• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question I can't get more than 4.5 hours of screen time and about 15 hours of overall time...

Search This thread

berfles

Sep 4, 2011
The idle drain is ridiculously low, but I can't help but think something is draining the battery while I use it. It can't all be the screen, but my number one offenders according to GSAM are Android System and Kernel OS. I can post logs if need be, but is there anything else I can do?

I'm using the middle resolution, 120hz, auto brightness, no location, BT on, 5G turned off... I don't know what else I can try. No clue how some people get 6-8 hours of SoT.

Last edited:

berfles

Sep 4, 2011
Overnight I see a .2% drain, it's the smallest drain I've seen on a phone.

I even tried to re-optimize apps through ADB and that did nothing, last night I tried wipes Ng cache and charging it overnight... Currently at 96% with a whopping 10 minutes if screen time. I swear it's something with these photos best and Verizon judging by the other thread regarding screen time on this forum.

dkcats3

Sep 13, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro
Overnight I see a .2% drain, it's the smallest drain I've seen on a phone.

I even tried to re-optimize apps through ADB and that did nothing, last night I tried wipes Ng cache and charging it overnight... Currently at 96% with a whopping 10 minutes if screen time. I swear it's something with these photos best and Verizon judging by the other thread regarding screen time on this forum.
It's possoble you have a lot of background optimization still running, try running the optimize command from adb to force it to finish all of it. See here

Also, turn off RAM booster in settings, it just pre-runs apps in the background to try to shorten load times even though load times are fast already

berfles

Sep 4, 2011
It's possoble you have a lot of background optimization still running, try running the optimize command from adb to force it to finish all of it. See here

Also, turn off RAM booster in settings, it just pre-runs apps in the background to try to shorten load times even though load times are fast already

I tried the ADB thing already weeks ago, it took about an hour to finish the command.

I'll try turning off the RAM booster now and see if that helps at all.
Maybe it is just me...

But what is the problem with these numbers?
Just charge it for 20min when low battery...

A phone is meant to be used, no?

If I don't feel confident being able to take my phone off the charger in the morning and go off for the day where I may not have access to a charger, that's not good. Especially when others are getting 3 hours more screen time than I am.

Reactions: samwhiteUK

Bunecarera

Mar 4, 2008
OnePlus 9 Pro
If I don't feel confident being able to take my phone off the charger in the morning and go off for the day where I may not have access to a charger, that's not good. Especially when others are getting 3 hours more screen time than I am.

Unless you know exactly what others are doing with their phone, then it's just bullshit.
Reading a book on dark mode and flightmode? That's not really using a phone.
Going out and about, making phone calls, chatting, listening to music, using 4G or 5G the entire day...
That's using a phone. And off course you are not going to get 6h SoT in these situations.
This is not a Nokia 3310...

All the nice flagship features of the phone require battery power.
Hence, Oneplus gave it the ability to charge it in 20min...

Buy a battery pack or an extra charger.
Or, try an other kernel.

Reactions: crashazz3

berfles

Sep 4, 2011
Unless you know exactly what others are doing with their phone, then it's just bullshit.
Going out and about, making phone calls, chatting, listening to music, using 4G or 5G the entire day...
That's using a phone. And off course you are not going to get 6h SoT in these situations.

Or, try an other kernel.
I'm pretty sure the people getting those times aren't sitting there reading a book. I browse the internet, listen to music, and use social media and it barely lasts the entire day. I don't think it's out of line to want similar battery life to my 3 year old phone. Having it drop 5% with 10 minutes of screen time and 40 minutes off the charger is not "good battery life", therefore I am checking to see if there's anything I can do about it.

Also, ambient display is already off as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I tried the ADB thing already weeks ago, it took about an hour to finish the command.

I'll try turning off the RAM booster now and see if that helps at all.
    Maybe it is just me...

But what is the problem with these numbers?
    Just charge it for 20min when low battery...

A phone is meant to be used, no?

Or, try an other kernel.