HwOTA8 for Huawei P20 Lite

Search This thread

anuj0sharma

May 14, 2009
Pune
I was fixed the bug.

Hi Vovan1982
did you fixed the bug ? I saw the code in your bat file and for now it can only repack files and after that lock and then lock the bootloader again.

Am I missing something ? Can someone confirm if this script works and really we can rebrand/ update the phone ?
I am using windows by the way.

Thanks

fabio87

Feb 4, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi Vovan1982
did you fixed the bug ? I saw the code in your bat file and for now it can only repack files and after that lock and then lock the bootloader again.

Am I missing something ? Can someone confirm if this script works and really we can rebrand/ update the phone ?

Thanks

Only works with sd card not the script option and yes it installed some sort of a region change for me trying C432 but what came out was not C432 but some weird 070B or something. After that flashing the stock unmodified zip files with hruupdater in twrp finally flashed and rebranded to latest C432

DANIELWHITT

Jun 19, 2009
Birmingham
I don't personally have any issues, but that's because I have an better idea about Huawei phones than some people do.
The issues are with how you get the phone to boot into twrp, once the recovery is flashed, it's not seamless, you have to manually unplug the phone and quickly press up on the volume to get the phone to boot into recovery otherwise stock recovery will get rewritten. This isn't mentioned and the phone doesn't automatically reboot into recovery once it's flashed, so you can carry on with the script, the oeminfo flashing works fine, but again, once it's flashed it doesn't carry on with the script, it's just stops. At which point you need to reboot the phone and this is where you end up with the funky version number in system info like users are reporting. You then need to restart the script again, but this time get the bypass the oeminfo part and move to the system flash for the correct version for your new OEMinfo. This auto reboots into the no check erecovery but again, not sure if the version is compatible because it will get to 75 ish percent and fail to flash.
At this point people end up with these funky system versions. This is why most people now use HRUpdater to flash the new system to get the system working and up and running again.
I'm only telling you for your info, if you can work these issues out, this software would be great, will allow people to seamlessly rebrand their phones into a dual SIM or other areas in one seamless system. Which people will love and make the software you've made a lot more popular.

Reactions: kilroystyx

vovan1982

Jul 18, 2017
Rostov-on-Don
Hi Vovan1982

Thanks

What did you saw? Script works.

dk_ny

Jul 27, 2017
I had the same Problems , i used change region which is working fine. After that i repacked and flashed the Firmware with HwOTA8 , but there comes an error around 70 % . Phone boots after that , but in Phone Info it is recognised as 8.0.0.046 or something like that. So i downloaded the Firmware again with Firmware Finder . After that i flashed manually TWRP and installed the original C432B136 Firmware with HRUPDATER Tool over TWRP. Now my Phone is correctly recognised as C432 and everthing works fine including change from Single to Dual Sim. Now i will put the Chip from one Sim Card on a sd Card so that i can use 2 Sim Cards and a SD Card at the same time.

Last edited:

Mannuok

Jan 28, 2016
After all these steps will I get the updates via OTA or will I have to always update by TWRP ??

Thank you

x4ever_2

Aug 8, 2010
Miroslav
Ane-lx1c432

HwOTA8 for Huawei P20 Lite​
1. On the phone, make a backup of all data (since during the upgrade all data will be erased). This is an obligatory condition.
2. Unlock your bootloader: (There´s no way around it (unfortnuately), but after the procedure your device will be locked again, so don´t worry!). The device will make a factory reset, so once again, BACKUP your files!!!!!!!!!!
3. Enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
4. You must download three zip-archives with a full "Full OTA" firmware on which you want to flash (If you look through in the FF (FirmwareFinder), you see there are 4 archives for China and 3 for other locations. You must to download for the version what model and location you will have after the firmware);
5. Add the downloaded files to the folder "HWOTA\Update" and run the .cmd file, it will rename them automatically according to the template:
- update_data_full_public.zip to update_data_public.zip
- update_full_....zip to update_all_hw.zip
- update.zip don't rename
and will be repack firmware automatically!
6. After run the universal batch file update.bat in the "HWOTA" folder, which will provide an opportunity to choose the required work option (change firmware/rebranding (change location)). FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS ON THE SCREEN OF THE MONITOR - the entire process is accompanied by prompts.
At the end of the process, everything should work fine... Be prepared, the bootloader will be locked after changing the location or firmware as a FullOTA.
7. If suddenly it turned out "bootloop" - go into the stock Recovery and make wipe.

PS: To change the firmware using the SD card, you need to create a folder "HWOTA" on the SD card and copy three firmware archives with the changed names (see above). In the batch file select item 1 "SDCard HWOTA directory"

HwOTA_ANE.zip

Short video tutorial for upgrade of any version authorized or unauthorized in phone P10 Lite Thanks @Alexxxx1
HwOTA8 method for rollback from EMUI 8 to Emui 5 - Huawei P10 lite Thanks @Alexxxx1
If you like my work, you can thank TeamMT PayPal

PPS: Sorry for my English!!!

