• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Huge battery drain when sleep tracking after updating to R860XXU1CUJ2

Search This thread

Lefty_Kas

Aug 18, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 5s
Xiaomi Mi 8
Hey there. I am noticing a big battery drain on my GW 4 40MM Bluetooth when I am going to sleep, for example last night I've gone to sleep with 83% of battery left and in the middle of the night the watch died, the same thing the night before. Normally I would get about 20-25% loss with previous firmware

This problem started after I updated to R860XXU1CUJ2. The strange thing is that I am not noticing bad battery life when I wear the watch in the day (maybe a little more draining compared to previous firmware), also note that I am just using regular sleep tracking not O2 or snore detection even though I have used this options with the previous firmware and still I had battery when I woke up.

Does anyone else has big battery drains when sleep tracking and also is there an official site where I can make a ticket?

Thanks!

1634980274863.png

Lefty_Kas

Aug 18, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 5s
Xiaomi Mi 8

DaReDeViL

Forum Moderator / Inactive Recognized Developer
Staff member
Jul 15, 2009
Rabat
Samsung Galaxy S21
I also posted here: https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyWatch/comments/qe1eyb
I turn off Bluetooth at night and I want to try if keeping it on does anything, because as you can see from my screenshot it uses Wifi and maybe this affects the battery life at night. Do you keep Bluetooth on or off?
I would say you've got your answer. If you have enabled the option to continue receiving notifications via wifi or lte then turning off Bluetooth will inevitably use wifi all the time and result in high battery drain, most probably...

Last edited:
Reactions: fliptwister

mrshm

Jul 17, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Hey there. I am noticing a big battery drain on my GW 4 40MM Bluetooth when I am going to sleep, for example last night I've gone to sleep with 83% of battery left and in the middle of the night the watch died, the same thing the night before. Normally I would get about 20-25% loss with previous firmware

This problem started after I updated to R860XXU1CUJ2. The strange thing is that I am not noticing bad battery life when I wear the watch in the day (maybe a little more draining compared to previous firmware), also note that I am just using regular sleep tracking not O2 or snore detection even though I have used this options with the previous firmware and still I had battery when I woke up.

Does anyone else has big battery drains when sleep tracking and also is there an official site where I can make a ticket?

Thanks!

View attachment 5439437
Same problem here. In this update, I think the Watch WiFi is set on when I turn the phone WiFi or data off. It's not happening before this update.

Reactions: Lefty_Kas

fliptwister

May 12, 2010
I turn off Bluetooth at night and I want to try if keeping it on does anything, because as you can see from my screenshot it uses Wifi and maybe this affects the battery life at night. Do you keep Bluetooth on or off?
I agree with DaReDeViL. You have your answer. Why do you turn off BT and leave on wifi? Wifi uses significantly more power. I'm on newer DUJA but I saw no issues with CUJA which I ran for several weeks. I have sleep tracking on without O2 or snore detection. I don't have BT or wifi on when I sleep though. I have no desire to get notifications when I sleep, I want to sleep. I actually use bedtime mode when I sleep. I loose between 4 - 6 % of battery when I sleep (I average about 7 hours). This has remained fairly consistent with every update.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I agree with DaReDeViL. You have your answer. Why do you turn off BT and leave on wifi? Wifi uses significantly more power. I'm on newer DUJA but I saw no issues with CUJA which I ran for several weeks. I have sleep tracking on without O2 or snore detection. I don't have BT or wifi on when I sleep though. I have no desire to get notifications when I sleep, I want to sleep. I actually use bedtime mode when I sleep. I loose between 4 - 6 % of battery when I sleep (I average about 7 hours). This has remained fairly consistent with every update.
    Same here, happened to me twice already , can't track it back other than sleep mode
    I also posted here: https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyWatch/comments/qe1eyb
    I would say you've got your answer. If you have enabled the option to continue receiving notifications via wifi or lte then turning off Bluetooth will inevitably use wifi all the time and result in high battery drain, most probably...

Thanks!

View attachment 5439437
    Same problem here. In this update, I think the Watch WiFi is set on when I turn the phone WiFi or data off. It's not happening before this update.