• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Huge problem!!!

Search This thread

hollowground

Sep 10, 2005
I recieved my tilt from Amazon roughly aweek ago. Everything was going fine up until not to long ago. The screen stopped registering any screen taps from the stylus or my finger while everything else worked just fine. I reset the unit a few times hoping to resolve the issue. Nothing. THEN I made the big mistake of hard resetting the unit. Now i get to the calibration screen and no further. Anyone got any ideas? Any idea where I can take this to get looked at? i was contemplating sending it to Amazon as defective but ive already flashed the HTC Rom to it shortly after recieving it. Am I completely screwed? Help!!

weasel

Apr 13, 2005
I recieved my tilt from Amazon roughly aweek ago. Everything was going fine up until not to long ago. The screen stopped registering any screen taps from the stylus or my finger while everything else worked just fine. I reset the unit a few times hoping to resolve the issue. Nothing. THEN I made the big mistake of hard resetting the unit. Now i get to the calibration screen and no further. Anyone got any ideas? Any idea where I can take this to get looked at? i was contemplating sending it to Amazon as defective but ive already flashed the HTC Rom to it shortly after recieving it. Am I completely screwed? Help!!
you could try reflashing the original ROM

hollowground

Sep 10, 2005
Yeah, I tried that shortly after making my original post. Still nothing. I'm curious if the cable for the digitizer came loose somehow (no idea how though) or if it is an actual hard ware issue.

I thought something was wierd when it was working though. When I used the stylus the taps were very inaccurate recently. More so towards the upper hight hand corner of the screen. Calibrated it a few times hoping to correct it but it was always slightly off still. Then it just stopped working all together.I thought it had something to do with my screen protector but after removal was still a no go.

Luckily I am still able to make phone calls thanks to the slide out keyboard. Not sure if it rings or anything when I recieve one though. Still stuck at the calibration screen :( Any other ideas?

What size star key is needed to disassemble the tilt/tytn II? I may try taking a look inside to see whats up.

Last edited:

captainsensible2002

Dec 13, 2005
York
Yeah, I tried that shortly after making my original post. Still nothing. I'm curious if the cable for the digitizer came loose somehow (no idea how though) or if it is an actual hard ware issue.

I thought something was wierd when it was working though. When I used the stylus the taps were very inaccurate recently. More so towards the upper hight hand corner of the screen. Calibrated it a few times hoping to correct it but it was always slightly off still. Then it just stopped working all together.I thought it had something to do with my screen protector but after removal was still a no go.

Luckily I am still able to make phone calls thanks to the slide out keyboard. Not sure if it rings or anything when I recieve one though. Still stuck at the calibration screen :( Any other ideas?

What size star key is needed to disassemble the tilt/tytn II? I may try taking a look inside to see whats up.

If you're stuck at the calibration screen after a hard reset, how are you able to receive calls? Surely the reset hasn't completed?!?

Also, if you have reflashed to the original ROM, and thats now stuck also, then it has least got the correct ROM image on the device, thus allowing you to return it for a replacement.

Still a little confused about how you're able to use it at all though...

hollowground

Sep 10, 2005
i honestly though it wierd myself. after flashing back to the original rom. at the calibration screen if i slide out the keyboard, press the talk button , close then reopen the keyboard, it lets me dial out using the number keys on the keyboard.
I can actually make out the home page behind the calibration screen as the screen reorientates itself.

edited Well I've no idea what just happened but the screen just stared working again out of the blue. My dog jumped on the bed n stepped on it ant the cursor moved. Very weird. Damn I'm lucky. lol Thanks for the input guys. Lets just hope it doesn't happen again XD

Last edited:

ashmont

Apr 13, 2007
Could be grit between the screen and frame

One of my friends had an XDA Orbit and he had this problem. It turned out it was a crumb or piece of grit wedged between the frame of the phone and the screen causing the screen to be permanently pressed at that point. He used some fine implement (maybe a pin - can't remember) to dig it out. If this was the problem with your phone that may explain why it suddenly started working viz the bit of grit became dislodged by itself.

Cheers,

Ashley