I am stuck on twrp and cant boot up [SUPER STRESSED PLS HELP!!!]

Search This thread

akico04

Jun 15, 2018
Ok. I am not a developer. I am a teenager just messing around with my phone. Basically, the whole story is that I tried updating my ota while keeping root and twrp right and i was following the video. everything was going smoothily until i got back and for some reason my magisk couldn't set up correctly. I twas there but it wasn't setting up the files and whatnot. So i restarted and got into twrp recovery. Based on some xda forums and threads and a few youtube videos I gifured out that my twrp couldn't detect ANTHING on my phone's internal storage. SO i ended up formatting the data and when i tried rebooting the system it didn't boot up it just brought me straight back to twrp. PLS HELP. Thank you.

someone who is super knowledgeable would be greatly appreciated. This phone means a lot to me and I don't want it to break! PLS! thanks again.

Bradl79

May 25, 2008
J'Ville
download the OOS full zip, TWRP v70, and magisk v20
move to your device while in TWRP
from twrp install the OS full zip
Install TWRP
Reboot back to TWRP
Install Magisk
Boot to OS.

future reference to update. Download full zip from Oxygen Updater or System Updates
go to system updates and click on gear icon and local install
click on OS full zip
once done DO NOT REBOOT
go to magisk and install twrp as magisk module (DO NOT REBOOT)
install magisk via After OTA Install.
Reboot

Reactions: akico04

akico04

Jun 15, 2018
Install TWRP
Reboot back to TWRP
Install Magisk
Boot to OS.

future reference to update. Download full zip from Oxygen Updater or System Updates
click on OS full zip
once done DO NOT REBOOT
Reboot

but u see the problem is that i cant transfer data onto twrp bc data "couldn't mount" what do i do now? I also used oxygen updater as well with local upgrade. this was for the 10.0.1 update

akico04

Jun 15, 2018
Install TWRP
Reboot back to TWRP
Install Magisk
Boot to OS.

click on OS full zip
once done DO NOT REBOOT
Reboot

there is also a fix recoevery bootloop option available in twrp when u press advanced im wondering if thats a viable option?
because right now i turn it on and it bootloops once back into twrp

akico04

Jun 15, 2018
Install TWRP
Reboot back to TWRP
Install Magisk
Boot to OS.

click on OS full zip
once done DO NOT REBOOT
Reboot

im also not exactly sure how to "boot to os" could u be more specific pls thanks!

akico04

Jun 15, 2018
Install TWRP
Reboot back to TWRP
Install Magisk
Boot to OS.

click on OS full zip
once done DO NOT REBOOT
Reboot

also when i plug my computer in in twrp on my computer my phone says that the folder is empty. im scared help :(

majmuni

Jan 10, 2011
Hi you still there

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

With twrp on and computer hooked up to phone can you see the phone folder into the computer

majmuni

Jan 10, 2011
Well the idea is to put something on your phone so you can flash it . I have done it same place you are i have been i put the files to flash and i flash them and i was Good

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

If not just do the msm restore i know its frustrating but you have to do a lot of reading research you can restore your phone

kgs1992

May 8, 2012
Bangalore
Last edited:
Reactions: Bradl79

Bradl79

May 25, 2008
J'Ville
Try to format Data in twrp, not the factory reset or data wipe, the one where u type yes, then reboot back to twrp and see if you can mount data. If all else fails use the msm tool

Reactions: aNGERY

akico04

Jun 15, 2018
Try to format Data in twrp, not the factory reset or data wipe, the one where u type yes, then reboot back to twrp and see if you can mount data. If all else fails use the msm tool

i tried it and it didn't work. that was got me into this mess in the first place. my twrp couldnt detect internal storage so i formatted it and typed yes, now cant boot up. i am also not sure what msm tool is pls explain.

Bradl79

May 25, 2008
J'Ville
i tried it and it didn't work. that was got me into this mess in the first place. my twrp couldnt detect internal storage so i formatted it and typed yes, now cant boot up. i am also not sure what msm tool is pls explain.

I would try what the above poster said and use the fastboot Rom first. What model device do u have?

djsubterrain

Jan 4, 2012
Livingston
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9 Pro
As advised previously, I would download the latest Fastboot pack from this thread. Unpack the zip file and then use the batch files to install the partitions you want. I would recommend the flash-all one.

After that, I would recommend buying similar items to the following :

USB C to USB 3.0 Male Adapter
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07KXHNY5F

SanDisk Ultra USB Type-C 16 GB
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01BUSMYHC

This will let you hold the files required for fixing your issues on a usb drive which you can use with your phone, the interface is for using the same with your computer to transfer the files. If you keep the usb drive with you then you should be able to resolve issues as long as you can get TWRP installed.

TWRP will allow you load/flash files from the usb drive, just tap on the "Storage" button and you'll see the USB storage as an option. Make sure anything you want is in the "Android" folder on the drive.

I would definitely recommend downloading TWRP, Magisk v20 and the full latest release of OOS and keeping these on the drive, then you know you have a route back to a working phone.

For future reference, if you root your phone you cannot install an OTA, you must install the full zip.

Also, if you flash TWRP, you have to install Magisk afterward to retain root privileges.

Last edited:

akico04

Jun 15, 2018
I would try what the above poster said and use the fastboot Rom first. What model device do u have?

i have the 1917 one i think the nebula blue 8gb ram and 256 international version of the oneplus 7 pro. what does the fastboot rom do? also can i just flash file remotely through the bootloader and a pc?

Bradl79

May 25, 2008
J'Ville
i have the 1917 one i think the nebula blue 8gb ram and 256 international version of the oneplus 7 pro. what does the fastboot rom do? also can i just flash file remotely through the bootloader and a pc?

That is what the fastboot Rom does, it will flash all partitions

akico04

Jun 15, 2018
That is what the fastboot Rom does, it will flash all partitions

by fastboot rom is that just the bootloader? because as of now that still works i just don't know ho to use it. only twrp recovery isn't working and its really stressing meeee. does that mean i can flash things via the bootloader mode or whatever its called; fastboot? thx for the help its relieving my stress. im just happy that my phone isnt bricked. also my bootloader IS unlocked so i think that helps. i look forward to ur response!

Balino

Mar 3, 2011
Gaeta
This phone is quite troublesome to flash lol I had problems aswell, bricked 3/4 times! I used msm tool to recover It.
I figured out how things works after multiple Bad results.
I think things are getting more complicated year After year

K4Y3R

Dec 16, 2013
Chemnitz
This phone is quite troublesome to flash lol I had problems aswell, bricked 3/4 times! I used msm tool to recover It.
I figured out how things works after multiple Bad results.
I think things are getting more complicated year After year

I mean thats learning by doing and everyone did that ( I struggled with OP6), but if you get behind this whole a/b scheme and understand what does what and when to flash it you wont brick anything (unless you try pre alpha recoveries and the recovery fails).

So i think the best option is to either stay stock (stock is nearly perfect rn, just if you need magisk install it) or to "learn" how to resolve some issues youll get when flashing custom roms
the worst thing you can do is to just follow some guides and wonder if something fails

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As advised previously, I would download the latest Fastboot pack from this thread. Unpack the zip file and then use the batch files to install the partitions you want. I would recommend the flash-all one.

After that, I would recommend buying similar items to the following :

USB C to USB 3.0 Male Adapter
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07KXHNY5F

SanDisk Ultra USB Type-C 16 GB
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01BUSMYHC

This will let you hold the files required for fixing your issues on a usb drive which you can use with your phone, the interface is for using the same with your computer to transfer the files. If you keep the usb drive with you then you should be able to resolve issues as long as you can get TWRP installed.

TWRP will allow you load/flash files from the usb drive, just tap on the "Storage" button and you'll see the USB storage as an option. Make sure anything you want is in the "Android" folder on the drive.

I would definitely recommend downloading TWRP, Magisk v20 and the full latest release of OOS and keeping these on the drive, then you know you have a route back to a working phone.

For future reference, if you root your phone you cannot install an OTA, you must install the full zip.

Also, if you flash TWRP, you have to install Magisk afterward to retain root privileges.
    Install TWRP
    Reboot back to TWRP
    Install Magisk
    Boot to OS.

click on OS full zip
    once done DO NOT REBOOT
    Reboot
    I think it's best you flash a fastboot ROM since you have already lost all your data.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7-pro/how-to/rom-stock-fastboot-roms-oneplus-7-pro-t3931424

Calm down, have a cup of coffee, charge your phone for a bit and then follow this guide. Good luck.

EDIT: Important to note that you can hold down vol + and vol - immediately when booting to get into fastboot
    by fastboot rom is that just the bootloader? because as of now that still works i just don't know ho to use it. only twrp recovery isn't working and its really stressing meeee. does that mean i can flash things via the bootloader mode or whatever its called; fastboot? thx for the help its relieving my stress. im just happy that my phone isnt bricked. also my bootloader IS unlocked so i think that helps. i look forward to ur response!

You can't really brick your phone to where it is completely recoverable. We have unbricking tools that help. The fastboot rom allows you to flash the partitions via bootloader. so Boot to the Bootloader and plug your device in to PC and make to had downloaded the fastboot rom of your current OS version. Unzip the file and click on the flash-all.bat

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone