I cannot resolve brick...

Search This thread

Nekrux

Apr 22, 2018
Veneto
I'm stucked into booting logo "Samsung" and i've only access to the download mode, where i tried everything i could find online: reinstall recovery, flash stock rom, and so on. From what i've find i suppose there is a problem about partitions so i even tried to flash .pit file, but Odin gets stucked at "SetupConnection" or "Initialzation" proccess. It takes forever, even for the recovery. I tried the emergency restore from Smart Switch but it cannot recognize my phone...

At the moment im writing (im trying another time to flash twrp), after 15 mins of initialzation now it's stucked on "Get PIT for mapping"...

Thanks in advace for any help.

UsmaniMustafa

Sep 7, 2016
Karachi
I tried that already... I can try one more time but... But i'm hopeless to be honest. What should i flash while i tick nand erase?
Don't be hopeless. Bricking a phone tbh is not that easy.
Just find the latest firmware for your model on sammobile and then place the files in there respective slots. In the option check nand erase and re partition and flash. Hope this helps. https://xdaforums.com/s7-edge/help/help-unbrick-s7edge-sm935w8-please-t3927240
This is a thread with someone having a similar problem.

Also try changing the cable your using and making sure on the latest odin or version 3.1. Also try different usb ports on your laptop.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nekrux

Nekrux

Apr 22, 2018
Veneto
Just find the latest firmware for your model on sammobile and then place the files in there respective slots. In the option check nand erase and re partition and flash. Hope this helps. https://xdaforums.com/s7-edge/help/help-unbrick-s7edge-sm935w8-please-t3927240

Also try changing the cable your using and making sure on the latest odin or version 3.1. Also try different usb ports on your laptop.

This is the log...

Code:
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin engine v(ID:3.1301)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> Total Binary size: 3993 M
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/003> Can't open the specified file. (Line: 1892)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Shauqeen

Jul 31, 2019
Your firmware has to be an exact match otherwise it won't work, my advice is to download Sam firm to find out the exact match of your firmware, download the files suggested by sam firm and flash with the latest Odin.

Nekrux

Apr 22, 2018
Veneto
Can't open the file. Maybe the download is corrupted. Re download and also try without pit file. One more thing you can try is just put AP in odin and leave everything else blank and try.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

Any error on the phone screen?

Nope, on screen i have only classical logo and this on the left upper corner:

Odin mode
Download speed: fast
Product name: SM-G935F
Current binary: Custom
System status: Official
Fap lock: Off
Secure download: Enabled
Warranty void: 1 (0x030c)
Rp Swrev: B:5 K:3 S:4

Your firmware has to be an exact match otherwise it won't work, my advice is to download Sam firm to find out the exact match of your firmware, download the files suggested by sam firm and flash with the latest Odin.

I'm sure enough i'm flashin last and exact firmware. My model is S7 Edge Italy no brand. Thats the file i've downloaded: G935FXXS5ESF6_G935FITV5ESF6_ITV.zip.

Last edited:

Nekrux

Apr 22, 2018
Veneto
Can't open the file. Maybe the download is corrupted. Re download and also try without pit file. One more thing you can try is just put AP in odin and leave everything else blank and try.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

I tried by setting only AP with nand erase and re-partition, after re-downloading firmware from SamMobile. No pit file at all [as well last time] and i get that error again:

Code:
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Total Binary size: 3921 M
<ID:0/003> Can't open the specified file. (Line: 1892)

Now i'm trying to download the firmware also from Updato

Edit:

Updato keeps aborting the firmware download. I used SamFirm but files inside are the same of the Sammobile archive.

Anyway while trying to flash PIT file yesterday or two days ago i got this error tho:

Code:
<ID:0/003> Total Binary size: 43 M
<ID:0/003> Re-Partition operation failed.

I've searched a bit online but nothing works... I gonna buy new phone i guess. I'm sad cause i wanted a Pixel or a Xiaomi but i have to get a Samsung since my things are all backed up on their cloud.

