HwOTA8 for Huawei P20 Lite

Search This thread

Juanlu20

Nov 15, 2014
Hi, i finally success rebranding.
P20 lite Demo ANE-LX1-8.0.0.(C652) (fastboot getvar vendorcountry --> hw/demo ) single SIM
to
P20 lite Europe ANE-LX1-8.0.0.136(C432) (fastboot getvar vendorcountry --> hw/eu ) Dual SIM (both of sim cards works but the imei of the second one is 0000000000)

1st. there is no need to repack the files go directly to option 2

• - put your phone in fastboot mode with state phone unlocked and frp unlocked.
    - choose option 2 press enter
    - if everything is ok you should see that twrp is installed.
    - Remove usb cable from computer and reboot holding power button + Volume up
    - You should now boot on Twrp, connect the phone using usb cable
    -You should see too options choose one for rebranding then choose your country and press enter
    -it will copy new oeminfo to device then reboot
    - now you will have system rebranded but in some case like mine if you go to system info you will see in build version something like that ( system.8.0.0(OSAV) ).
if you have this you cannot update your device anymore you have to install the correct firmware you choose for region.
to solve this problem.

• - go to Firmware Finder and download FullOTA of your firmware (in my case i choose ANE-LX18.0.0.136(C432) FullOTA
    -Download HuRUpdater_0.3.zip
    -copy the HuRUpdater_0.3.zip file on sdcard in new folder no matter the name .
    -Rename downloaded files as above:

• update.zip not rename
      update_full_ANE-L01_hw_eu.zip to update_all_hw.zip single SIM
      update_full_ANE-L21_hw_eu.zip to update_all_hw.zip Dual SIM ( i used this in my case)
      update_data_full_public.zip to update_data_public.zip
    -copy renamed files in sdcard same folder as Hurupdater_03.zip
    -Reboot the phone in Twrp mode
    - Go to install and select hurupdater_03.zip and install it .
    - Confirm installation by pressing Volume down.
Hope this will help somebody.

:good::good::good::good:

I only followed the second step (not the HwOTA8 part) and still seeing system.8.0.0(OSAV). I don't know what I can do to solve it...

fbh59

Dec 29, 2010
Different version in buil.prop

P20 lite Demo ANE-LX1-8.0.0.(C652) (fastboot getvar vendorcountry --> hw/demo ) single SIM
to
P20 lite Europe ANE-LX1-8.0.0.136(C432) (fastboot getvar vendorcountry --> hw/eu ) Dual SIM (both of sim cards works but the imei of the second one is 0000000000)

-You should see too options choose one for rebranding then choose your country and press enter
    - now you will have system rebranded but in some case like mine if you go to system info you will see in build version something like that ( system.8.0.0(OSAV) ).
if you have this you cannot update your device anymore you have to install the correct firmware you choose for region.
to solve this problem.

• - go to Firmware Finder and download FullOTA of your firmware (in my case i choose ANE-LX18.0.0.136(C432) FullOTA

• update.zip not rename
      update_full_ANE-L21_hw_eu.zip to update_all_hw.zip Dual SIM ( i used this in my case)

Can you check what version it is showing for you in build.prop editor. For me in system properties it shows correct version, but it buil.prop it still shows 8.0.0.047 or refer images attached below:
Screenshot_20180714-223443.jpg

Screenshot_20180714-223553.jpg

Will such versions get OTA updates?

Last edited:

posedys

Mar 13, 2011
lima
hello my case is my mobile is c605 Latin America dual SIM I need or good I want to change it to c435 dual SIM and that I got the 4 g can I do it with huhupdater it has worked but it happens to update some suggestions please what if I need the c432 oeminfo but the dual SIM in format without to flash it with the twrp

almao11

Apr 13, 2015
ANE-LX2C636, ANE-L12C636, ANE-L22C636. ANE-LX2 OEMINFO its possible to shared me? i need oeninfo for ANE-LX2

Gratefultommy

Apr 13, 2019
I'm gonna attempt to update to emui 9 using firmware finder however I'm just confused on what update I should download. My phones outta the Panama region which I'm sure is important.

Firmware is ane-lx3 8.0.0.162(C605)

Which firmware amongst the plethora of choices should I download?

Thank you so very much for your help.

szlevi

Aug 22, 2006
New York, NY
This is quite a mess...
1. first, make sure you quit HiSuite and everything else that might be running, this tool flat-out fails if there is another service trying to access the device.
2. always do the region change, it just makes sure you match the firmware you will install next
3. not sure how to install the firmware but it *always* fails from both SDcard and by script copying it in, period - tried with 2-3 different firmwares, both ways, no matter what during installation of the new firmware it craps out
4. booting into TWRP (from HWOTA8) and running the same firware via HuRUpdater works fine which confirms this tool is broken.

SirusX

Jun 19, 2009
Can you use that to get from EMUI 9 to EMUI 8?

Gesendet von meinem ANE-LX1 mit Tapatalk

tyucekurt

Mar 25, 2010
Hi , does anyone still have "Full OTA" firmware for ane-lx1c432 ? or can you help me to find one? cuz i couldn't find one after couple 100 pages. My p20 is single sim but looks double sim also imei shows 0000000 (imei for sim 1 still in there but it shows one 2nd ones which is zero so no network) Thanks in advance.

Frax3r

Hi , does anyone still have "Full OTA" firmware for ane-lx1c432 ? or can you help me to find one? cuz i couldn't find one after couple 100 pages. My p20 is single sim but looks double sim also imei shows 0000000 (imei for sim 1 still in there but it shows one 2nd ones which is zero so no network) Thanks in advance.

You can still get FullOTA files for certain versions but I am not sure about using hwota on them. So use it on your own risk. In order to get FullOTA folders, you need emui and magisk patched recovery installed. Rebranded phones, which can't get updates, don't work if I am not mistaken. Use system updater from settings. Updater will try to boot into recovery but instead you'll reboot back to system thanks to magisk. After first reboot if you check for updates it'll find the same version but if you download it'll download FullOTA instead of OTA. Do not reboot for the second download. Instead get the folder backed up with a root file explorer. Files are located at /data/update/HwOUC. I backed up FullOTA for 2 versions this way and uploaded them to my mega account but I doubt they'll be the versions you want.

Last edited:

tyucekurt

Mar 25, 2010
It's dual SIM (converted from single). What is your current build number?
Current one is ane-lx1 8.0.0.155(c432) which is right one actually, its a single sim originally, i needed to use board software which has double sim oeminfo in it. C432 turned to something silly like 0x0w. Also started to show 3 bootloader like in the pic. After that i tried hwota8 i find ss oemingo and added in to folder. It worked, but also software thinking its a single sim board but somehow it shows ds on fastboot lol. I thought maybe if i can use hwota with fota firmware maybe it can put everything into their places. Oh btw after hwota i find a custom rom here and used it and it was same but all of a sudden it went to erecovery so i tried update (erecovery was failing too) and it worked too device downloaded firmware which ends with -FULL and (0x0c) thingie turned to (c432) which is what the phone really is. But still board thinks its a ds software sees ss and shows 2nd imei which is allready zero so no service. Weird device right? cuz it was working find and suddenly started to freeze and never turned on after 2nd reboot :) Probably you have what i need in your archive, they are updating after rebranding if you can upload right firmware via sd card methode. Phone has zero lock atm, rooted too and kinda dead too works fine with no service. So maybe worths to try ? Thanks for help n archive, i can ask any other help later i hope :)

Attachments

• boot.jpg
    boot.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 23
  • info.png
    info.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 22

-Alf-

Current one is ane-lx1 8.0.0.155(c432) which is right one actually, its a single sim originally, i needed to use board software which has double sim oeminfo in it. C432 turned to something silly like 0x0w. Also started to show 3 bootloader like in the pic. After that i tried hwota8 i find ss oemingo and added in to folder. It worked, but also software thinking its a single sim board but somehow it shows ds on fastboot lol. I thought maybe if i can use hwota with fota firmware maybe it can put everything into their places. Oh btw after hwota i find a custom rom here and used it and it was same but all of a sudden it went to erecovery so i tried update (erecovery was failing too) and it worked too device downloaded firmware which ends with -FULL and (0x0c) thingie turned to (c432) which is what the phone really is. But still board thinks its a ds software sees ss and shows 2nd imei which is allready zero so no service. Weird device right? cuz it was working find and suddenly started to freeze and never turned on after 2nd reboot :) Probably you have what i need in your archive, they are updating after rebranding if you can upload right firmware via sd card methode. Phone has zero lock atm, rooted too and kinda dead too works fine with no service. So maybe worths to try ? Thanks for help n archive, i can ask any other help later i hope :)
If you want revert to single SIM, I can't help you, I have some FW for HwOTA/HuRupdater, but only for dual SIM.
IMO stay on Dual variant, and don't use HwOTA, use HuRupdater & TWRP (the files are the same for HwOTA and HuRu).
More info here
and here

Keep in mind, that HuRupdate and HwOTA you can use only with fullOTA-MF firmware, which was available on the Huawei Firmware Finder while it was still working.

Reactions: tyucekurt

tyucekurt

Mar 25, 2010
If you want revert to single SIM, I can't help you, I have some FW for HwOTA/HuRupdater, but only for dual SIM.
IMO stay on Dual variant, and don't use HwOTA, use HuRupdater & TWRP (the files are the same for HwOTA and HuRu).
More info here
and here

Keep in mind, that HuRupdate and HwOTA you can use only with fullOTA-MF firmware, which was available on the Huawei Firmware Finder while it was still working.
I using hwota till it flash oeminfo then im switching to twrp flashing other stuff with HuRupdater. Problem is this stupid thing has l21 board but its a single sim. Trying to find a way to make it work with diffrent combos. Now i went with single sim oem info n l21 hw eu. Works fine sim showed up but still no service. Even it is updating from erecovery too. Last time i did same update and imei poofed too. Not sure what is the right combintaion to make it work normal !!! Im kinda new to hisilicon ones they driving me crazy. L21 (sticker says that) board but single sim. Thanks for helping me btw. Learning never ends.

Edit:

Thanks to you. I solved the problem using your archive. Phone doesn't want to work with newer 8, only works with 8.0.0.125 fota, when i flash never version 8 imei was going to zero. I flashed oeminfo via hwota8, then i flashed rest of the rom with HuRupdate. Phone turned to normal. After that i found 8.0.0.167 and flashed it via sd card methode region turned to c432 after that. It was updating very well but all 8 series after those 2 was removing the imei so i decided to go with latest 9.1.0.278(c432) and flashed it with sd card metode and it worked. Thanks to your archive too.

Last edited:

ALHARTHI6

Jun 22, 2016
Taif
I’ve exactly the same as your issue.
But I’ve no service and dual iemis are right!
What could be the problem, did you solve yours?
Or even were you having same no service issue while you were on this case?
My device originally is nova 3e ANE l-LX1 c185 dual sim and flashed oeminfo for c185 by editing the oeminfo for c432 and by using oeminfo tools.
Also using howta8 to change oeminfo.
It was changed ok to c185 but still no service and software not installed.
I used build 160 because it’s the only have 3 files, it was installed from hisuite document/hisuite/rom folder
Could you please explain more what you flashed exactly and how you jump to 9.1?
Because I have iemi changing to another numbers (both) or on some firmwares, it changes to one iemi with zeros.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HwOTA8 for Huawei P20 Lite​
    1. On the phone, make a backup of all data (since during the upgrade all data will be erased). This is an obligatory condition.
    2. Unlock your bootloader: (There´s no way around it (unfortnuately), but after the procedure your device will be locked again, so don´t worry!). The device will make a factory reset, so once again, BACKUP your files!!!!!!!!!!
    3. Enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
    4. You must download three zip-archives with a full "Full OTA" firmware on which you want to flash (If you look through in the FF (FirmwareFinder), you see there are 4 archives for China and 3 for other locations. You must to download for the version what model and location you will have after the firmware);
    5. Add the downloaded files to the folder "HWOTA\Update" and run the .cmd file, it will rename them automatically according to the template:
    - update_data_full_public.zip to update_data_public.zip
    - update_full_....zip to update_all_hw.zip
    - update.zip don't rename
    and will be repack firmware automatically!
    6. After run the universal batch file update.bat in the "HWOTA" folder, which will provide an opportunity to choose the required work option (change firmware/rebranding (change location)). FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS ON THE SCREEN OF THE MONITOR - the entire process is accompanied by prompts.
    At the end of the process, everything should work fine... Be prepared, the bootloader will be locked after changing the location or firmware as a FullOTA.
    7. If suddenly it turned out "bootloop" - go into the stock Recovery and make wipe.

PS: To change the firmware using the SD card, you need to create a folder "HWOTA" on the SD card and copy three firmware archives with the changed names (see above). In the batch file select item 1 "SDCard HWOTA directory"

HwOTA_ANE.zip

Short video tutorial for upgrade of any version authorized or unauthorized in phone P10 Lite Thanks @Alexxxx1
    HwOTA8 method for rollback from EMUI 8 to Emui 5 - Huawei P10 lite Thanks @Alexxxx1
    If you like my work, you can thank TeamMT PayPal

PPS: Sorry for my English!!!
    finally it works

to

to solve this problem.

• update.zip not rename

Ive just tried to use the HWOTA8 to update my P20 lite from C782 to C432.
    Whilst it was a complete ball ache, Ive now ended up with a P20 lite C432 dual sim and everything working which is great
    The HWOTA8 doesn't fully work, you can get the files to repack, change the names, but it falls down once it flashes the temporary TWRP, it wont reboot into TWRP. you need to open a second cmd prompt and reboot the phone whilst unplugging the usb lead and pressing volume up to enter TWRP.
    Once there i was able to flash the new OEMINFO which went okay, but again it wouldn't reboot out of TWRP so it couldn't carry on with the firmware update.
    I rebooted the phone and got similar software versions to above ending 46
    In developer options OEM unlock disappeared and wasn't showing in bootloader, only phone unlocked.
    I then restarted HWOTA8 and tried to bypass the install part and try and install the firmware update but that also went through okay but failed about 75%
    Restarted the phone back into the normal system
    I downloaded the firmware finder app and manually added the the correct customer version i tried to install, as the app recognised this 46 number
    The firmware was downloaded via proxy and passed all the checks and installed correctly this time. went through okay and now the phone recognises it a c432 as i wanted and no longer c782 or 46.
    The only strange bit was that after the firmware was updated, frp lock in the bootloader disappeared, for this to re appear again i had to relock the bootloader to get it to show back up again. i then proceed to unlock again and it still stayed this time.
    Ive checked everything and everything is working okay now, Dual sim shows but even with second sim is inserted it shows all 00000000000. but the sim works fine and makes and receives calls as well as first sim
    hope this helps anyone else before using this method you can make it work but it aint as easy as following the prompts.
    I don't personally have any issues, but that's because I have an better idea about Huawei phones than some people do.
    The issues are with how you get the phone to boot into twrp, once the recovery is flashed, it's not seamless, you have to manually unplug the phone and quickly press up on the volume to get the phone to boot into recovery otherwise stock recovery will get rewritten. This isn't mentioned and the phone doesn't automatically reboot into recovery once it's flashed, so you can carry on with the script, the oeminfo flashing works fine, but again, once it's flashed it doesn't carry on with the script, it's just stops. At which point you need to reboot the phone and this is where you end up with the funky version number in system info like users are reporting. You then need to restart the script again, but this time get the bypass the oeminfo part and move to the system flash for the correct version for your new OEMinfo. This auto reboots into the no check erecovery but again, not sure if the version is compatible because it will get to 75 ish percent and fail to flash.
    At this point people end up with these funky system versions. This is why most people now use HRUpdater to flash the new system to get the system working and up and running again.
    I'm only telling you for your info, if you can work these issues out, this software would be great, will allow people to seamlessly rebrand their phones into a dual SIM or other areas in one seamless system. Which people will love and make the software you've made a lot more popular.
    More info here
    and here