• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

I cannot use the note 10+ exynos

Search This thread

juan_21

Oct 26, 2021
Hi, i have been trying to fix my aunt's phone, which is a note 10+ exynos variant. Her phone fell into the water and that made it soft bricked.Before it fell into the water, it worked fine, it has never been rooted or installed a custom recovery.
i rebooted into download mode, everything looked fine, i flashed the official rom files through odin, when it restarted, it entered bootloop. I plugged it again into the pc and something weird happened. While i was flashing the rom, the phone 'disconnected' and i got the message
'an error has occurred while updating the device software'. I tried to load it into download mode, but the phone won't be recognized in the pc. I tried: reinstall Samsung USB drivers, running odin as admin, etc. Nothing worked, odin won't recognize the phone. Please, any advice on anything i can do? I'm new in XDA and thank u a lot for reading this

Last edited:

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Was the rear cover removed?
The phone shouldn't soft brick from water unless it got inside... or is the soft brick a separate issue?
Cause and effect, first things first...
If any water is inside it must be removed before it permanently damages the device.

juan_21

Oct 26, 2021
Was the rear cover removed?
The phone shouldn't soft brick from water unless it got inside... or is the soft brick a separate issue?
Cause and effect, first things first...
If any water is inside it must be removed before it permanently damages the device.
When I first received the phone, i realized I could boot in download mode. The android version was 9, I downloaded Android 11 rom for the exact same model. Everything looked fine, it finished flashing and then the phone softbricked, it couldn't enter the android os. I did again reboot in download, I reflashed the rom, the phone somehow disconnected in middle of the AP flash then j got the error message. The computer won't recognize the phone, I tried different cables but not working.