Huawei Watch GT 2 custom faces

Search This thread

Asha'man

Dec 5, 2011
I used that one and I managed to get the upload watch face button but as i said earlier I get an error message saying : "Watchface is for a newer version. Update your device or select another device" when I am trying to install the .hwt file I have created using Huawei watchface designer . The watch is GT2 and the watchface is for GT2. Any idea why?

kosmita1993

May 1, 2014
Wiśnicz Mały
I used that one and I managed to get the upload watch face button but as i said earlier I get an error message saying : "Watchface is for a newer version. Update your device or select another device" when I am trying to install the .hwt file I have created using Huawei watchface designer . The watch is GT2 and the watchface is for GT2. Any idea why?
you must unpack description.xml from hwt, then modify it to change version from 2.8 to 2.7. Then upload new xml onto HWT archive and it is ready ;)

Asha'man

Dec 5, 2011
you must unpack description.xml from hwt, then modify it to change version from 2.8 to 2.7. Then upload new xml onto HWT archive and it is ready ;)
Hello Kosmita and thnx a lot for ur help. We went one step forward but not all the way it seems.
The version inside the xml file was 2.8.5. I tried first changing it to 2.7 and then to 2.7.5 and then repacked and tried to upload the watchface but both times although I got no error, nothing else happened either. I did upload another custom watchface I dowloaded from somewhere else and when I pressed install it showed a percentage bar during the upload. This time there was nothing. I did try deleting the custom watchface i had installed previously and then re-uploading mine but still no use.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks once more for the help.

kosmita1993

May 1, 2014
Wiśnicz Mały
Hello Kosmita and thnx a lot for ur help. We went one step forward but not all the way it seems.
The version inside the xml file was 2.8.5. I tried first changing it to 2.7 and then to 2.7.5 and then repacked and tried to upload the watchface but both times although I got no error, nothing else happened either. I did upload another custom watchface I dowloaded from somewhere else and when I pressed install it showed a percentage bar during the upload. This time there was nothing. I did try deleting the custom watchface i had installed previously and then re-uploading mine but still no use.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks once more for the help.
Use IZArc and simply drag xml and move into HWT. Do not pack all files to new archive, use that one that you have - HWT downloaded from net.

Last digit is not important - no matter if 2.7.1 or 2.7.9. First number: 2- says that face is for 454x454 screen. Second is WF version: 1 for GT1, 3-7 for gt2 and 8 for PRO. BUT REMEMBER THAT VERSION CONTAIN ALL THREE DIGITS, you can't name it 2.7 - it is wrong. Name it 2.7.1.

Asha'man

Dec 5, 2011
Use IZArc and simply drag xml and move into HWT. Do not pack all files to new archive, use that one that you have - HWT downloaded from net.

Last digit is not important - no matter if 2.7.1 or 2.7.9. First number: 2- says that face is for 454x454 screen. Second is WF version: 1 for GT1, 3-7 for gt2 and 8 for PRO. BUT REMEMBER THAT VERSION CONTAIN ALL THREE DIGITS, you can't name it 2.7 - it is wrong. Name it 2.7.1.
Oh my my, indeed that was the solution. Thanks a lot my friend. Finally managed to upload the watchface I wanted . :-D

Top Liked Posts