HwOTA7 and HwOTA8 for Huawei P10 Lite

Search This thread

Wanou14

Jun 17, 2015
Good morning,

I followed the tutorial from A to Z and I get stuck at the next step :
"Wait for the device to boot into TWRP"

I even tried it from another computer and I'm having the same problem.
I tested with another USB cable and same problem.

Windows 7 x64

Wanou14

Jun 17, 2015
Good morning,

I followed the tutorial from A to Z and I get stuck at the next step :
"Wait for the device to boot into TWRP"

I even tried it from another computer and I'm having the same problem.
I tested with another USB cable and same problem.

Windows 7 x64

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy,

great job ;)

I just did the windows 10 tutorial again and now everything works

so cool

see you soon

rpgdev

Jul 31, 2011
I updated to Oreo successfully and the system is showing that an update is available but when I tap on 'system update' nothing happens. I also can't find the Huawei's System Update app... don't know if the launcher it's just not available on Oreo relying instead on the settings entry. This is how it looks: https://i.imgur.com/XTpcpVk.jpg when I tap on 'system update' nothing happens.

Btw I thought this process was gonna wipe out everything but I still have all my apps and settings intact :) it'll go away after rooting but in the meantime it's nice to have, I can test Oreo without having to set everything up again, less work if I decide to downgrade later...

marenp

Aug 17, 2012
Novi Pazar
www.google.com
I updated to Oreo successfully and the system is showing that an update is available but when I tap on 'system update' nothing happens. I also can't find the Huawei's System Update app... don't know if the launcher it's just not available on Oreo relying instead on the settings entry. This is how it looks: https://i.imgur.com/XTpcpVk.jpg when I tap on 'system update' nothing happens.

Btw I thought this process was gonna wipe out everything but I still have all my apps and settings intact :) it'll go away after rooting but in the meantime it's nice to have, I can test Oreo without having to set everything up again, less work if I decide to downgrade later...

Be careful about downgrade, read few posts before, Huawei put new stuff in firmware that disables downgrading and you can brick your device...

Sent from my HUAWEI WAS-LX1 using XDA Labs

rpgdev

Jul 31, 2011
Be careful about downgrade, read few posts before, Huawei put new stuff in firmware that disables downgrading and you can brick your device...

Sent from my HUAWEI WAS-LX1 using XDA Labs
Thanks for the headsup, I searched the thread but I couldn't find any reported problems. Did something change after this: https://xdaforums.com/p10-lite/development/hwota-huawei-p10-lite-t3776186/post76241804#post76241804 ? If you know of a thread please link me up.

rpgdev

Jul 31, 2011
Its just the way of Android. U can't downgrade without doing Factory reset. Simple as that.
By factory reset you mean that I should do it myself before downgrading or that the downgrading process will wipe everything? I assume everything will be lost but is there a possibility of bricking the device?

Weeny1992

Dec 18, 2017
By factory reset you mean that I should do it myself before downgrading or that the downgrading process will wipe everything? I assume everything will be lost but is there a possibility of bricking the device?
On Huawei devices you should flash update first and then wipe data. Flashing update package itself woun't Delete anything. Last Q - Your device just woun't boot if you dont wipe data, you do it and everything is fine.

rpgdev

Jul 31, 2011
On Huawei devices you should flash update first and then wipe data. Flashing update package itself woun't Delete anything. Last Q - Your device just woun't boot if you dont wipe data, you do it and everything is fine.
Is that for downgrading or upgrading? Thought it was intended to keep data for upgrading at least. Also, is there danger of bricking device by just downgrading? Need closure on that lol.

rpgdev

Jul 31, 2011
The greater question is: can be the bootloader locked after Oreo update ?
I updated to oreo using hwota and the bootloader wasn't locked. However when I downgraded to nougat it did lock my bootloader but no biggie, you can just unlock it again.

Regarding this I have a question, I was able to downgrade and use nougat just fine but I want to upgrade to Oreo again (I downgraded mainly to do some battery performance tests for comparison). The problem is that I don't seem to be able to flash nougat's twrp now in order to be able to HWOTA to oreo again, flash tool complains that "FAILED (remote: partition length get error)". I know the Oreo upgrade changes the partitions but I thought that downgrading repartitioned everything to suit nougat once again. Seems like that's not the case :sigh: how can I hwota to oreo again without twrp? Can I just flash one of Oreo's twrp as it is now (I have nougat, but seems like partitions are Oreo's)?

Alexxxx1

Apr 7, 2017
Belgrade
Huawei P30
I updated to oreo using hwota and the bootloader wasn't locked. However when I downgraded to nougat it did lock my bootloader but no biggie, you can just unlock it again.

Regarding this I have a question, I was able to downgrade and use nougat just fine but I want to upgrade to Oreo again (I downgraded mainly to do some battery performance tests for comparison). The problem is that I don't seem to be able to flash nougat's twrp now in order to be able to HWOTA to oreo again, flash tool complains that "FAILED (remote: partition length get error)". I know the Oreo upgrade changes the partitions but I thought that downgrading repartitioned everything to suit nougat once again. Seems like that's not the case :sigh: how can I hwota to oreo again without twrp? Can I just flash one of Oreo's twrp as it is now (I have nougat, but seems like partitions are Oreo's)?
I dont understand u.... If you downgraded successfull from emui 8 to emui 5 uding my video tutorial and want again to update to emui 8 using hwota then just use hwota7. Its absolutely imposible to get error if you on emui 5 and using hwota7.
Also, if you watch closer hwota7 method to enter in twrp usb cable should be pluged and then press volume up and power. On emui 8 it was with unlpuged usb to enter in twrp.
Also with rollback using Hwota8 from emui 8 to. Emui 5 bootloader still should be unlocked. How you got locked....

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rpgdev

Jul 31, 2011
I dont understand u.... If you downgraded successfull from emui 8 to emui 5 uding my video tutorial and want again to update to emui 8 using hwota then just use hwota7. Its absolutely imposible to get error if you on emui 5 and using hwota7.
Also, if you watch closer hwota7 method to enter in twrp usb cable should be pluged and then press volume up and power. On emui 8 it was with unlpuged usb to enter in twrp.
Also with rollback using Hwota8 from emui 8 to. Emui 5 bootloader still should be unlocked. How you got locked....

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

That's what I was doing but I think I did it wrong. I thought the script renamed the files in the update folder automatically and that I didn't have to do it myself, that must've caused the first upgrade and/or downgrade to not happen as it should have even though I verified that I was able to successfully perform the process both times. After trying to hwota into Oreo several times without success using the hwota7 folder I decided to use hwota8 instead and it worked... dunno why since hwota7 for 7>8 right? Anyways, I'm back in Oreo and everything is fine now. Thanks mate.

Alexxxx1

Apr 7, 2017
Belgrade
Huawei P30
That's what I was doing but I think I did it wrong. I thought the script renamed the files in the update folder automatically and that I didn't have to do it myself, that must've caused the first upgrade and/or downgrade to not happen as it should have even though I verified that I was able to successfully perform the process both times. After trying to hwota into Oreo several times without success using the hwota7 folder I decided to use hwota8 instead and it worked... dunno why since hwota7 for 7>8 right? Anyways, I'm back in Oreo and everything is fine now. Thanks mate.
I clearly exolained in description bellow of videos in what cases you can use Hwota7 and Hwota8 but most people dont read that. Anyway you succeed.
Regards

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

andro.vincent

Jul 1, 2015
hello, I had a bug update siriuz2.6 and suddenly I can not flash anything, it does not work, I have access to fastboot but not recovery twrp I do not do anything else ... help me please

Alexxxx1

Apr 7, 2017
Belgrade
Huawei P30
hello, I had a bug update siriuz2.6 and suddenly I can not flash anything, it does not work, I have access to fastboot but not recovery twrp I do not do anything else ... help me please
- First thing, report that in section for that rom and ask provider to assist you.
-Second thing use service rom for your model.
-Third- use HWOTA8

Reactions: andro.vincent

rpgdev

Jul 31, 2011
I clearly exolained in description bellow of videos in what cases you can use Hwota7 and Hwota8 but most people dont read that. Anyway you succeed.
That's exactly how I used it. My guess is that the problem was that I didn't rename the files assuming that the script was gonna do that at repacking, is that the case? I never renamed the files and yet the upgrade did happen although the build number looked funny, it looked nothing like the build numbers I had seen before, a hint that maybe something was screwed up by the fact that I didn't rename the files. This might have broken the downgrade process for my phone. But not sure. Anyways, everything's fine now luckily.

redflash52

Jan 23, 2012
hallo, my p10 lite runs android 7 with bootloader unlocked, root and twrp and i would like to update it to oreo.
I lost my code for unlocking the bootloader long ago so if i update now my phone i won't be able to unlock it again?? or is there a way to update without locking the bootloader again?
I really need root so is there any way to update for me?

