Huawei Partition Kit - Enlarge system partition

Search This thread

AltairFR

Apr 22, 2021
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
Honor 9

Huawei Partition Kit

This kit allows you to enlarge/reduce (2Go->5Go) the system partition on a Huawei kirin 65x, 960 or 970 phone. You can do it from a Huawei android 9 rom, a Lineage 18.1, 19.1, 20, or an AOSP 11,12 or 13. The kit reinstalls all the partitions, so if you are for example under the huawei stock rom, you come back under the huawei stock rom but with more space for the system. It has been tested on a dozen models (PRA, ANE, STF, POT, FIG, AGS, etc.) under EMUI 8, 9 or 9.1.

It supports erofs partitions.

WARNING:
RUN THIS TOOL CLEAR ALL DATA FILES IN YOUR DEVICES. IF POSSIBLE, DO A BACKUP FIRST. USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK, I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BROKEN RELATED TO IT.

USE ONLY OFFICIAL ADB version 1.0.41 or superior. To verify :
adb version

1695276211603.png

You can download it here :

Installation
1) Unzip the zip file on your PC.
2) In the kit directory, read the readme file in the language of your choice (french, english, russian) and execute the step

Version
Last version is 0.62

Requisites
Custom twrp
10 Go free on your PC

Download
Here

Last edited:

AltairFR

Apr 22, 2021
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
Honor 9

Great Dragon

Mar 17, 2017
Thank you dear friend, it really works. I managed to increase the system partition on Huawei Nova 2s on Kirin 960 from 2700mb to 3500mb. In the HWGSIPartition program, I got errors, as I understand it in section B, but in the end everything went well.I wanted to ask you how much you can increase the system partition, in the HWGSIPartition program, there is a figure of 5GB.

Attachments

• IMG_20230129_205751.jpg
    IMG_20230129_205751.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 465

AltairFR

Apr 22, 2021
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
Honor 9
Thank you dear friend, it really works. I managed to increase the system partition on Huawei Nova 2s on Kirin 960 from 2700mb to 3500mb. In the HWGSIPartition program, I got errors, as I understand it in section B, but in the end everything went well.I wanted to ask you how much you can increase the system partition, in the HWGSIPartition program, there is a figure of 5GB.
Hi great dragon

I have fix errors, in my build of yesterday. To correct on your phone, just flash preavs, preas img in your twrp.
You can also flash with dd tools

Reactions: ionelbumbaru

XDXDDX

thank you for an awesome tool. sometimes my stock recovery fails to format but on second attemp it works well. this was a life saving and good relief for huawei device with small system size. now everyone could flash pe a13 etc etc. thank you.

Reactions: AltairFR

RickeF

Feb 10, 2020
Redmi Note 10
Hi,
I'm trying to install your LeaOS rom on my P8lite 2017. The phone is unblocked, and I a have already install TWRP. The actually rom is EMUI 8.0.0.410 than I'm trying to reinstall the system partition like you said, before installing your LeaOS.
I saw the Readme.txt where I read than I have to run a script by cmd. I guess it works on Windows system. I'm a Linux user, so I wonder if this script could work on Linux?

AltairFR

Apr 22, 2021
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
Honor 9
Hi,
I'm trying to install your LeaOS rom on my P8lite 2017. The phone is unblocked, and I a have already install TWRP. The actually rom is EMUI 8.0.0.410 than I'm trying to reinstall the system partition like you said, before installing your LeaOS.
I saw the Readme.txt where I read than I have to run a script by cmd. I guess it works on Windows system. I'm a Linux user, so I wonder if this script could work on Linux?
Script is only a dos script, but you can adapt it to bash syntax

jbbandos

May 26, 2010
Brussels
Having had terrible experiences in the past resizing the partitions on my Mediapad M5, I am a bit afraid of trying your tool. Has anyone tested it on a Kirin 960s CMR-W09 with android 9/EMUI 9.1.0?

Skole

Feb 27, 2023
Hello, I've made it to the "5-FlashIMG.cmd" but I can't find that script to execute in the download folder up above. I'm new to this so its most likely I missed something.
I'd appreciate some help! :)

Skole

Feb 27, 2023
*Edit I figured it out. I'm just unexperienced.
Thanks AltairFR for quick reply again. Cheers

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2015
!Solved
the script got stuck in middle, asking for yes or no input. after that device is unable to boot or even restore from e-recovery. is there any way to revert the changes done by this script?

Last edited:

AltairFR

Apr 22, 2021
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
Honor 9
!Solved
the script got stuck in middle, asking for yes or no input. after that device is unable to boot or even restore from e-recovery. is there any way to revert the changes done by this script?
You can effectively restore from E-Recovery or with dload method.
But do you have log ?
Original img are in the HW-IMG folder..perhaps just flash it with twrp or fastboot cmd

zhyzhyzhy1216

Apr 11, 2023
Hello, can this tool be used on my Honor 6x (BLN)?Because the system of this phone is too small, only 2457MB, I can't flash dotos, thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Huawei Partition Kit

This kit allows you to enlarge/reduce (2Go->5Go) the system partition on a Huawei kirin 65x, 960 or 970 phone. You can do it from a Huawei android 9 rom, a Lineage 18.1, 19.1, 20, or an AOSP 11,12 or 13. The kit reinstalls all the partitions, so if you are for example under the huawei stock rom, you come back under the huawei stock rom but with more space for the system. It has been tested on a dozen models (PRA, ANE, STF, POT, FIG, AGS, etc.) under EMUI 8, 9 or 9.1.

It supports erofs partitions.

WARNING:
    RUN THIS TOOL CLEAR ALL DATA FILES IN YOUR DEVICES. IF POSSIBLE, DO A BACKUP FIRST. USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK, I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BROKEN RELATED TO IT.

USE ONLY OFFICIAL ADB version 1.0.41 or superior. To verify :
    adb version

1695276211603.png

You can download it here :

Installation
    1) Unzip the zip file on your PC.
    2) In the kit directory, read the readme file in the language of your choice (french, english, russian) and execute the step

Version
    Last version is 0.62

Requisites
    Custom twrp
    10 Go free on your PC

Download
    Here
    Hello dear friend.. Very good job! I wanted to know if it is possible to increase the system partition to more than 5GB? The fact is that the GSI firmware, especially on the A14, becomes fatter and thicker if you stretch them to convert them to RW; their volume already exceeds 5GB even after compression by the command
    Code:
    resize2fs -M system.img
    @AltairFR
    I just wanted to say "Thank you" because this is a critical and complex process, but your scripts are so well written and described, that it is almost easy! 🙏
    This gave my Huawei Mate 9 a new life! (y)