I am done testing Ainol's products

Search This thread
I have a Cherry Mobile Fusion Bolt, said to be an rebranded Ainol Novo 7 Venus/Myth, there is a bit of difference from your review:

Android 4.1.1 JB Kernel 3.4.0+ Build number Cherry_A610_V2
1Ghz Quadcore Cpu
7" HD IPS 5pt. Capacitive touch panel
Micro SD slot for card up to 32GB
8GB Nand Flash instead of 16GB
The cpu is an A9 in stead of the A5
1GB Ram
Wifi
Micro USB 2.0
VGA front camera, 2MP back camera
Super HD 2160p
4000mAh battery
3G support through dongle
OTG but cable not supplied by Cherry Mobile(you can buy it in CDR-King for 60 pesos).
Its rooted but missing SU, so if checked with root Checker from Play store, it comes up as non-rooted, Installing Superuser or SuperSU solves this, checking with Rootchecker again now says rooted.

I had(as many others) problem connecting to my Windows PC(Laptop), but after downloading a flash tool from the site below, my PC found the tablet when connecting the usb(I guess windows searched my PC and found the drivers in the folder of the flash tool):
http://calcunico.blogspot.com/2013/04/latest-firmwares-for-cherry-mobile.html

It just don't pop-up with the menu for USB storage, you have to click on notification to get to that.

Cherry Mobile has NO support for this model on their homepage, funny since all their shops are out of stock with this model. I had to buy mine from a different shop.
Ainol is even worse since their site is chinese only, can be used through Google translate, but then the search function doesn't work and you have to read through many pages and not finding anything.

Anyone know how to ad more 3G modems to the built-in support list so that I can get my Huawei E1552 to work? I have tried allmost all the tips & tricks on the net, just don't dare touching the system files until I have a full backup.

Could someone help me with a complete step by step guide on how to make backup on this model, so I have an option for recovery in case of breakdown?

Thanx in advance:)

JBJ

jsuarezcasana

Nov 11, 2010
Sad to hear that, still, I'm using a THL, which is so clone of the S3/S4 that it hurts,
still decent and cheap though, I recommend it.

c933103

Feb 10, 2011
The content of the original thread is cleared.

I used to be quite a fan of Ainol, but it seems that their main focus at the moment is to bring lots of "earth trash" products to the market. And they don't respect honest reviews, all they want is for testers to advertise their products. And I don't write that kind of articles.

Here is my announcement: There will be no more reviews of Ainol products from me, and I wish them all the happiness in the world with the crappy so-called quad core ATM7029 SoC! :(devil)::(devil)::(devil)::(devil):
I don't think Ainol should be blamed in this case. The problem of this cpu is it use a low-cost/performance nano-architecture of Cortex A5, and HTC, Samsung etc. also released some quad core phone with this nanoarchitecture and selling at price 3 times as much as this one. For example Galaxy Win/Desire 600. That is the market looking for more core instead of looking for better PR causing CPU manufacturer produce these CPU and let factories use the chip. That's just a marketing strategy.

urefowei

Apr 16, 2013
skingineers.wordpress.com
For the information of everyone, I have Cherry Mobilel Fusion Bolt.
I just brought mine for a 7-days replacement warranty after hanging, screen freezing, and some buzzing sound I
experience once in a while [probably 4-6 times a day]. I do not think it's a software problem but a poor built and quality.
I just hope I get a newer and better Fubo.

copit208

Jan 23, 2012
san juan capistrano
Ainol total lack of support

I
t is sad that Ainol has such total lack of after sale support. I have had 2 Ainol tablets,Paladin and Flame. I really liked both of them but you must hope that nothing goes wrong because if it weren't for the excellent forums on line you would be hung out to dry. When my flame developed problems I spent untold hours trying to get it up and running,but was never able to revive it. Writing to Ainol was a waste of time.

Act 2 , I truly love the tablet concept,I travel a lot and it is by travel buddy.In Japan a week ago my Flame,flamed out.A bit of a disaster as it was my means of communication,entertainment,(books, movies,tv on a micro chip) So I took a peek at Ainol's latest dazzler,and the products are awesome,but the service is non existent.With this in mind I bought a lesser tablet with support ,an 888 number,US office and available at Walmart.

I am happy with my Hisense sero7 pro. Ainol must change its focus to support its product better or they will not nor should they,survive.

W

bakrz

Jan 12, 2011
Stock firmware for ainol numy note7

I
t is sad that Ainol has such total lack of after sale support. I have had 2 Ainol tablets,Paladin and Flame. I really liked both of them but you must hope that nothing goes wrong because if it weren't for the excellent forums on line you would be hung out to dry. When my flame developed problems I spent untold hours trying to get it up and running,but was never able to revive it. Writing to Ainol was a waste of time.

