HYDROGEN OS Android 10 for OnePlus 5 Beta 2 (1/05/2020)

Search This thread

Alipk52

May 14, 2011
Karachi
Can't we install and run this Ron with encrypted partition? I am currently on custom Android 10 ROM, and post of users asking about decryption has confused me, do they want decrypted ROM which doesn't require entering passwords on recovery or they can't decrypt it even by entering correct password?

gersomfcomiano

Jul 31, 2019
Anyone able to use Google Drive backup?

Mine is stuck as per below image.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200419-161533__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20200419-161533__01.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 435

Topstiks

Apr 24, 2020
My experience

I did local upgrade from 9.0.9 without wipe. It went smoothly. Although about 10% of apps crashed at launch and 70% apps were terribly slow and lagged all the time. All and all I decided to wipe all data and try again. Wiped data, opened TWRP to flash OS again when I realized that my files were corrupted. I didn't have any kind of screen lock and TWRP didn't ask me to decrypt or anything like that. Now I'm gonna flash stock OS 9.0.11 from adb. Wouldn't recommend this on your daily driver. Otherwise everything that worked, worked well. Some google apps worked flawlessly (others fell into that 70% unusable lag or 10% ain't crash).

gersomfcomiano

Jul 31, 2019
Can't wait for the OxygenOS 10 to arrive. I'll make a clean install and behave like I've got a new phone ?
I've done this since I got my hands on this Hydrogen Os ??

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

dirty flashed, but make sure remove all screen lock, first time was stuck at "phone is starting". but after removed all screen lock, dirty flashed, flawless
Just did the same. Dirty flash from previous DP3... No issues so far. And I'm not able to tell any difference from DP 3.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Update:

Now Google Drive backup is working fine, and Customization no longer changes clock and font styles when changed to dark mode to and fro light mode.

chobztopz

Sep 2, 2010
Jakarta
[/COLOR]
Just did the same. Dirty flash from previous DP3... No issues so far. And I'm not able to tell any difference from DP 3.

One thing for me, WiFI 5ghz work better than before, but somehow slow at start then better

Reactions: gersomfcomiano

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
The only remaining problem is to download large apps/games on playstore, download in loops without install after obb/additional files downloaded. Alternative is Apkpure.

brmbjn

Mar 17, 2015
Bojonegoro
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone