HwOTA7 and HwOTA8 for Huawei P10 Lite

vovan1982

Jul 18, 2017
Rostov-on-Don
HwOTA7 + HwOTA8 for Huawei P10 Lite​
1. On the phone, make a backup of all data (since during the upgrade all data will be erased). This is an obligatory condition.
2. Unlock your bootloader: (There´s no way around it (unfortnuately), but after the procedure your device will be locked again, so don´t worry!). The device will make a factory reset, so once again, BACKUP your files!!!!!!!!!!
3. Enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
4. You must download three zip-archives with a full "Full OTA" firmware on which you want to flash (If you look through in the FF (FirmwareFinder), you see there are 4 archives for China and 3 for other locations. You must to download for the version what model and location you will have after the firmware);
5. Add the downloaded files to the folder "HWOTA\Update" and run the .cmd file, it will rename them automatically according to the template:
- update_data_full_public.zip to update_data_public.zip
- update_full_....zip to update_all_hw.zip
- update.zip don't rename
and will be repack firmware (only HwOTA8)!!!
6. After run the universal batch file update.bat in the "HWOTA" folder, which will provide an opportunity to choose the required work option (change firmware/rebranding (change location)). FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS ON THE SCREEN OF THE MONITOR - the entire process is accompanied by prompts.
At the end of the process, everything should work fine... Be prepared, the bootloader will be locked after changing the location or firmware as a FullOTA.
7. If suddenly it turned out "bootloop" - go into the stock Recovery and make wipe.

PS: To change the firmware using the SD card, you need to create a folder "HWOTA" on the SD card and copy three firmware archives with the changed names (see above). In the batch file select item 1 "SDCard HWOTA directory"

HwOTA_WARSAW.zip

Short video tutorial for upgrade of any version authorized or unauthorized in phone P10 Lite Thanks @Alexxxx1
HwOTA8 method for rollback from EMUI 8 to Emui 5 - Huawei P10 lite Thanks @Alexxxx1
If you like my work, you can thank TeamMT PayPal

PPS: Sorry for my English!!!

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2013
Mexico City
Locked Bootloader

used this to update my phone, to oreo... but no twrp works now, recovery fails to boot! so... no way to get root xD
If you read the instructions, the bootloader will be locked after the process is completed, therefore, you're gonna have to unlock it and reflash the custom recovery that you had before

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

HwOTA for Huawei P10 Lite​
1. On the phone, make a backup of all data (since during the upgrade all data will be erased). This is an obligatory condition.
2. Unlock your bootloader: (There´s no way around it (unfortnuately), but after the procedure your device will be locked again, so don´t worry!). The device will make a factory reset, so once again, BACKUP your files!!!!!!!!!!
3. Enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
4. You must download three zip-archives with a full "Full OTA" firmware on which you want to flash (If you look through in the FF (FirmwareFinder), you see there are 4 archives for China and 3 for other locations. You must to download for the version what model and location you will have after the firmware);
5. Add the downloaded files to the folder "HWOTA\Update" and run the .cmd file, it will rename them automatically according to the template:
- update_data_full_public.zip to update_data_public.zip
- update_full_....zip to update_all_hw.zip
- update.zip don't rename
6. After run the universal batch file update.bat in the "HWOTA" folder, which will provide an opportunity to choose the required work option (change firmware/rebranding (change location)). FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS ON THE SCREEN OF THE MONITOR - the entire process is accompanied by prompts.
At the end of the process, everything should work fine... Be prepared, the bootloader will be locked after changing the location or firmware as a FullOTA.
7. If suddenly it turned out "bootloop" - go into the stock Recovery and make wipe.

PS: To change the firmware using the SD card, you need to create a folder "HWOTA" on the SD card and copy three firmware archives with the changed names (see above). In the batch file select item 1 "SDCard HWOTA directory"

HwOTA.zip

PPS: Sorry for my English!!!

Hello!
I need your help with the update.bat file
When I try to execute the file, it just shows a cmd screen for a couple of seconds and nothing happens
what am I possibly doing wrong?
Plus, theres no instrutions for pluggin the phone into the PC, what I being doing its plug in it on bootloader mode

I hope you can understand me, english is not my mother language.

And thank you in advance

EDIT: Forget it man, I make it work, I just copied the HWOTA directory to C: and it works
So far i just used the update firmware option and everything is working

Last edited:
Reactions: hundred_miles_high

vovan1982

Jul 18, 2017
Rostov-on-Don
If you read the instructions, the bootloader will be locked after the process is completed, therefore, you're gonna have to unlock it and reflash the custom recovery that you had before

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Hello!
I need your help with the update.bat file
When I try to execute the file, it just shows a cmd screen for a couple of seconds and nothing happens
what am I possibly doing wrong?
Plus, theres no instrutions for pluggin the phone into the PC, what I being doing its plug in it on bootloader mode

I hope you can understand me, english is not my mother language.

And thank you in advance

EDIT: Forget it man, I make it work, I just copied the HWOTA directory to C: and it works
So far i just used the update firmware option and everything is working
Yes, I can understand you. You did the right thing, way to HwOTA as short as possible.

GizmoTheGreen

Jun 13, 2010
Hi, of couse, on Oreo not TWRP. TWRP from Nougat does not work.
so need to wait for twrp port... ok ^^

1. it was not locked. and even if it was I can easily unlock it.
2. I flashed the recovery succesfully, it just gives an error when trying to enter it

so, need new twrp for oreo...

Last edited:
Reactions: kristoff_andxp

Alexxxx1

Apr 7, 2017
Belgrade
no. it did not relock bootloader automatically and I want it unlocked. also afraid of brick if I lock it with this rom.
Yes, with this method bootloader stay unlock same as on p10 plus, but if you can enter in stock recovery no afraid of any brick if you relock bootloader.

Poslato sa VKY-L29 uz pomoć Tapatoka

GizmoTheGreen

Jun 13, 2010
for anyone wondering, I solved Magisk installation on oreo! :)
use .app extractor to get the RAMDISK image, patch it with magisk app on the phone. then use fastboot to install to ramdisk partition, like so
Code:
fastboot flash ramdisk patched_image.img
hope this helps

Jaizu

Jan 4, 2013
for anyone wondering, I solved Magisk installation on oreo! :)
use .app extractor to get the RAMDISK image, patch it with magisk app on the phone. then use fastboot to install to ramdisk partition, like so
Code:
fastboot flash ramdisk patched_image.img
hope this helps
Did you try it? Someone said he wasn't able to do it.

GizmoTheGreen

Jun 13, 2010
Did you try it? Someone said he wasn't able to do it.
yes I have magisk working
now that I think about it I tried earlier with the kernel image as well, there is no "boot" image.
maybe you need to do both kernel and ramdisk images seperately

either way, magisk working here, I already replaced the emojis :)

Last edited:

Alexxxx1

Apr 7, 2017
Belgrade
now that I think about it I tried earlier with the kernel image as well, there is no "boot" image.

So, what's the first impressions of Emui 8?

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Jaizu

Jan 4, 2013

Mind sharing patched .img files? What device model are you using?

Aalesund

Jul 22, 2014
Last edited: