• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

I come across video on YouTube root s20 fe

Search This thread

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
It’s just sim card pin!! Isn’t it?
yep you're right it's the SIM.

a method like this is just saving you a literal 5 minutes. I think it's better that people learn how to take care of things themselves than have to trust someone else to keep things working for them.

setup ADB on your computer to pull the patched file back to the ADB folder and you've got everything already in place.

abdellahboughrom

Mar 18, 2016
yep you're right it's the SIM.

a method like this is just saving you a literal 5 minutes. I think it's better that people learn how to take care of things themselves than have to trust someone else to keep things working for them.

setup ADB on your computer to pull the patched file back to the ADB folder and you've got everything already in place.
I don't know anything about such things! I only wanted to root my s20 fe exynos with android 11 bootloader but i couldn't find how! Im not ready to try that method as i am afraid to screw up something that i could not solve. It may be easy to some of you to unbrick or save your phone. Now im asking if this method is safe or if you can make it alot safer. That what xda forum is made for :D

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
in the one sense, the method is completely safe. if you untick the autoreboot option in Odin it should tell you if the flash has failed and you can reboot out of and back into download mode.

it's kinda unsafe to flash files from someone you just find on YouTube with barely any views.

you can use the same guide as the 5G snapdragon version or even the regular S20/21, the steps are going to be identical.

there are 2 main methods for root, 1 via recovery and 2 via patching (same as the video, except you create the patch instead of using someone else's).

Reactions: abdellahboughrom

abdellahboughrom

Mar 18, 2016
in the one sense, the method is completely safe. if you untick the autoreboot option in Odin it should tell you if the flash has failed and you can reboot out of and back into download mode.

it's kinda unsafe to flash files from someone you just find on YouTube with barely any views.

you can use the same guide as the 5G snapdragon version or even the regular S20/21, the steps are going to be identical.

there are 2 main methods for root, 1 via recovery and 2 via patching (same as the video, except you create the patch instead of using someone else's).
But i don't know how to patch :( he may spy on me you mean... It has pretty good views around 307 in one week... You made me confused. Hmmm

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London

abdellahboughrom

Mar 18, 2016
for the benefit of saving yourself 5 literal minutes you could be letting someone put malware onto your phone.
read this... https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html
it's the process this video is based on. even just to get more conceptually familiar with what's happening it worth a read.
These steps are difficult for me. I try to read but it is hard. I'm just wondering why xda devs didn't post how to root s20 fe Exynos android 11 ui 3.1! Can't find except that video and he claimed that it works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    he unlocked his phone with a pin after flashing.