I am disappointed with many features missing in oxygenOS and other things

Search This thread

aryan2708

Jul 31, 2020
I am dissapointed with many missing features in oxygenOS and other things like :

1)Screen pinning with gestures is not possible even though google had implemented this quite a while ago.

2)Bloatware like multiple "file" apps and netflix

3)How confusing it is to access emergency contacts through lock screen

4)Users cannot directly login to their account from lock screen by typing their respective password. It takes too much of time in switching profiles.

5)Call recorded filling the view in voice recorder, it should be in a folder when we swipe right in recorder.

6)Lift to wake feature not present.(the app made for this is a hit or miss sometimes and does not work with ambient display, but kudos to the developer)

7)Being switched off easily without passcode so if stolen the thief can quickly get away. ( I know there are other ways but thiefs are not that smart i assume)

8)60fps video is considerably dull compared to 30fps both in hd and 4k.

9)Manual focus does not provide complete range of focus in pro mode, and you can only shoot from main lens in pro. 48mp mode is also hidden there..

10)System software using 27gb of internal storage, would have bought the 256 gb variant if i knew about this.

And many many other countless things i can't remember at the moment but could be improved very easily by oneplus.
Do you agree with me or am i wrong at some places ? This is my first post so don't hesitate to point out my mistakes.

bhavstech

Aug 24, 2013
Mumbai
You expect too much, if you were so concerned with such minute things, you might have stuck with your previous OEM
Oneplus doesnt know what you are used to and what you want, they provide what they feel is best, you should have done a through research if you had such needs, also there are barely 2-3 promotional apps which you call bloatware. Also the file app which you say is installed on every android device by default which is triggered when sharing, its just oneplus gave you an icon to access it separetly too.

Last edited:

Pantumaca

Sep 26, 2016
I am dissapointed with many missing features in oxygenOS and other things like :

1)Screen pinning with gestures is not possible even though google had implemented this quite a while ago.

2)Bloatware like multiple "file" apps and netflix

3)How confusing it is to access emergency contacts through lock screen

4)Users cannot directly login to their account from lock screen by typing their respective password. It takes too much of time in switching profiles.

5)Call recorded filling the view in voice recorder, it should be in a folder when we swipe right in recorder.

6)Lift to wake feature not present.(the app made for this is a hit or miss sometimes and does not work with ambient display, but kudos to the developer)

7)Being switched off easily without passcode so if stolen the thief can quickly get away. ( I know there are other ways but thiefs are not that smart i assume)

8)60fps video is considerably dull compared to 30fps both in hd and 4k.

9)Manual focus does not provide complete range of focus in pro mode, and you can only shoot from main lens in pro. 48mp mode is also hidden there..

10)System software using 27gb of internal storage, would have bought the 256 gb variant if i knew about this.

And many many other countless things i can't remember at the moment but could be improved very easily by oneplus.
Do you agree with me or am i wrong at some places ? This is my first post so don't hesitate to point out my mistakes.

2)Netflix: is mandatory to get HDR certification (Netflix mandatory)

6) You have that option under system settings.

7) All phones, computers, servers... All of them can (and MUST) be switched off without password or software related requisite.

10)A/B partitions (Google mandatory). Thanks to that we can participate in beta programs and have quicker updates.

Last edited:

aryan2708

Jul 31, 2020
2)Netflix: is mandatory to get HDR certification (Netflix mandatory)

6) You have that option under system settings.

7) All phones, computers, servers... All of them can (and MUST) be switched off without password or software related requisite.

10)A/B partitions (Google mandatory). Thanks to that we can participate in beta programs and have quicker updates.

In samsung mobiles, you are required to put the password before switching off the phone. So i wish that could also be implemented in oneplus.

The lift to wake feature i want is when I pickup the phone, it completely unlocks after seeing my face which is not present.

I wish i also knew about the 27gb thing cause then i would have bought the 256 because overall the phone is great.

Ik i am nitpicking but some points are still valid.

Last edited:

Pantumaca

Sep 26, 2016
In samsung mobiles, you are required to put the password before switching off the phone. So i wish that could also be implemented in oneplus.

The lift to wake feature i want is when I pickup the phone, it completely unlocks after seeing my face which is not present.

I wish i also knew about the 27gb thing cause then i would have bought the 256 because overall the phone is great.

Ik i am nitpicking but some points are still valid.

About Samsung mobiles, I guess you are talking about normal switch off. There is an emergency switch off (vol- + power)that should overrides any pin (in any manufacturer).

Ok, you mean get into home screen. Well, that is a personal preference. I prefer to stay into lock screen but with the notifications expanded to see if I really want/need to unlock the phone.

The space used by the system is that way since android 9. All we know that android is about 10gb so if you have two partitions (A/B) it will be twice the space used. All manufacturers warn about it into the specs with something like "the space available for the user will be less due to blablabla...".

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You expect too much, if you were so concerned with such minute things, you might have stuck with your previous OEM
    Oneplus doesnt know what you are used to and what you want, they provide what they feel is best, you should have done a through research if you had such needs, also there are barely 2-3 promotional apps which you call bloatware. Also the file app which you say is installed on every android device by default which is triggered when sharing, its just oneplus gave you an icon to access it separetly too.