I bought the last Samsung Galaxy Note

Search This thread

mydroidfren

Sep 10, 2013

I bought the last Samsung Galaxy Note.

After news broke out about Samsung not releasing an update for the Note series this year and enabling pen support on Samsung S21 Ultra, I decided it was time for me to upgrade my old Note 8 to the Samsung Galaxy Note 20.

I much prefer the smaller size compared to the Note 20 Ultra with the flat screen and plastic back. Together, with the ESR metal kickstand case, this will be my workhorse for a few more years.

I Will be doing a longer user review, so do hit the subscribe and notification button for the next video. #samsungnote20 #galaxynote

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
Exynos 990 octa-core processor
8GB RAM + 256GB ROM
6.7" FHD+ Super AMOLED Plus Infinity-O Display
One UI 2.5, Android 10
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rear Camera:
12MP F2.2, FF (Ultra Wide)
12MP F1.8, Dual Pixel AF, OIS (Wide)
64MP F2.0, OIS (Tele)
Front Camera:
10MP F2.2, Dual Pixel AF, UHD Selfie
4,300 mAH Battery WiFi + LTE + 5G Bluetooth v5.0
SIM 1 + SIM 2
Water and Dust Resistance (IP68)

Last edited:

mydroidfren

Sep 10, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Real Camera Test

I will be doing a longer user review especially covering more of the camera in pro mode and see if it can produce great shots when done right.

Standard 4K: 3840x2160/30fps Bitrate 37Mbps
Super Steady On: 1920x1080/30fps Bitrate 14Mbps
Slow-mo: 1920x1080/240fps
Super Slow-mo: 1280x720/960fps
Ultra-wide: 12MP 1/2.55″ sensor
1.4µm pixels f/2.2 aperture Non OIS lens
Standard-wide: 12 MP 1/1.76″ sensor
1.8µm pixels f/1.8 aperture PDAF OIS lens
Telephoto: 64MP 1/1.72″ sensor
0.8µm pixels f/2.0 aperture PDAF OIS lens
Selfie: 10MP 1/3.2" sensor
1.22 µm pixels f/2.2-aperture Non OIS lens

mydroidfren

Sep 10, 2013

Took the Samsung Note 20 5G out to the lakeside with the Realme 7 5G for a quick camera comparison to test out how big the differences is between a budget midrange phone to a premium phone that is almost 3 times it's retail price.

Disappointed with the Note 20 selfie camera video in daylight and low light test. Rather soft, lacking details and stabilization is horrible.

Also, battery on the Exynos 5G model is totally bad!
Go to bed with 100% woke up with 80%... I had to force deep sleep to many app only managed to achieve 90% next morning.

Anyone facing this issue do drop some suggestions below on how to reduce the battery usage during standby. It's even worst than my old Note 8!

Pascal536

Apr 2, 2015
Anyone facing this issue do drop some suggestions below on how to reduce the battery usage during standby. It's even worst than my old Note 8!

When it works less well than before, it's called the progres :D