Hello, thank you for your work. I was rebrand from ANE-LX1C432 SINGLE-SIM to DUAL-SIM. My idea is get back to SINGLE-SIM. Please if you can made ANE-LX1C432.img SINGLE-SIM for me. Thank You.

bubus44

Jun 22, 2011
androware.hu
1. On the phone, make a backup of all data (since during the upgrade all data will be erased). This is an obligatory condition.
2. Unlock your bootloader: (There´s no way around it (unfortnuately), but after the procedure your device will be locked again, so don´t worry!). The device will make a factory reset, so once again, BACKUP your files!!!!!!!!!!
3. Enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
4. You must download three zip-archives with a full "Full OTA" firmware on which you want to flash (If you look through in the FF (FirmwareFinder), you see there are 4 archives for China and 3 for other locations. You must to download for the version what model and location you will have after the firmware);
5. Add the downloaded files to the folder "HWOTA\Update" and run the .cmd file, it will rename them automatically according to the template:
6. After run the universal batch file update.bat in the "HWOTA" folder, which will provide an opportunity to choose the required work option (change firmware/rebranding (change location)). FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS ON THE SCREEN OF THE MONITOR - the entire process is accompanied by prompts.
At the end of the process, everything should work fine... Be prepared, the bootloader will be locked after changing the location or firmware as a FullOTA.
7. If suddenly it turned out "bootloop" - go into the stock Recovery and make wipe.

PS: To change the firmware using the SD card, you need to create a folder "HWOTA" on the SD card and copy three firmware archives with the changed names (see above). In the batch file select item 1 "SDCard HWOTA directory"

HwOTA_ANE.zip

Short video tutorial for upgrade of any version authorized or unauthorized in phone P10 Lite Thanks @Alexxxx1
HwOTA8 method for rollback from EMUI 8 to Emui 5 - Huawei P10 lite Thanks @Alexxxx1

Hi for the RollBack part, which oemifo is in the pack of C432's B126?
For example, I failed to get B136 to drop 74% install faild.

Last edited:

zammelovski

May 25, 2018
finally it works

Hi, i finally success rebranding.
P20 lite Demo ANE-LX1-8.0.0.(C652) (fastboot getvar vendorcountry --> hw/demo ) single SIM
to
P20 lite Europe ANE-LX1-8.0.0.136(C432) (fastboot getvar vendorcountry --> hw/eu ) Dual SIM (both of sim cards works but the imei of the second one is 0000000000)

1st. there is no need to repack the files go directly to option 2

• - put your phone in fastboot mode with state phone unlocked and frp unlocked.
    - choose option 2 press enter
    - if everything is ok you should see that twrp is installed.
    - Remove usb cable from computer and reboot holding power button + Volume up
    - You should now boot on Twrp, connect the phone using usb cable
    -You should see too options choose one for rebranding then choose your country and press enter
    -it will copy new oeminfo to device then reboot
    - now you will have system rebranded but in some case like mine if you go to system info you will see in build version something like that ( system.8.0.0(OSAV) ).
if you have this you cannot update your device anymore you have to install the correct firmware you choose for region.
to solve this problem.

• - go to Firmware Finder and download FullOTA of your firmware (in my case i choose ANE-LX18.0.0.136(C432) FullOTA
    -Download HuRUpdater_0.3.zip
    -copy the HuRUpdater_0.3.zip file on sdcard in new folder no matter the name .
    -Rename downloaded files as above:

• update.zip not rename
      update_full_ANE-L01_hw_eu.zip to update_all_hw.zip single SIM
      update_full_ANE-L21_hw_eu.zip to update_all_hw.zip Dual SIM ( i used this in my case)
      update_data_full_public.zip to update_data_public.zip
    -copy renamed files in sdcard same folder as Hurupdater_03.zip
    -Reboot the phone in Twrp mode
    - Go to install and select hurupdater_03.zip and install it .
    - Confirm installation by pressing Volume down.
Hope this will help somebody.

:good::good::good::good:

Pellepurck

Mar 29, 2016
I will just say that this worked FLAWLESSLY! Did the exactly same thing, changed from c652 to c432 (dual sim) and use firmware v. 136.
Thank you so much! :good::good:

P20 lite Demo ANE-LX1-8.0.0.(C652) (fastboot getvar vendorcountry --> hw/demo ) single SIM
to
P20 lite Europe ANE-LX1-8.0.0.136(C432) (fastboot getvar vendorcountry --> hw/eu ) Dual SIM (both of sim cards works but the imei of the second one is 0000000000)

-You should see too options choose one for rebranding then choose your country and press enter
    - now you will have system rebranded but in some case like mine if you go to system info you will see in build version something like that ( system.8.0.0(OSAV) ).
if you have this you cannot update your device anymore you have to install the correct firmware you choose for region.
to solve this problem.

• - go to Firmware Finder and download FullOTA of your firmware (in my case i choose ANE-LX18.0.0.136(C432) FullOTA

• update.zip not rename
      update_full_ANE-L21_hw_eu.zip to update_all_hw.zip Dual SIM ( i used this in my case)

Biloubam

Mar 28, 2018
to

to solve this problem.

