• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

General I can help you flash xiaomi.eu ROM

Search This thread

gubik7

Feb 25, 2014
You cannot relock the bootloader if you switch.
If you go from Global to China, China to Global or Global to EU, you can't relock after any scenio.

The only time you can relock is if you reflashed the ORIGINAL global rom after getting bored of an EU or China variation.

If you installed the Xiaomi.eu rom you'd have Google Pay, Banking Apps, 12.5.7 and more so it would make sense to do this rather than stick with Vodafone Global and just not relock as it makes no difference to your usage.

P.s. Fastboot install of 12.5.4 of the Xiaom.eu rom is easiest for beginners.
You can use TWRP to update to 12.5.7 afterwards and not lose any data.
hi,

after a whole day of "fight" i have managed to install global 12.5.3 on my mi 11 ultra, it was a nightmare, as my computer for some reason did not well at the final stage of flash (super) and finally after my wife's work comeback
and her laptop little help (did not spare mi the fight either) with one of many attempts and constant internet browse, the phone lit up itself showing 12.5 boot screen.
apologies for such long intro..
my question is, from this stage - is it easier to flash latest like 12.5.7 version and enjoy of google pay working stage.
please?

regards
zib

ichibanhebi1

Jun 8, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Dalvik and cache does not wipe anything affecting personal information. Only a format data does. It is recommended to wipe dalvik and cache after any update when using TWRP. On fastboot ROMs, it is done in the script, in twrp you do it manually. You will be presented with the option at the end of the flash.
If you don't, some updated items may not work or at worse, you may find it return to twrp. Wiping dalvik really is harmless to your own data.
Thanks! I will do that. So what is the difference between the weekly and stable? Who is making those updates/changes? And If I currently have Stable, do I need to do anything different to update to a weekly? Or do it do it the same way with TWRP or will I need to format?

Sathelp

Nov 27, 2007
Brean, Somerset
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Thanks! I will do that. So what is the difference between the weekly and stable? Who is making those updates/changes? And If I currently have Stable, do I need to do anything different to update to a weekly? Or do it do it the same way with TWRP or will I need to format?
The EU Devs apply an EU ROM template to the Chinese stock ROM. So the weekly is a templated Wednesday night beta ROM, so all recent changes during the week are in this release. The stable ROM is again the Chinese stock stable released ROM withe the EU template. The changes from stock Chinese are the latest and best hand picked system aps updated when the stock versions are.
Each model of Xiaomi phone with Snapdragon chipsets are covered for as long as the Chinese support them with updates. It's a big job but great for us.
As each branch of ROM ( EU, stock EEA, Global and Chinese) have different branches of each back in the development stages and their public releases. Each branch may have a different partition layout. So if you move from one branch to another, you must format data after flash or it may not boot until you do. But this is why the format data is so important. Once done, each update just needs a dalvik and cache clean as residual cache may not match updated apps. This why the option is presented to you after a twrp flash.

ichibanhebi1

Jun 8, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
The EU Devs apply an EU ROM template to the Chinese stock ROM. So the weekly is a templated Wednesday night beta ROM, so all recent changes during the week are in this release. The stable ROM is again the Chinese stock stable released ROM withe the EU template. The changes from stock Chinese are the latest and best hand picked system aps updated when the stock versions are.
Each model of Xiaomi phone with Snapdragon chipsets are covered for as long as the Chinese support them with updates. It's a big job but great for us.
As each branch of ROM ( EU, stock EEA, Global and Chinese) have different branches of each back in the development stages and their public releases. Each branch may have a different partition layout. So if you move from one branch to another, you must format data after flash or it may not boot until you do. But this is why the format data is so important. Once done, each update just needs a dalvik and cache clean as residual cache may not match updated apps. This why the option is presented to you after a twrp flash.
Wow that's for the in depth explanation. I completely understand now.

Reactions: Sathelp

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
but you don't need to wipe dalvik and cache if you update via OTA on official updates (maybe because they do this process automatically)

Einheit-101

Jul 4, 2013
I just ordered a 11 ultra from tradingShenzen with unlocked xiaomi.eu ROM. They say it i passes SafetyNet and has widevine L1. Is that true? Netflix, Disney+ and banking apps working? Does the default kernel hide bootloader unlock status?

astaroth

Sep 24, 2007
Hi,
I have a Mi 11 Ultra 512Gb from China, the store were i ordered the Phone unlocked the Bootloader and installed for me the Global Rom. After few days of usage i get the OTA Update for 12.5.2 but i was not happy with the network speed because ca was not working. Because of that i tried to install the Global eea 12.5.3 Rom with the XiaoMiTool V2. It does not work and since that i see all the Time the Fastboot Screen and the Phone will not Boot. Also i tried to install the eu Rom with Adb Command and with MiFlash Tool the original Global Rom. Nothing will work and the Phone is all the Time in the Fastboot Modus.
Can someone help me to flash the Phone?

Thanks and greets

Sathelp

Nov 27, 2007
Brean, Somerset
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Download the EU Stable ROM from the Xiaomi EU forum and Install twrp using fastboot, boot to twrp, flash the stable ROM, format data, reboot to system.
Once you have A ROM working you can move on. Don't use miflash for this, use the command prompt and adb fastboot commands.
If you want to go back to stock, you can from there but at least you will have a working phone.
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-12-0-12-1-12-2-12-5-stable-release.56191/ will get you all the instructions and download.

astaroth

Sep 24, 2007
Download the EU Stable ROM from the Xiaomi EU forum and Install twrp using fastboot, boot to twrp, flash the stable ROM, format data, reboot to system.
Once you have A ROM working you can move on. Don't use miflash for this, use the command prompt and adb fastboot commands.
If you want to go back to stock, you can from there but at least you will have a working phone.
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-12-0-12-1-12-2-12-5-stable-release.56191/ will get you all the instructions and download.
Hi,

Thanks for your help.
I tried to instal twrp with fastboot, but i get all the time an error. There stands: Writing recovery FAILED (remote: '(recovery_a) No such partition')
I have no Idea what to do.

thanks

BodgeKunt

May 12, 2021
I can't unlock my UK version bootloader anybody know what this message is saying please
Thank you

Attachments

• received_333597408391369.jpeg
    received_333597408391369.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 13

Sathelp

Nov 27, 2007
Brean, Somerset
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I can't unlock my UK version bootloader anybody know what this message is saying please
Thank you
Unlock with the proper tool. Go here for unlock and Xiaomi unlock tool and instructions. https://en.miui.com/unlock/
You must get your phone and account joined, then unlock. When you start, it will make you wait 1 week, 168 hours. When you come back after time, do the process again and it will unlock and format your data, so have a back up ready or twrp and ROM to install at the same time to save formatting again when flashing the first ROM.

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Thank you

Read here to unlock bootloader with pictures and photos:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/4288121/

There's also notes what you need to take care of to unlock bootloader.

The Clean Flash custom ROMs section is for Poco X3 Pro.

For Mi 11 Ultra to flash custom ROMs, ignore step 8, 9 and 12. Don't blindly follow it. Use the files in Mi 11 Ultra XDA forum.

I don't take any blame if you done something wrong on your own. I don't have Mi 11 Ultra, so can't tell if it's the same steps, unless someone donate me Mi 11 Ultra :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, I recently flashed my Chinese Mi 11 Ultra with Xiaomi.eu ROM and I would like to help others if you are new to flashing / working with fastboot stuff / dont know anything about ROMs and drivers. I can help you in my free time to unlock the phone (ofcourse you have to wait 7 days) and flash xiaomi.eu ROM after bootloader unlock. I owned xiaomi phones back from 2014 and I have some experience flashing and rooting phones. I will help you remotely through TeamViewer with no cost( *only in my free time* ) to help the community. For security purposes, i will be connecting through a completely empty laptop without any files in it.

NOTE: I am not the Xiaomi Authorized EDL guy. Just a Mi 11/ Mi 11 Ultra community member.

Thanks!
    I can also help. I am based in EU, so bear in mind my timezone.
    Hi @saisannihith ,
    This made my day and I'm totally happy to be in a community still supporting each others. Sadly first two attempts I tried to get some help, they ignored and finally when I saw your post, it gave me some hope.
    Sadly I'm new to Xiaomi world and recently I purchased my first ever device. So now the problem is since it's not release in my country I've gotten myself into this pickle of China ROM Mi 11 Ultra.

I have PM'd you as well (Contacting Method) and it would be greatly appreciated if you could help me out as well to get this device installed with EU Rom. Thank you so much in advance.
    I will flash my mi 11 pro next sunday (after unlock bootloader)
    It doesn't look so hard, but i'm a little scared to do that, i don't want to brick my phone.
    No problem. If anything just message me on this website.