I accidently wiped out everything on my phone including backup copy. its working only in recovery mode. How to fix it? Help me !!!

Search This thread

Skorwool

Mar 18, 2021
I accidently wiped out everything on my phone except twrp and i mean everything including my backup copy. phone is working only in recovery mode and only in that mode i can connect it to pc. i lost all system files. How to fix it using recovery mode, can i flash it from orginial image if i can how exactly. Which adb commands use im lost here. Pls help.

melmacjim

Dec 27, 2011
New York
Afaict, it sounds like you won't be able to recover any of the system files if you really did wipe them.

If it is possible, I can't help. :(

And if there no system installed on the phone, I don't think you'll be able to use adb commands.
However, you can use fastboot commands to identify and flash a new ROM to the phone.

Code:
fastboot devices
fastboot flash zip WHATEVER_ROM_FILE.zip

But I can point you to a ROM that will work on your phone, assuming the boot loader is unlocked and you've installed the TWRP recovery by TeamWin.

To flash the new rom, boot into the recovery (hold the power button + the volume down button), then connect the phone to the computer, transfer over the WHATEVER_ROM_FILE.zip, then use TWRP's "Install" menu to flash the zip file. Or you may just use the `fastboot flash zip` command to push the zip to the device and install it as it's in recovery mode.

I don't have any links to the original stock ROM, but here's a good Nexus5X ROM (LineageOS 17.1):

Note that anything with "blod" in its name is for the battery loop of death. You really only need to flash those ROMs if you're device got into one of those boot loops.

Good luck!