HydrogenOS Android 11 Beta (OnePlus 7 Pro)

Search This thread

laikexpert

Feb 27, 2012
CyberSpace
Local upgrade OnePlus 7 Pro
From Beta/Stable OxygenOS to HydrogenOS Android 11 Beta

1.) Download zip file HydrogenOS Android 11 Beta 1 3.61 GB from Official server
and copy it to the root of the internal memory
i.e., not in a folder such as Downloads, for example).
2.) Go to Settings> System> System Updates> Click the gear at the top right>
Local Upgrade> Click on the appropriate installation package> Update
3.) After the update is completed, click Restart
4.) The update was successful.

Note:
When u switch back to OxygenOS
your data will be wiped, so be sure to backup first.

Last edited:
Reactions: EVOLw

vegetaleb

I downloaded the Beta yesterday night and didn't flash it yet, now people are saying the OOS version will come out between today and tomorrow, so I will hold my horses
Though is it true there is no AOD?
Then did you try to flash clock and OOS launcher apk from OP 8 (apkmirror) to unlock AOD?
I am pretty sure they either hid the AOD codes like they did with OP 5 or you can add it with OP 8 apks

Last edited:

eshipp31

Jul 11, 2015
Okay, been racking my brain on how to get recovery to work. Tried formatting data in twrp, flashing OOS 11 then the orange fox recovery and still end up stuck with the recovery screen flashing.
@
laikexpert
Could you please help those of us that needs a few pointers in the right direction, your help will greatly be appreciated.

I'm having same issues how did you get recovery screen to stop flashing and boot back

RokCruz

Nov 18, 2014
Mexico
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 10 Pro
I gave up trying to install this recovery, changed the slot to my previous version and booted normal twrp and flashed OOS 11 without recovery. Right now I am just rooted without recovery.

- Update Magisk 21.3 for A10 and A11

Just boot twrp(I used 3.4)
Flash hydrogenos and don't reboot, flash orangefox recovery from quoted message and also let it to install magisk and reboot!
Now you have HydrogenOS, magisk and orangefox recovery

omar302

Feb 15, 2006
Doha
HTC 10
OnePlus 7 Pro
I posted this same question in the OnePlus community forums, hope I can get an answer here. Thanks.

I have flashed this A11 beta over Oxygen Beta 19, I am facing one major issue, in the phone app, the names are not showing if the call has the number without the country code.

For example, I have the contact saved as +974xxxxxxxx.
+974 is the country calling code, if I dial or receive a call with the number only xxxxxxxx without the +974 the phone app will NOT show the name. Only the number. I tried clearing data for the phone app, but still not show. Even true caller will show the saved name.

Grrreg

Dec 30, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Note:

Ugh. Made the mistake late last night when bored to try switching to hydrogen. Though I like the cleanliness of the UI there are just too many apps that don't work. Unfortunately despite the above comment, I don't see any quick way back to Oxygen. Do I have to wait for android 11 Oxygen to release now?

@soka

Aug 8, 2014
Glencoe
Ugh. Made the mistake late last night when bored to try switching to hydrogen. Though I like the cleanliness of the UI there are just too many apps that don't work. Unfortunately despite the above comment, I don't see any quick way back to Oxygen. Do I have to wait for android 11 Oxygen to release now?

The pie roll back zip , still works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OnePlus started rolling out
    HydrogenOS Android 11 Beta
    for OnePlus 7 Pro

HOS 11 beta1.jpg
    HOS 11 Ambient.png

HydrogenOS Android 11 Beta 1

Changelog;

- System

• Update to the deeply customized hydrogen OS 11 system based on Android 11
    • Renew the UI visual design, optimize many details, bring a more comfortable visual perception
    • Optimize the stability of some tripartite applications to improve user experience

- Camera
    • The new version of the camera UI interface optimizes some functional paths and makes the operation more convenient
    • Added HEVC high-efficiency video storage format, lossless image quality to reduce video storage volume
    • Added a preview of the shooting interface to support long-press one-click sharing, direct access to the application you need to share
    • Newly added press the capture button to start fast recording, and support sliding this button to zoom and lock quickly during shooting, easy to record without restriction
    • Added playback duration display for time-lapse shooting, intuitively grasp the actual content duration

- Information screen display
    • Added "Time" screen display custom style, which is jointly designed with students of Parsons School of Design, and changes constantly according to the data of the mobile phone use time (setting path: settings-personalization-clock style)
    • Newly added shadow painting function, which can automatically draw your lock screen photo into a dedicated wireframe (path: settings-personalization-wallpaper-shadow painting-select photo preview to quickly generate)

- Dark mode
    • Add shortcut switch to dark mode, pull down the shortcut setting to turn it on
    • The dark mode supports the setting of automatic opening and time period (setting path: setting-display-dark mode-automatic opening-according to sunset and sunrise / custom time to open)

- Negative one screen
    • New negative one-screen interface design, the layout of the section is clear at a glance
    • Add weather widget, animation effect is more smart

- Gallery
    • Intelligent one-week review function, which can intelligently generate videos according to the material situation to keep good memories
    • Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the picture preview is faster

Official download link (3.61 GB)

HydrogenOS 11 Beta for OnePlus 7Pro (Info)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Local upgrade OnePlus 7 Pro
    From Beta/Stable OxygenOS to HydrogenOS Android 11 Beta

1.) Download zip file HydrogenOS Android 11 Beta 1 3.61 GB from Official server
    and copy it to the root of the internal memory
    i.e., not in a folder such as Downloads, for example).
    2.) Go to Settings> System> System Updates> Click the gear at the top right>
    Local Upgrade> Click on the appropriate installation package> Update
    3.) After the update is completed, click Restart
    4.) The update was successful.

Note:
    Can this be flashed on international in twrp?
    You can flash from Open Beta/Stable OxygenOS to HydrogenOS Android 11 Beta 1
    and everything will remain, Root and applications, etc.
    Just do not forget to disable the modules of Magisk.
    I also face this same problem,

Fix:flash stock boot.img attached

What languages are available?

Chines and English
    Not sure to be honest, I know it won't allow a local upgrade to a previous version, it may do if they're both Open Betas, I would suggest removing your security lock first (i.e. Change from pin/pattern to None) to save any encryption issues, you should be able to place it back on once you install OxygenOS
    Managed to get from H2OS11 to OOS11.
    Used local file upgrade and rolled back to a rollback image I found in the FAQ thread here.
    Let updates update
    Did local file upgrade to OOS11
    Much happier on the Oxygen side of town. Items that didnt work for me in Hydrogen do now and no Chinese bloatwear