I am stuck on twrp and cant boot up [SUPER STRESSED PLS HELP!!!]

Search This thread

Bradl79

May 25, 2008
J'Ville
by fastboot rom is that just the bootloader? because as of now that still works i just don't know ho to use it. only twrp recovery isn't working and its really stressing meeee. does that mean i can flash things via the bootloader mode or whatever its called; fastboot? thx for the help its relieving my stress. im just happy that my phone isnt bricked. also my bootloader IS unlocked so i think that helps. i look forward to ur response!

You can't really brick your phone to where it is completely recoverable. We have unbricking tools that help. The fastboot rom allows you to flash the partitions via bootloader. so Boot to the Bootloader and plug your device in to PC and make to had downloaded the fastboot rom of your current OS version. Unzip the file and click on the flash-all.bat

Last edited:
Reactions: akico04

akico04

Jun 15, 2018
You can't really brick your phone to where it is completely recoverable. We have unbricking tools that help. The fastboot rom allows you to flash the partitions via bootloader. so Boot to the Bootloader and plug your device in to PC and make to had downloaded the fastboot rom of your current OS version. Unzip the file and click on the flash-all.bat

omg a video that is super helpful i REALLY appreciate it! It all (sorta) makes sense now! awesome thanks!!!!

akico04

Jun 15, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el5mdIr7CHM
is the above video a possible option? it loks like it might work for me i really love the video u sent me tho its greatly appreciated im just wondering if the video above is of any help or i could follow it and "unbrick" my phone?

Bradl79

May 25, 2008
J'Ville
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el5mdIr7CHM
is the above video a possible option? it loks like it might work for me i really love the video u sent me tho its greatly appreciated im just wondering if the video above is of any help or i could follow it and "unbrick" my phone?

yes that is more complex if you do not have things set up properly. That video if for if you cannot get into anything even fastboot.

akico04

Jun 15, 2018
yes that is more complex if you do not have things set up properly. That video if for if you cannot get into anything even fastboot.

in the video in his file manager i see twrp.img at the bottom and i dont have that. do i need that to complete this process successfully? also another question, should i wipe anything at all or do any more steps before i do the flash-all.bat file? thanks

Last edited:

Bradl79

May 25, 2008
J'Ville
don't worry about the twrp.img, you just click on flash-all.bat you do not need to wipe anything, it will do it all automatically. Once done and it boots to OS, boot back to bootloader flash TWRP v70 via fastboot then boot to twrp and flash magisk.

akico04

Jun 15, 2018
don't worry about the twrp.img, you just click on flash-all.bat you do not need to wipe anything, it will do it all automatically. Once done and it boots to os, boot back to bootloader flash twrp v70 via fastboot then boot to twrp and flash magisk.

holy crap it worked!!! Virtual hug :))) thanks so much i will never forget your kindness sir!

akico04

Jun 15, 2018
don't worry about the twrp.img, you just click on flash-all.bat you do not need to wipe anything, it will do it all automatically. Once done and it boots to OS, boot back to bootloader flash TWRP v70 via fastboot then boot to twrp and flash magisk.

so by doing this i also get rid of my old nonworking twrp right? thats y i have to fastboot and flash it from there correct? also what is twrp v70 i only see 3.3.1? also do i flash the installer or img file?

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007

kgs1992

May 8, 2012
Bangalore
I don't understand why people flash a custom recovery at all. Pretty much all of the installation is done through magisk, why flash the recovery partition at all and risk getting into a mess?
Sorry for OT though.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
I don't understand why people flash a custom recovery at all. Pretty much all of the installation is done through magisk, why flash the recovery partition at all and risk getting into a mess?

I see what you are saying, to some extent. On past devices, custom recovery allowed you to easily (and prudently) make backups of your stock ROM before making mods. And to give you a recovery that is actually useful in emergencies (which stock recovery really is not). To me, being rooted without a custom recovery was insanity.

However, on this device, restoring backups is a bit more complicated and even problematic, from what I've seen posted. And it is easy enough to boot TWRP when you need it; as well as the presence of the stock fastboot ROMs which make it easy to revert to stock.

While I don't feel as strongly about the presence of an installed TWRP anymore, I still feel it gives you more options in an emergency. And I don't see a significant harm/risk in having a custom recovery on the device.

Reactions: o0ocloudako0o

ecompton59

Jan 9, 2015
Lexington,sc
Moto E4
OnePlus 8T
easy way is get fastbooy zip unzip it change flash-all.bat to flash-all.bat.txt then delete fastboot -w rename file to flash-all.bat then flash it still won't boot but go to stock recovery wipe data the one that lets you keep gile then it will boot and you keep everything on internal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As advised previously, I would download the latest Fastboot pack from this thread. Unpack the zip file and then use the batch files to install the partitions you want. I would recommend the flash-all one.

After that, I would recommend buying similar items to the following :

USB C to USB 3.0 Male Adapter
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07KXHNY5F

SanDisk Ultra USB Type-C 16 GB
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01BUSMYHC

This will let you hold the files required for fixing your issues on a usb drive which you can use with your phone, the interface is for using the same with your computer to transfer the files. If you keep the usb drive with you then you should be able to resolve issues as long as you can get TWRP installed.

TWRP will allow you load/flash files from the usb drive, just tap on the "Storage" button and you'll see the USB storage as an option. Make sure anything you want is in the "Android" folder on the drive.

I would definitely recommend downloading TWRP, Magisk v20 and the full latest release of OOS and keeping these on the drive, then you know you have a route back to a working phone.

For future reference, if you root your phone you cannot install an OTA, you must install the full zip.

Also, if you flash TWRP, you have to install Magisk afterward to retain root privileges.
    download the OOS full zip, TWRP v70, and magisk v20
    move to your device while in TWRP
    from twrp install the OS full zip
    Install TWRP
    Reboot back to TWRP
    Install Magisk
    Boot to OS.

future reference to update. Download full zip from Oxygen Updater or System Updates
    go to system updates and click on gear icon and local install
    click on OS full zip
    once done DO NOT REBOOT
    go to magisk and install twrp as magisk module (DO NOT REBOOT)
    install magisk via After OTA Install.
    Reboot
    I think it's best you flash a fastboot ROM since you have already lost all your data.
    https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-7-pro/how-to/rom-stock-fastboot-roms-oneplus-7-pro-t3931424

Calm down, have a cup of coffee, charge your phone for a bit and then follow this guide. Good luck.

EDIT: Important to note that you can hold down vol + and vol - immediately when booting to get into fastboot
    Try to format Data in twrp, not the factory reset or data wipe, the one where u type yes, then reboot back to twrp and see if you can mount data. If all else fails use the msm tool
    by fastboot rom is that just the bootloader? because as of now that still works i just don't know ho to use it. only twrp recovery isn't working and its really stressing meeee. does that mean i can flash things via the bootloader mode or whatever its called; fastboot? thx for the help its relieving my stress. im just happy that my phone isnt bricked. also my bootloader IS unlocked so i think that helps. i look forward to ur response!