Alexxxx1

Apr 7, 2017
Belgrade
Huawei P30
hallo, my p10 lite runs android 7 with bootloader unlocked, root and twrp and i would like to update it to oreo.
I lost my code for unlocking the bootloader long ago so if i update now my phone i won't be able to unlock it again?? or is there a way to update without locking the bootloader again?
I really need root so is there any way to update for me?
If you use Hwota7 for upgrade from emui 5 to emui 8 your bootloader will be unlocked. There is one additional step for people who want to relock it. So you have a luck for now [emoji6]
Regards

Poslato sa WAS-LX1 uz pomoć Tapatoka

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HwOTA7 + HwOTA8 for Huawei P10 Lite​
    1. On the phone, make a backup of all data (since during the upgrade all data will be erased). This is an obligatory condition.
    2. Unlock your bootloader: (There´s no way around it (unfortnuately), but after the procedure your device will be locked again, so don´t worry!). The device will make a factory reset, so once again, BACKUP your files!!!!!!!!!!
    3. Enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
    4. You must download three zip-archives with a full "Full OTA" firmware on which you want to flash (If you look through in the FF (FirmwareFinder), you see there are 4 archives for China and 3 for other locations. You must to download for the version what model and location you will have after the firmware);
    5. Add the downloaded files to the folder "HWOTA\Update" and run the .cmd file, it will rename them automatically according to the template:
    - update_data_full_public.zip to update_data_public.zip
    - update_full_....zip to update_all_hw.zip
    - update.zip don't rename
    and will be repack firmware (only HwOTA8)!!!
    6. After run the universal batch file update.bat in the "HWOTA" folder, which will provide an opportunity to choose the required work option (change firmware/rebranding (change location)). FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS ON THE SCREEN OF THE MONITOR - the entire process is accompanied by prompts.
    At the end of the process, everything should work fine... Be prepared, the bootloader will be locked after changing the location or firmware as a FullOTA.
    7. If suddenly it turned out "bootloop" - go into the stock Recovery and make wipe.

PS: To change the firmware using the SD card, you need to create a folder "HWOTA" on the SD card and copy three firmware archives with the changed names (see above). In the batch file select item 1 "SDCard HWOTA directory"

HwOTA_WARSAW.zip

Short video tutorial for upgrade of any version authorized or unauthorized in phone P10 Lite Thanks @Alexxxx1
    HwOTA8 method for rollback from EMUI 8 to Emui 5 - Huawei P10 lite Thanks @Alexxxx1
    If you like my work, you can thank TeamMT PayPal

PPS: Sorry for my English!!!
    Can i flash oreo update for my build c432b198 or should i first flash c432b208 update,then flash oreo update:D:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    If you see my video for rollback using Hwota8 you will find that I rollback to b198. So.... Yes, you can flash from b198 directly to b321 or rollback to b123 if you want that. No any limitation because recovery no check will force any build. Dont be angry for nothing, better click to thanks. It would be more suitable [emoji6].

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk
    hi, i successfully recovery my phone was-lx2c636. After this i dont need to flash it from phone using firmware finder dns etc since its so annoying to move the entire backup firmware from pc to phone... xD appreciated and thanks to you @vovan1982

Now, I need to change from current firmware to europe firmware in order to flash this custom rom. Im on was-lx2c636(dual sim)(Malaysia) then i want to change it to another firmware was-lx1c432(dual sim)(Europe). So i have to move update file(all of the update zip) europe version to HWOTA/update. in the process should i pick 2.change location or 1.change firmware? btw what does change location actually means is it change location only but still same imei and version. is it gonna flash only "location parts" in phone system or the entire firmware?
    What is your phone? 3GB or 4GB ram?
    WAS-LX1 (3GB RAM) Dual SIM: update_full_WAS-L21_hw_eu.zip
    WAS-LX1A (4GB RAM) Dual SIM: update_full_WAS-L21A_hw_eu.zip
    Also you need these files:
    update.zip
    update_data_full_public.zip
    Put all 3 files into folder HWOTA/update and then run Install.bat
    The script will rename 2 of them:
    update_data_full_public.zip to update_data_public.zip
    update_full_WAS-L21....zip to update_all_hw.zip
    you can manually rename it if you want ;p
    Then follow the instruction and change location and choose Europe C432 and then change firmware
    extract ramdisk from your Oreo ROM and patch it on Magisk 16.X its easy, gl

Thanks bro! It works!

Instalation:
    1. Download Magisk Manager - https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445 (Click on Latest Magisk Manager)
    2. Install APK
    3. Open MagiskManager and press Install, choose Install again and then Patch Boot Image File and choose your RAMDISK.img and patch it. (you can skip this step because you can use my patched_boot.img)
    4. Reboot into fastboot and flash it: fastboot flash ramdisk patched_boot.img
    5. Reboot to system: fastboot reboot
    6. Make sure you have a Root

Here is a link to patched_boot.img and all other files if some wants to try: https://mega.nz/#F!TNQiFDrS!LeWgM5bukSz66UEL5zE1Tg
    RAMDISK.img is the stock image if something goes wrong and you need a stock image ;p
    FIGO321.img is TWRP-3.2.1 for Huawei P Smart
    for anyone wondering, I solved Magisk installation on oreo! :)
    use .app extractor to get the RAMDISK image, patch it with magisk app on the phone. then use fastboot to install to ramdisk partition, like so
    Code:
    fastboot flash ramdisk patched_image.img

hope this helps