Huawei S7-301u and CyanogenMod. Didn't know Android modding was this hard.

Search This thread

VerpinZal

Dec 13, 2022
Long story short, obtained said device from somewhere and decided to experiment on it, and to survey the modding scene a bit while at it. Yeesh. What happened after that, in summary:

Found XDA. Then found after_silence's roms. Downloaded them.

In the process, I learned how to setup adb and how to make Windows recognize this outdated device's drivers. Now I can do these with my eyes closed.

Flashed TWRP 2.3.2.3. Installed as's first mod with gapps package. But something was wrong, google apps showed only stupid ad-like results after every search. Wiped it and continued searching for other mods. Stumbled upon this. Downloaded the latest one. Flashed it. When I tried to install the gapps package there, twrp said not enough storage to install gapps package. I learned how to use gapps-config file. To no avail. Experimented with each one, including the aokp ones. They were stable, but main menu was like 5 fps. And most of the time, google play stopped. Clock stopped. Trebuchet stopped. Even if nothing stopped, something stopped, sooner or later.

At last, I installed these: cm11 20140419 and gapps lp 20141109. Google continued to show stupid results. Uninstalled google play updates, restarted, it updated itself. Now, all seems stable enough, only with the never before seen, ridiculously stupid glitch of all:

The device restarts if it goes to sleep. Yeah, the screen dims, dims... and restart. Pressing power button once directly reboots the device. There's no sleep - either the screen stays on until the battery drains, or restarts.

At this point I can gladly get on my knees to beg someone for a solution, or for someone to please tell me, "here, these are the latest and HASSLE-FREE android 5.x rom and suitable gapps package".

Please.

Huckleberry88

Jun 30, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S5
Apple iPhone 12
At last, I installed these: cm11 20140419 and gapps lp 20141109. Google continued to show stupid results. Uninstalled google play updates, restarted, it updated itself. Now, all seems stable enough, only with the never before seen, ridiculously stupid glitch of all:

The device restarts if it goes to sleep. Yeah, the screen dims, dims... and restart. Pressing power button once directly reboots the device. There's no sleep - either the screen stays on until the battery drains, or restarts.

Hi @VerpinZal,

I installed that CM11 version as well, but without gapps (using F-Droid instead).
Cannot reproduce the restart instead of sleep. Screen dims, turns off ... and turns on again w/o any restart.

Cheers!

Edit:

After factory reset @ cwm recovery I was able to flash CM12.1 w/o any issues as well.
Instead of gapps I installed f-droid and aurora store.
A Logitech diNovo Mini helps me to overcome the broken touch function. It connects automatically to the Mediapad via BT after booting up.

Last edited: