Huawei U8860 Bluetooth functions missing- any ideas?

Search This thread

plusman2

Sep 15, 2011
HI,

I hope this is the right forum for this.

I recently purchased a new Huawei Honor U8860 phone which updated to the latest firmware version provided by Huawei (4.0.3) during the setup.

When I tried to connect it by bluetooth to my cars communication system (BMW) it connected OK, but some of the functionality that I used to have with my old Nokia N97 was missing - specifically it was unable to read SMS or emails via the bluetooth.

When I went into the advanced bluetooth settings (Settings -> Wireless & networks -> Bluetooth settings -> Advanced Settings ) there was no SMS, Message or Email options (only OPP (Object Push), PBAP (Phonebook Access) and Test Mode).

When I spoke with a friend who has the same phone he said that it used to be able to read messages via his cars bluetooth, but not since the firmware upgrade.

I've contacted Huawei but they are very poor at responding.

Does anybody know how I ccan resolve this issue? Is there an alternative ROM that I can use that will keep the functionality I have but add in the SMS/email over bluetooth functionality.

Many thanks for your help

usman_fareed

Jul 16, 2012
Peshawar
HI,

I recently purchased a new Huawei Honor U8860 phone which updated to the latest firmware version provided by Huawei (4.0.3) during the setup.

When I tried to connect it by bluetooth to my cars communication system (BMW) it connected OK, but some of the functionality that I used to have with my old Nokia N97 was missing - specifically it was unable to read SMS or emails via the bluetooth.

When I went into the advanced bluetooth settings (Settings -> Wireless & networks -> Bluetooth settings -> Advanced Settings ) there was no SMS, Message or Email options (only OPP (Object Push), PBAP (Phonebook Access) and Test Mode).

When I spoke with a friend who has the same phone he said that it used to be able to read messages via his cars bluetooth, but not since the firmware upgrade.

Does anybody know how I ccan resolve this issue? Is there an alternative ROM that I can use that will keep the functionality I have but add in the SMS/email over bluetooth functionality.

try to factory reset hope it will solve your problem

farhatmasood

Jan 31, 2011
Install the BT app for U8860

HI,

You may try to install the BT app for Huawei U8860. Since, I may infer that you are onto ICS 4.0.3 so you might get that app easily for Huawei.