• update.zip not rename

Hello it doesn't work for me... I have errors on twrp. Have you got an idea ( look the picture) please?

Attachments

• IMG_20180626_112605.jpg
    IMG_20180626_112605.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 461

ruka86

Nov 12, 2010
Lisboa
Hi guys,

I need your help. I've tried to unbrand my Vodafone Portugal P20 lite, everything worked great using this tool, but now I have the firmware for dual sim since the oeminfo of the tool it's for the ANE-L21C432.

Can someone please share the oeminfo for the single sim version?

I really need the oeminfo for the ANE-L01C432.

Thanks in advance!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

HwOTA_ANE.zip

finally it works

to

to solve this problem.

• update.zip not rename

Ive just tried to use the HWOTA8 to update my P20 lite from C782 to C432.
    Whilst it was a complete ball ache, Ive now ended up with a P20 lite C432 dual sim and everything working which is great
    The HWOTA8 doesn't fully work, you can get the files to repack, change the names, but it falls down once it flashes the temporary TWRP, it wont reboot into TWRP. you need to open a second cmd prompt and reboot the phone whilst unplugging the usb lead and pressing volume up to enter TWRP.
    Once there i was able to flash the new OEMINFO which went okay, but again it wouldn't reboot out of TWRP so it couldn't carry on with the firmware update.
    I rebooted the phone and got similar software versions to above ending 46
    In developer options OEM unlock disappeared and wasn't showing in bootloader, only phone unlocked.
    I then restarted HWOTA8 and tried to bypass the install part and try and install the firmware update but that also went through okay but failed about 75%
    Restarted the phone back into the normal system
    I downloaded the firmware finder app and manually added the the correct customer version i tried to install, as the app recognised this 46 number
    The firmware was downloaded via proxy and passed all the checks and installed correctly this time. went through okay and now the phone recognises it a c432 as i wanted and no longer c782 or 46.
    The only strange bit was that after the firmware was updated, frp lock in the bootloader disappeared, for this to re appear again i had to relock the bootloader to get it to show back up again. i then proceed to unlock again and it still stayed this time.
    Ive checked everything and everything is working okay now, Dual sim shows but even with second sim is inserted it shows all 00000000000. but the sim works fine and makes and receives calls as well as first sim
    hope this helps anyone else before using this method you can make it work but it aint as easy as following the prompts.
    I don't personally have any issues, but that's because I have an better idea about Huawei phones than some people do.
    The issues are with how you get the phone to boot into twrp, once the recovery is flashed, it's not seamless, you have to manually unplug the phone and quickly press up on the volume to get the phone to boot into recovery otherwise stock recovery will get rewritten. This isn't mentioned and the phone doesn't automatically reboot into recovery once it's flashed, so you can carry on with the script, the oeminfo flashing works fine, but again, once it's flashed it doesn't carry on with the script, it's just stops. At which point you need to reboot the phone and this is where you end up with the funky version number in system info like users are reporting. You then need to restart the script again, but this time get the bypass the oeminfo part and move to the system flash for the correct version for your new OEMinfo. This auto reboots into the no check erecovery but again, not sure if the version is compatible because it will get to 75 ish percent and fail to flash.
    At this point people end up with these funky system versions. This is why most people now use HRUpdater to flash the new system to get the system working and up and running again.
    I'm only telling you for your info, if you can work these issues out, this software would be great, will allow people to seamlessly rebrand their phones into a dual SIM or other areas in one seamless system. Which people will love and make the software you've made a lot more popular.
    Current one is ane-lx1 8.0.0.155(c432) which is right one actually, its a single sim originally, i needed to use board software which has double sim oeminfo in it. C432 turned to something silly like 0x0w. Also started to show 3 bootloader like in the pic. After that i tried hwota8 i find ss oemingo and added in to folder. It worked, but also software thinking its a single sim board but somehow it shows ds on fastboot lol. I thought maybe if i can use hwota with fota firmware maybe it can put everything into their places. Oh btw after hwota i find a custom rom here and used it and it was same but all of a sudden it went to erecovery so i tried update (erecovery was failing too) and it worked too device downloaded firmware which ends with -FULL and (0x0c) thingie turned to (c432) which is what the phone really is. But still board thinks its a ds software sees ss and shows 2nd imei which is allready zero so no service. Weird device right? cuz it was working find and suddenly started to freeze and never turned on after 2nd reboot :) Probably you have what i need in your archive, they are updating after rebranding if you can upload right firmware via sd card methode. Phone has zero lock atm, rooted too and kinda dead too works fine with no service. So maybe worths to try ? Thanks for help n archive, i can ask any other help later i hope :)
    If you want revert to single SIM, I can't help you, I have some FW for HwOTA/HuRupdater, but only for dual SIM.
    IMO stay on Dual variant, and don't use HwOTA, use HuRupdater & TWRP (the files are the same for HwOTA and HuRu).
    More info here
    and here

Keep in mind, that HuRupdate and HwOTA you can use only with fullOTA-MF firmware, which was available on the Huawei Firmware Finder while it was still working.