Act 2 , I truly love the tablet concept,I travel a lot and it is by travel buddy.In Japan a week ago my Flame,flamed out.A bit of a disaster as it was my means of communication,entertainment,(books, movies,tv on a micro chip) So I took a peek at Ainol's latest dazzler,and the products are awesome,but the service is non existent.With this in mind I bought a lesser tablet with support ,an 888 number,US office and available at Walmart.

I am happy with my Hisense sero7 pro. Ainol must change its focus to support its product better or they will not nor should they,survive.

W

You are absolutely right. Ainol has to provide aftersales service. I recently bought a numy Note7 octa core phablet when i was in Singapore but now i am using it most of the time in Bangkok. I like the tab but worried if it suddenly stop to work for whatever reason it may be. I have n searching all over the internet to download the stock firmware foe my numy Notr 7 but till noe I could not find it. It ha been more than 2 months now. If anyonr knoes where to download the firmware please direct mr to the site.. It will be most appreciated. This model is not even available for sale in Thailand as of this writing.

Thanks in advance.

bakrz

Jan 12, 2011
Stock firmware for ainol numy note7

You are absolutely right. Ainol has to provide aftersales service. I recently bought a numy Note7 octa core phablet when i was in Singapore but now i am using it most of the time in Bangkok. I like the tab but worried if it suddenly stop to work for whatever reason it may be. I have n searching all over the internet to download the stock firmware foe my numy Notr 7 but till noe I could not find it. It ha been more than 2 months now. If anyonr knoes where to download the firmware please direct mr to the site.. It will be most appreciated. This model is not even available for sale in Thailand as of this writing.

Thanks in advance.

Added:26 09 14

Got the firmware from ainol. They are helpful i must say. Bravo Ainol!

bakrz

Jan 12, 2011
Numy note7 firmware

I was too early to praise their service follow up. They lead me to the firmware site and I found 2 different img files so I wrote to them and asked which one I should use. They did not respond. After a few days I wtote again and asked one more time and they just ignored it. So, be careful for those who is deciding to buy ainol products. To be safe look into other vendors with probably better products, and afttersales support. There are now many vendors making 7" phablets using the mtk6592 octa core soc. Google for them and read comments from users and choose a vendor with the best after sales support.

Added 29 Nov 2014

Bluetooth does not work when making voice or video call from Line or other chat apps. using clip on stereo earphones even though it says that bluetooth on this phablet is version 4. Very surprising. Wnen Line negitiate connection this phablet reboots. Disgusting!

Last edited:

misant777

Mar 12, 2014
Why is working with Ainol's products such a PITA?

So, I'm working with this POS Ainol Numy Note 7 crap heap and in spite of super masochistic gauntlet of MTK droid tools hell, there's still a problem with full root access for some reason. It makes no sense. I've installed SuperSU pro, updated the binary and have busybox pro installed also. I go to do certain things, such as run lucky patcher to patch very simple things and it says there's still a problem with root. Root Checker of course says I have root access.

I just want to know WHY this company's junk has to pose such a miserable F**king time of getting root access? Seriously. Is root access somehow still restricted by the firmware so that some Chinese servers can still communicate with the device to spy on the user or something? Why else should it be so dang difficult?

Ainol indeed. This company is the butthole of mobile world. Worse than apple, if that's possible.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The content of the original thread is cleared.

I used to be quite a fan of Ainol, but it seems that their main focus at the moment is to bring lots of "earth trash" products to the market. And they don't respect honest reviews, all they want is for testers to advertise their products. And I don't write that kind of articles.

Here is my announcement: There will be no more reviews of Ainol products from me, and I wish them all the happiness in the world with the crappy so-called quad core ATM7029 SoC! :(devil)::(devil)::(devil)::(devil):
    WIFI seems to be turning itself automatically whenever i turn off the screen/put the tablet on standby.
    Any way to disable this as I am having hardtime downloading apps due to this.
    Thanks for the review. I was looking to buy a Chinese (with English Language) quad core tablet for my younger sister, maybe 10". Can you recommend any?
    Re: In Depth Review of Ainol NOVO7 Venus Quad Core Tablet

Thanks for the review. I was looking to buy a Chinese (with English Language) quad core tablet for my younger sister, maybe 10". Can you recommend any?

I would suggest pipo m9.

Sent from my XT910 using xda premium
    [ROM Release] [0408 firmware update 4.2.2]

[ROM Release] [0408 firmware update 4.2.2]
    Novo7 myth quad-core 0407V1 Edition: http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=341968&uk=420337580

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

[ROM Release] 4.1.1 firmware 0328 quite stable than 4.2.2 firmware 0408
    http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=317203&uk=420337580 :good: