• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Huge battery drain on Android 11

Search This thread

numerci

May 26, 2013
Hello,

A few weeks ago I have updated my S10 SM-G973F from Android 10 to Android 11 with the official version that came over OTA. Since then a huge battery drain started and this appears only after I manually check for new Firmware update or if the phone does this automatically. The battery drain stops after restarting the phone. Clearly the OTA update process started to have issues.

Does anyone else have this issue? Also any hints how to resolve this (resetting the phone is not an option).

Thanks

amal1205

Aug 10, 2014
Thrissur, Kerala
Hello,

A few weeks ago I have updated my S10 SM-G973F from Android 10 to Android 11 with the official version that came over OTA. Since then a huge battery drain started and this appears only after I manually check for new Firmware update or if the phone does this automatically. The battery drain stops after restarting the phone. Clearly the OTA update process started to have issues.

Does anyone else have this issue? Also any hints how to resolve this (resetting the phone is not an option).

Thanks
Try to find the apps that drains your Battery in the Battery Manager and Kill those. Also try to Kill background services which may have came as a part of Software Update which is draining your battery.

Even you can try to install Greenify app which helps in removing Background Apps/Services

Link for Greenify App : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oasisfeng.greenify&hl=en_IN&gl=US

numerci

May 26, 2013
The battery manager doesn't show any app that uses more battery than usual. This is the thing I do not like on android since version 9... only the installed apps are listed but the systems apps are not listed as using any battery.

I will have a look over Greenify. In the meantime I have clear the data and cache for the update apps. Maybe it helps.

Last edited:

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Try clearing system cache.
Clear updates data.
You could disable updates.
Hard reset; reload the OS. Best practice after a major firmware update.

numerci

May 26, 2013
Cleaning of the cache has not helped but I have found a solution. I have restricted the background usage for the update process so it only starts when I manually trigger it. At least now the battery drain starts only when I manually trigger the update. Of course after I do this I am also restarting the phone to resolve the problem.

Reactions: blackhawk
Mar 30, 2010
Cleaning of the cache has not helped but I have found a solution. I have restricted the background usage for the update process so it only starts when I manually trigger it. At least now the battery drain starts only when I manually trigger the update. Of course after I do this I am also restarting the phone to resolve the problem.
I know this was a while ago, but can you explain how to disable background checking for updates? I've been dealing with this battery drain for months and it's crazy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.