Question I bought a OnePlus 9 Pro from OnePlus.com. Intending to use it at TMobile.

Search This thread

TAMARETTE

Mar 24, 2011
Belton
I am currently a Tmobile subscriber and I usually buy my OnePlus phones thru Tmobile. But this time I just purchased the phone outright from OnePlus.com. I received the phone on Mar 31st and everything works except when I go on the Tmobile website it still lists my OnePlus 9 pro as 'unknown phone'. For other people who have purchased their phones directly from Oneplus for use on Tmobile is this normal?? It's been 9 days and I am wondering. I still get 5g speeds and everything but Im an old worry wart. Thanks in advance.

schmeggy929

Recognized Themer
Apr 13, 2008
New Jersey
OnePlus 9 Pro
I am currently a Tmobile subscriber and I usually buy my OnePlus phones thru Tmobile. But this time I just purchased the phone outright from OnePlus.com. I received the phone on Mar 31st and everything works except when I go on the Tmobile website it still lists my OnePlus 9 pro as 'unknown phone'. For other people who have purchased their phones directly from Oneplus for use on Tmobile is this normal?? It's been 9 days and I am wondering. I still get 5g speeds and everything but Im an old worry wart. Thanks in advance.
Yes this normal, as both 9 Pro and 7 pro shows as unknown. Most likely is because I have been using the same SIM card since the 6T and taking it out and putting it in the newer model.

zoman7663

• May 23, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    Same here as well, but what's funny is I recently got a second line with an unlocked device on it as well and it shows up as it's supposed to. But mine has been an unknown device for about 7 or 8 phones now. I recently did upgrade my sim card to the newest version for 5G and it still shows as unknown.

TAMARETTE

Mar 24, 2011
    Belton
    Thanks guys n galz :0-) I just love the phone and it seems to be fine. I get blazing fast speeds and frankly could not be happier with my new phone. As long as I can take my phone anytime anywhere I won't worry.

Reactions: galaxys

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Yes this normal, as both 9 Pro and 7 pro shows as unknown. Most likely is because I have been using the same SIM card since the 6T and taking it out and putting it in the newer model.
      Mine is the same. I think it shows up that way for any device you didn't purchase from T-Mobile. (I could be wrong.)
      That would be false.

Disagree. The rep made it VERY clear. And the SIMs are colored.

From Tmo support:
      • While your current SIM card is 5G compatible, it is not capable of using the 5G standalone technology we recently rolled out.
      Thanks, so much that makes me feel a lot better.
      All of my phones that I purchased outside of T-mobile (all of the pixels, the 8pro and now the 9pro) show up as unknown even though T-mobile sells the phones.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone