Huawei_P20Pro_B131_Camera for treble roms

Search This thread

youtuber123

Sep 12, 2012
HERE IS THE HUAWEI P20 PRO CAMERA AND LIBS EXTRACTED FROM .128A FW.

-INSTALL YOUR TREBLE ROM

-GO TO TWRP AND FLASH Huawei P20 Pro Camera App for treble roms.zip

Huawei P20 Pro Camera App for treble roms
Does the gallery works after taking a Pic or we have a black screen?

Sent from my HUAWEI BKL-L09 using XDA Labs

kenkino555

Jul 15, 2017
Kuching
Gallery photo preview not working

I am on Lineage OS rom on p20 pro. Everything with this camera is working EXCEPT for after taking a picture, when I tap on the photo gallery preview at the bottom left circle of the camera app screen, it goes into a black screen. The only way if I want to view the pics that I took is if I open manually the gallery app itself. Is there a fix to this issue please? I want to view the pics that I took within the camera app itself instead of manually switching into the gallery app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_Camera_20180603-093608.jpg
    Screenshot_Camera_20180603-093608.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 3,171

casley79

Apr 25, 2009
I am on Lineage OS rom on p20 pro. Everything with this camera is working EXCEPT for after taking a picture, when I tap on the photo gallery preview at the bottom left circle of the camera app screen, it goes into a black screen. The only way if I want to view the pics that I took is if I open manually the gallery app itself. Is there a fix to this issue please? I want to view the pics that I took within the camera app itself instead of manually switching into the gallery app.

Same here

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool

Have you installed the Huawei gallery app?

If not then that's probably your issue

MrDanMak

Oct 11, 2017
London
The gallery issue is something present across all Kirin devices running Lineage/Treble ROMs. I don't think a simple install of the gallery app will help as there are certain missing files associated with it but I'm unsure as to what those files are.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Do you have the Huawei gallery app?
Cheers

I do have the gallery application, will it work though?

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

The gallery issue is something present across all Kirin devices running Lineage/Treble ROMs. I don't think a simple install of the gallery app will help as there are certain missing files associated with it but I'm unsure as to what those files are.

Have you got the Huawei gallery application?

I think it would be good to try it prior to writing it off, otherwise what could the issue be?

MrDanMak

Oct 11, 2017
London
I do have the gallery application, will it work though?

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Have you got the Huawei gallery application?

I think it would be good to try it prior to writing it off, otherwise what could the issue be?

I don't have it no, but I would imagine it would be the same as users of the Mate 10, P10 etc. are experiencing.

I had tried with my P10 to install the EMUI gallery app in the past and although it installed it just failed to open (fc everytime).

Not rooted on my P20 Pro so I'm not sure I can pull the Gallery app from the priv-app folder (assuming it's located there).

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
I don't have it no, but I would imagine it would be the same as users of the Mate 10, P10 etc. are experiencing.

I had tried with my P10 to install the EMUI gallery app in the past and although it installed it just failed to open (fc everytime).

Not rooted on my P20 Pro so I'm not sure I can pull the Gallery app from the priv-app folder (assuming it's located there).

Ok so something would need to be done to get the gallery app functional but i'm pretty sure that that is how you're going to be able to view straight from the camera app, maybe there's some other part to it which has to be present, i'm not too sure.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HERE IS THE HUAWEI P20 PRO CAMERA AND LIBS FROM .131 FW.

-INSTALL YOUR TREBLE ROM

-GO TO TWRP AND FLASH Huawei P20 Pro Camera App for treble roms.zip

Huawei_P20Pro_B131_Camera for treble roms
    Your Huawei phone has two frameworks. One is the basic Android framework, the other one is Huawei proprietary. Many vendors have their own proprietary framework so that is pretty much expected. The problem when trying to port individual apps out of a propriety framework is the location of the Java classes needed. The camera app itself is actually compiled by Huawei to run independently so the library files can be located on the product or vendor partitions. The gallery, however, looks to be calling a class stored in the Services.jar file which needs to be compiled for the specific OS.

Even if you were to decompile the Services jar to pull out the classes needed they would still need to be compiled into the new ROM. That causes hassles both programmatically and legally so unless your planning to build something like LOS yourself from source to bake in the code necessary to get that one Gallery app working you're probably out of luck.
    The camera quality is the same as stock? Huge if true. The only reason why I stick to stock roms is for the cam.
    Yes it is
    Hello! I'm on .156 version. The camera in my opinion was better in .131 can I install this mod?

Yea I'm on 162 and it still works. Portrait doesn't though. I flashed the one in the treble ROMs section and that's much better.

There is a bloody message up the top though and no settings for video / camera. But then I flashed it after this mod so maybe that's why.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone