I bricked my Nexus S. Please help.

Search This thread

colettamiguel

Mar 29, 2012
I tried looking around the forums to see if someone has had this problem before. Couldn't find something similar.

I had stock 4.0.3 installed and I saw today that 4.0.4 was being pushed out. Since 4.0.3 wasn't a stock build I tried to downgrade to 2.3.6 in order to keep everything stock. I rooted the phone, installed the ROM Manager and flashed 2.3.6 through Clockworkmod Recovery. Everything went smoothly but when I powered on the phone force quit messages kept popping up and I can't get past the welcome screen. When I go into Fastboot mode and try to go in Recovery mode it just shows the Android symbol and a warning sign. I tried flashing a recovery .zip file I found online through fastboot but couldn't manage to do it (I'm on Mac OSX)

Can someone please help me? I'm completely desperate and wouldn't care about erasing everything (I think I already did, actually).

Thanks in advance.

gunness1991

Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
flash a recovery.img

that multiple fc happened to me when i installed a i9023 rom on my i9020a.
unzip the recovery.zip and flash the .img file through fastboot and make sure you have the right rom for your model

Last edited:

colettamiguel

Mar 29, 2012
Thank man, but that's what I tried to do. I got confused and wrote that it was a .zip up there. I'm really confused and couldn't flash the .img. Could you walk me through it? or point me to a thread that shows me how to do it?

colettamiguel

Mar 29, 2012
I just tried that. I get this message: "error: cannot load 'twrp-crespo-2.0.0RC0.img'" I don't know what to do!

Top Liked Posts