOTA or HWOTA7 methods, though

Yup, in erecovery, that ask me to update the full b504, so it is not use..

And sorry, I really don't know what is "debrand to AL10c00 with Oreo b540" it is better than b504 ? can I debrand my eva-l09 with oreo b540 ? is it only for OUT of europe firmware ?

and do you have a link to know how to update by HWOTA or HWOTA7 (really don't know what it is too..) ?

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Yup, in erecovery, that ask me to update the full b504, so it is not use..

And sorry, I really don't know what is "debrand to AL10c00 with Oreo b540" it is better than b504 ? can I debrand my eva-l09 with oreo b540 ? is it only for OUT of europe firmware ?

and do you have a link to know how to update by HWOTA or HWOTA7 (really don't know what it is too..) ?
By HWOTA you can manually upgrade from L09 c432 b504 to L09 c432 b505
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=75787151&postcount=2

HWOTA7 method is more powerful/versatile, it could be also used for such upgrading to b505, but it is actually part of the guide for rebranding to AL10 c00 and installing Oreo b540
https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/development/rebrand-update-tool-hwota7-p9-eva-t3820849

OP posts provide full description about rooting by Magisk, installing Network patch to make it working with 3G/4G worldwide (patch also includes debloating) and installing Face unlock add-on

As a result, you obtain full-blown internationally working Oreo (all languages, networks, Gapps) based on stock Chinese AL10 c00 b540 - year and a half ago Huawei originally said that upgrade to Oreo will be available worldwide for P9, but few months later they changed decision and provided upgrade to Oreo only for Chinese market ; so they left almost everything what was needed for eg c432 but made it disabled/hidden (some parts even removed) and provided OTA upgrade to Oreo (first version was b528) for Chinese models/custs only

Thanks mainly and hugely to @Tecalote (you already rebranded Marshmallow c900 to c432 by his guide, he also assembled HWOTA method), we can still enjoy that 'Chinese' Oreo (now the latest stock was b540) worldwide.

And once on stock Oreo, one can go for AOSP Treble Open Kirin custom Oreo/Pie ROMs: LineageOS, Ressurection Remix, Omni Pie
https://openkirin.net/user_guide/openkirin-rom-installation-instructions/
https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/development/roms-openkirin-aosp-collection-t3828806

Last edited:

cashinobi

May 30, 2019
By HWOTA you can manually upgrade from L09 c432 b504 to L09 c432 b505
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=75787151&postcount=2

HWOTA7 method is more powerful/versatile, it could be also used for such upgrading to b505, but it is actually part of the guide for rebranding to AL10 c00 and installing Oreo b540
https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/development/rebrand-update-tool-hwota7-p9-eva-t3820849

OP posts provide full description about rooting by Magisk, installing Network patch to make it working with 3G/4G worldwide (patch also includes debloating) and installing Face unlock add-on

As a result, you obtain full-blown internationally working Oreo (all languages, networks, Gapps) based on stock Chinese AL10 c00 b540 - year and a half ago Huawei originally said that upgrade to Oreo will be available worldwide for P9, but few months later they changed decision and provided upgrade to Oreo only for Chinese market ; so they left almost everything what was needed for eg c432 but made it disabled/hidden (some parts even removed) and provided OTA upgrade to Oreo (first version was b528) for Chinese models/custs only

Thanks mainly and hugely to @Tecalote (you already rebranded Marshmallow c900 to c432 by his guide, he also assembled HWOTA method), we can still enjoy that 'Chinese' Oreo (now the latest stock was b540) worldwide.

And once on stock Oreo, one can go for AOSP Treble Open Kirin custom Oreo/Pie ROMs: LineageOS, Ressurection Remix, Omni Pie
https://openkirin.net/user_guide/openkirin-rom-installation-instructions/
https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/development/roms-openkirin-aosp-collection-t3828806

Thanks, for links and nice explanations :good::)

And about the use of the battery (better than b505), the use and the fluidity of the system, is this better according to you? do you see a considerable change and would you advise me?

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Thanks, for links and nice explanations :good::)

And about the use of the battery (better than b505), the use and the fluidity of the system, is this better according to you? do you see a considerable change and would you advise me?
Everybody says that b540 Oreo is better on battery than Nougat firmwares

There were some issues with notifications in deep sleep (b528, b535, b539), but now they work excellent with b540 and latest patch from Tecalote

Only VoLTE is not working, but it affects only those who really have VoLTE service with their providers

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
No working
Can you please upload again
I was not familiar with this tool (and I'm in favour of using direct adb/fastboot commands through the console, instead of working with them through the batch scripts, aka tools), but if this one is no more available, there is another tool, SRK - also abandoned now but widely used and working fine time ago:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mate-8/development/tool-srk-tool-huawei-t3369797

In another thread, a user recently used it for rebranding and upgrading...

Top Liked Posts