Question I am stuck in fastboot and can only boot into fastboot please help??

Search This thread

kinkoff85

Dec 3, 2021
I can only accsess fastboot and cannot reboot into anything except fastboot.... I tried extracting the payload bin but can only flash a few lines then I am told to reboot into fastbootd but cannot access that either... I cannot access recoveries either and I have tried to flash them but still wont budge... any ideas??

Reactions: xifo.0001

xifo.0001

Mar 13, 2021
I just typed a whole guide on how I managed to solve this in detail and the tab got closed out... in short then, download Qualcomm drivers and not oneplus's. There are many drivers in the file, just extract the whole thing and point to the file on device manager and include subfolders. It should find which I think was the HS-USB QDloader 9008 driver then install. Make sure you download the correct MSM for your version. The latest for global (or O2) is only hosted on one server and was going to take 12 hours to download on highspeed internet so I used lemonadep_22_O.05_210324 being 11.2.2.2. Use the Win7 version. Even though you cannot use EDL, you can reference these key combinations to get it recognized. If you're having a completely black screen, use the all button press hold until it vibrates. Make sure you are shutdown all the way and if needed use fastboot to. With MSM opened, drivers installed, and phone off, hold both vol keys and connect to PC. Hit Enum to refresh connections and hopefully it shows up and you can get a successful download complete. I found that the black screen was actually the device being in recovery mode. It was possible to successfully enter recovery using boot with power and volume down at times, although all sideload OTA's (along with prior fastboot flash boot *.img, fastboot -w, fastboot update, fastboot reboot-edl, ect.) failed. There was a lot of trial and error where just repeating some things after they had failed almost magically started working or stopped however this process is what worked in my case.

holydemon

Dec 9, 2020
I just typed a whole guide on how I managed to solve this in detail and the tab got closed out... in short then, download Qualcomm drivers and not oneplus's. There are many drivers in the file, just extract the whole thing and point to the file on device manager and include subfolders. It should find which I think was the HS-USB QDloader 9008 driver then install. Make sure you download the correct MSM for your version. The latest for global (or O2) is only hosted on one server and was going to take 12 hours to download on highspeed internet so I used lemonadep_22_O.05_210324 being 11.2.2.2. Use the Win7 version. Even though you cannot use EDL, you can reference these key combinations to get it recognized. If you're having a completely black screen, use the all button press hold until it vibrates. Make sure you are shutdown all the way and if needed use fastboot to. With MSM opened, drivers installed, and phone off, hold both vol keys and connect to PC. Hit Enum to refresh connections and hopefully it shows up and you can get a successful download complete. I found that the black screen was actually the device being in recovery mode. It was possible to successfully enter recovery using boot with power and volume down at times, although all sideload OTA's (along with prior fastboot flash boot *.img, fastboot -w, fastboot update, fastboot reboot-edl, ect.) failed. There was a lot of trial and error where just repeating some things after they had failed almost magically started working or stopped however this process is what worked in my case.
After hundreds of trys I finally got it scared ****less that I lost my phone.

Last edited:

holydemon

Dec 9, 2020
lol same here, you say it's working now though?
Yeah but that was a hassle should've been easier to reach that interface. I was almost sending it to service for nothing but a stupid unreachable interface nonsense.

Also to note when I tried with original cable from the box was successful the other usb cable gave me problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: xifo.0001

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can only accsess fastboot and cannot reboot into anything except fastboot.... I tried extracting the payload bin but can only flash a few lines then I am told to reboot into fastbootd but cannot access that either... I cannot access recoveries either and I have tried to flash them but still wont budge... any ideas??
    lol same here, you say it's working now though?
    Yeah but that was a hassle should've been easier to reach that interface. I was almost sending it to service for nothing but a stupid unreachable interface nonsense.

Also to note when I tried with original cable from the box was successful the other usb cable gave me problems.