A little vent: i'm not that expert at modding or coding or whatever, but i always liked to mod my old Nexus 5. It served me for years and i never had hard things to do, or dangerous situations or critical bricks/unsolvable problems. Now first time i put hands on my S7 Edge [i waited warranty's end]... This...

Last edited:

UsmaniMustafa

Sep 7, 2016
Karachi
I tried by setting only AP with nand erase and re-partition, after re-downloading firmware from SamMobile. No pit file at all [as well last time] and i get that error again:

Edit:

Updato keeps aborting the firmware download. I used SamFirm but files inside are the same of the Sammobile archive.

Anyway while trying to flash PIT file yesterday or two days ago i got this error tho:

I've searched a bit online but nothing works... I gonna buy new phone i guess. I'm sad cause i wanted a Pixel or a Xiaomi but i have to get a Samsung since my things are all backed up on their cloud.

A little vent: i'm not that expert at modding or coding or whatever, but i always liked to mod my old Nexus 5. It served me for years and i never had hard things to do, or dangerous situations or critical bricks/unsolvable problems. Now first time i put hands on my S7 Edge [i waited warranty's end]... This...
Before trying all this I'm assuming you enabled OEM Unlock in developer settings, if so try to flash twrp. Maybe that will give you access and from there ypu can flash a custom rom

Nisar Ahmed Nisar

Mar 28, 2018
Sindh
Before trying all this I'm assuming you enabled OEM Unlock in developer settings, if so try to flash twrp. Maybe that will give you access and from there ypu can flash a custom rom

Twrp is flashed in recovery.img partition. I am afraid he will receive same error because Odin would try to open PIT file for recovery flashing. If there isn't any user error then the phone can only be fixed by AnyWay box.

Nekrux

Apr 22, 2018
Veneto
Twrp is flashed in recovery.img partition. I am afraid he will receive same error because Odin would try to open PIT file for recovery flashing. If there isn't any user error then the phone can only be fixed by AnyWay box.

What is user error? I assume it's kinda errors should appear on phone screen like UsmaniMustafa asked me before. Also i suppose AnyWay Box is a tool that only Samsung customers service or some tricky people have.

Aimless Rambler

Mar 9, 2012
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 3 XL

Edit:

A few things to check, Odin version and binary numbers of firmware you're trying to flash vs your current binary number. If trying to flash oreo software ensure you are using Odin 3.13.1.

Nekrux

Apr 22, 2018
Veneto
A few things to check, Odin version and binary numbers of firmware you're trying to flash vs your current binary number. If trying to flash oreo software ensure you are using Odin 3.13.1.

I started with Odin 3.13.1, later i even tried 3.12.7 since i've read something somewhere... I don't remember. How do i get my current binary number? I cannot access to anything but download mode...

Aimless Rambler

Mar 9, 2012
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 3 XL
I started with Odin 3.13.1, later i even tried 3.12.7 since i've read something somewhere... I don't remember. How do i get my current binary number? I cannot access to anything but download mode...

In a previous post you noted that you have this "Rp Swrev: B:5 K:3 S:4" in download mode. The B:5 = Binary 5, you would need to match the binary number against firmware you intend to flash in Odin. For example, for the following firmware G935XXXX9CSC2, counting from right to left the 5th number would be the binary number. In the example it is '9'. In your case you would need Binary 5 firmware. If you have downloaded the correct binary firmware and it has still failed to flash you may need to try a different version of Odin (if firmware is Android Oreo, Odin 3.13.1 is needed due to lz4 format). You may need to flash incrementally, please see the link below and follow suggestion as posted in my italicized text below.

In Odin v3.13 U must add all 4 files (BL,AP,CP,CSC)
And in PIT tab you must add pit file
In options you apply Re-Partition, Auto Reboot, F. Reset Time
Click Start

https://www.sammobile.com/forum/threads/40890-Odin-error-(can-t-open-the-specified-file-)-line-1892

Further suggestions:
If flash fails add USERDATA Home CSC in slot
If flash fail ... add all except CP

Forgot to mention the obvious ... make sure you are using OEM USB cable.

Last edited:

shah22

Redownload the firmware files, I think they are corrupt.

Redowmload odin 3.13.1 (only this version works with oreo firmwares)

Redownload italy's bootloader 5 firmware.

Don't use pit file.

Don't check repartition.

Don't check nand erase.

(All these options are useless and won't do any good (if not bad) on s7 edge)

To explain : pit file is already in csc md5, no need to extract and do pit mapping again..

Nand erase was a dangerous option only used for older samsung phones to repair hard bricked phones in samsung service centers. It erases all the nv data like imei / serial no. and even the download mode (accordingly on old samsung phones). This option is obsolete on latest samsung phones which are hard coded to not delete nv data and download mode etc so this option does nothing in new phones, also internal memory gets erased when csc.md5 is flashed !

Repartition option is useless too, as csc.md5 file repartitions automatically.

(Repartition option's only use is that when people want to upgrade from a previous android version WITHOUT losing data, they can select HOME_CSC.md5 while flashing the newer firmware and repartition box checked, I don't know if it works correctly..)

Just select auto reboot and F.reset timer in odin options.

If still it throws some error then phone's internal memory got some hardware problem.

Sent from my S7 Edge using XDA Labs

Last edited:
Reactions: Aimless Rambler

Aimless Rambler

Mar 9, 2012
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 3 XL
To explain : pit file is already in csc md5, no need to extract and do pit mapping again..

Nand erase was a dangerous option only used for older samsung phones to repair hard bricked phones in samsung service centers. It erases all the nv data like imei / serial no. and even the download mode (accordingly on old samsung phones). This option is obsolete on latest samsung phones which are hard coded to not delete nv data and download mode etc so this option does nothing in new phones, also internal memory gets erased when csc.md5 is flashed !

Repartition option is useless too, as csc.md5 file repartitions automatically.

(Repartition option's only use is that when people want to upgrade from a previous android version WITHOUT using data, they can select HOME_CSC.md5 while flashing the newer firmware and repartition box checked, I don't know if it works correctly..)

Just select auto reboot and F.reset timer in odin options.

If still it throws some error then phone's internal memory got some hardware problem.

Sent from my S7 Edge using XDA Labs

Good information, if OP isn't thanking you I will. I'm an old time Samsung fanboy but there's been a slight break in time for me and things seem to change.

Reactions: shah22

Logusr

Oct 12, 2020
Stuck in Samsung Logo Screen. Recovery Mode not loading. FRP Lock on

Suddenly My phone stopped working. Stuck in samsung logo screen . cannot enter recovery mode. I have only option is to use odin to install software. have downloaded files from sammobile site. Always stuck in initialisation for 30 min and then proceed and fails at re partition operation failed. tried to install twrp . download was halfway and stopped because of FRP Lock ON. How to proceed .. Pls help me..

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Good information, if OP isn't thanking you I will. I'm an old time Samsung fanboy but there's been a slight break in time for me and things seem to change.

Suddenly My phone stopped working. Stuck in samsung logo screen . cannot enter recovery mode. I have only option is to use odin to install software. have downloaded files from sammobile site. Always stuck in initialisation for 30 min and then proceed and fails at re partition operation failed. tried to install twrp . download was halfway and stopped because of FRP Lock ON. How to proceed .. Pls help me..

Use 7zip to extract the CSC file from the firmware you downloaded from sammobile. After extraction you'll find the PIT file in the folder.
Start Odin 3.14
Go to options tab and enable re-partition and nand erase
Go to pit tab
Click on pit and select the pit file you extracted from the firmware
Now preload the BL, AP, CP and CSC md5 files
Click start and wait

---------- Post added at 02:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

And for removing FRP lock the easiest way of doing this is by using a tool named FRP HiJacker by Hagard

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Tick nand erase in odin and try again.
    I tried that already... I can try one more time but... But i'm hopeless to be honest. What should i flash while i tick nand erase?