Question I can flash bootloader.img on a vzw phone

Search This thread

KevinDel

Apr 7, 2014
IDK if this will help me in unlocking my phone, but I CAN do "fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img" with success. Here is what comes up

OKAY [ 1.180s]
writing 'bootloader'...
(bootloader) Validating 'default.xml'
(bootloader) Committing 'default.xml'
(bootloader) - flashing 'tz.mbn' to 'tz'
(bootloader) - flashing 'hyp.mbn' to 'hyp'
(bootloader) - flashing 'devcfg.mbn' to 'devcfg'
(bootloader) - flashing 'keymaster.mbn' to 'keymaster'
(bootloader) - flashing 'storsec.mbn' to 'storsec'
(bootloader) - flashing 'uefi_sec.mbn' to 'uefisecapp'
(bootloader) - flashing 'prov64.mbn' to 'prov'
(bootloader) - flashing 'abl.elf' to 'abl'
(bootloader) - flashing 'aop.mbn' to 'aop'
(bootloader) - flashing 'qupfw.elf' to 'qupfw'
(bootloader) - flashing 'cpucp.elf' to 'cpucp'
(bootloader) - flashing 'shrm.elf' to 'shrm'
(bootloader) - flashing 'xbl_config.elf' to 'xbl_config'
(bootloader) - flashing 'xbl.elf' to 'xbl'
OKAY [ 0.256s]
finished. total time: 1.436s

Is there anything we can do with this? Boot.img won't flash tho. OEM still locked. Maybe we can unlock it wiht this info?

EDIT: I have found this download for having android 11 on the edge 2021, and I can so far flash everything. I am guna try a boot image patch later and will update. So far VZW bootloader/OEM is locked still

EDIT 2: Here is the file name for android 11 XT2141-1_BERLNA_RETUS_11_RRMS31.Q3-23-39-14-1-2_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_cid50_CFC.xml.zip so far it's causing me to boot loop which isn't good. Going to reflash everything and try again

Last edited:

RyuujinDW

Jul 3, 2022
Just a thought...Spectrum uses the exact same network Verizon does and apparently their firmware is an offshoot of Verizon's - and unlike Verizon, their bootloader is unlockable. Do you think flashing Spectrum firmware to a Verizon version of this phone could do the trick for the bootloader unlocking?

ninjakira

Nov 6, 2016
batavia, ohio
Just a thought...Spectrum uses the exact same network Verizon does and apparently their firmware is an offshoot of Verizon's - and unlike Verizon, their bootloader is unlockable. Do you think flashing Spectrum firmware to a Verizon version of this phone could do the trick for the bootloader unlocking?
That's not how it works at all, the unlock code is basically (think of hardcoded) to the device itself, it's like someone trying to flash a sim unlocked firmware to a sim locked phone, it won't sim unlock the device, the same applies to bootloader unlock, spectrum is paying for the access to Verizon's towers essentially, not the devices